Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

That's one game. He'll have played 200 more after this season is done. Tim Sheens will be his 5th coach.

I don't know how you explain 4 different coaches over 10 seasons individually and collectively coached good footy "out of him".

The easier explanation is he just can't maintain the standard he set at his debut, and you don't get many chances to surprise your opposition.
Through no fault of their own...yes. Brooks is definitely a product of his environment and I imagine he's not alone.
I think he is much better than many on here believe.

Through no fault of their own...yes. Brooks is definitely a product of his environment and I imagine he's not alone.
I think he is much better than many on here believe.
Yes he is better than people give him credit for.

However he definitely played a part in some of those coaches being moved on.

Reactions: 851
Use to think the Tigers just needed a few quality players to say.... I could go there and help that struggling club become successful.

Seems like this has finally happened.

Ice, Api, Klemmer and Bateman...

Along with a guy like Offa extending, who would've truly had offers from other places (dolphins!?)

Some good prospects coming through- Pole, Kautoga, Tupou, etc......

+ our junior talents.

It's time for us to shed the east beats image and become a powerhouse.

This is a rundown of that competition. Unfortunately it doesn't give you team sheets . I do know that Bryce Cartwright, DWZ and Adam Elliott were in the side. But if you look through the page there are a lot of current NRL players in there. Joe O for Qld, Matt Lodge, Clint Gutho, Dylan Walker etc. Then if you look at the Aust Schoolboys team its a who's who. Joe O couldn't make the side to play England who had an Academy player by the name of John Bateman. People who think that pathways don't matter should look at this type of thing.
Thats a good website even though hard to read...use
Use to think the Tigers just needed a few quality players to say.... I could go there and help that struggling club become successful.

Seems like this has finally happened.

Ice, Api, Klemmer and Bateman...

Along with a guy like Offa extending, who would've truly had offers from other places (dolphins!?)

Some good prospects coming through- Pole, Kautoga, Tupou, etc......

+ our junior talents.

It's time for us to shed the east beats image and become a powerhouse.
Last roll of the dice afaic

Na man, C'Mon surely you'd be all over this one....
Surely it be that young fella from the Lebanon WC plays 6 or 1 - Rajab is it?
I didn't see him in their top 30...
Fresh off going pretty well in a WC - To come back and have a couple of no ones signed in front of him.... Competitive Lebanese boy - Kids got something about him...
My bet would be him.

Madge Maybe.... Potter was moved after Brooks first year in grade - Everyone knows why
Taylor in an attempt to salvage the rest of the big 3.
He obviously wasn't working well with Madge - Although, You'd be stretched to find someone that was.
Rajeb probably go to the Storm and be the next big thing.

Doesn't really affect us - our halves are sorted for 2023 as are the eels. Does affect how things might play out over the next 12 months.
Only issue is if we have potential money on hold for Moses we can't sign someone else who might pop up. At some stage we need to give him a deadline. We can't keep potentially 1.4 mill of our cap unused for Moses to sign for much of the season. We could miss out on Moses and any other potential halves.

Holding them back a bit not a bad thing in my opinion.

Regardless wad not the root cause with Brooks which is the 4 coaches that proceeded ruined his game in my opinion.
Agree. Another point is when kids fly through the lower grades they have no reason to develop. They coast along till they reach NRL level then struggle because they're development plateaued

Agree. Another point is when kids fly through the lower grades they have no reason to develop. They coast along till they reach NRL level then struggle because they're development plateaued
That is true and is one of the main reasons why young players who look good through juniors and junior rep sides don't make it at the top level

Isaac Moses played us like a fiddle when Moses, Tedesco and Sharon left, for more money. No one at the club was switched on enough to realise it at the time.
I think they were incompetent but at the same time Isaac had us by the nuts. As I recall we tried to hire his partner who was breaking away from Cove?
Who was our CEO at the time?
We certainly found in the aftermath we had limited access to the best players.
Sheens seems to have rebuilt the bridges?

Reactions: 851
Isaac Moses played us like a fiddle when Moses, Tedesco and Sharon left, for more money. No one at the club was switched on enough to realise it at the time.
They don't pay him the big bucks to not get the best deals - Moses, Bateman, and Brooks all in his crop he will be making sure that he is using every advantage to get what he wants at our expense if it comes down to that.

Back