Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He's also hopelessly biased and compromised. If we had have signed a 33 year old Josh Reynolds and let a budding talent go elsewhere he'd be doing his stupid guffawing on Fox League. Gus does it and Buzz says who is he to question their decision.
It's just playing on the emotion thing.

Heard he was a rare DT jurno who stuck to super league story when that was happening.

There's a lot worse than him.

Good players come for good money. Moses had the same expectations at the Eels and handled it well. He is a professional and will get the job done (if he joins WTs_.

I think he can handle the pressure as well. It's not just that though. Injuries happen.

Who knows what is going to happen anyway. I'm more interested in the season starting right now.

I think he can handle the pressure as well. It's not just that though. Injuries happen.

Who knows what is going to happen anyway. I'm more interested in the season starting right now.
I am a big supporter of Laurie. He has the natural ball-playing, good instincts, defence and pace to be a good utility between fullback and 6 if required.

I think they were incompetent but at the same time Isaac had us by the nuts. As I recall we tried to hire his partner who was breaking away from Cove?
Who was our CEO at the time?
We certainly found in the aftermath we had limited access to the best players.
Sheens seems to have rebuilt the
Pretty sure our CEO at the time is the same as now but I might be wrong and it could have been Grant Mayer.

Except they all left for less money....
Maybe Teddy got par, But the others left for less money.
Moses offer was 1 mill for 2018 - He's on less than that now....
On the books under the cap yes. But who knows what tpas were thrown in.

Reactions: 851
Nope.

The club was "switched on" to it at the time. The problem was the club wasn't switched on to it that the 3 players, Tedesco, Moses and Brooks had their contracts coming up at the same time. Sharon then wanted to "stay"* and signed with the same manager.

*whatever you make of that.
Don't forget the club wanted to hire the footy whisperer Whebe, Isaac Moses business associate on a permanent basis to keep the players happy. The club were being taken for a ride till they started waking up to it. It was a real poop show

1, Clubs like ours ususally don't have the luxury to hold players back due to depth issues.
2. A young halfback introduced into a stronger side with strong forwards has a distinct advantage over those in weaker teams.
This.
I often wonder if Cleary or Moses were behind our pack last year if they would have done any better. I don't know.

Don't forget the club wanted to hire the footy whisperer Whebe, Isaac Moses business associate on a permanent basis to keep the players happy. The club were being taken for a ride till they started waking up to it. It was a real poop show
Footy whisperer ended up being messy and ended up in court against Isaac

I am a big supporter of Laurie. He has the natural ball-playing, good instincts, defence and pace to be a good utility between fullback and 6 if required.
From reports , he has built up a bit. He, like others ,was thrown to the wolves last year, he is very young, and Sheens offered a 12mth extension. He must be showing something at training for this to happen. And as you said a handy utility. But it's good to see the club being cautious.

True. Depends what kind of journalist you want to be. Good journalism takes emotion out of it, emotional/biased based journalism should be limited to the pages of woman's Day or ok magazine.
IMHO, the gap between people like Warren Ryan, Peter Wilkins, Roy Masters and everyone else after that era is so deep and wide it is not funny.

No one - But the same can be said for our deals....
Harry himself has said the Players had been to see him to "Help Out"
True, it's a good point u make though because success breeds success. The magic sauce everyone wants the recipe to is how to get successfull and stay successfull.

Reactions: 851
IMHO, the gap between people like Warren Ryan, Peter Wilkins, Roy Masters and everyone else after that era is so deep and wide it is not funny.
I was only young at the time those guys were coaching. I will say the quality of league at that time was better IMHO. The players today are more athletically gifted but the players of the 70s and 80s were just tougher.
How do you compare the coaches you mention to say Bennett, Bellamy and Sheens.

It is the Rorters and Sharks who are in the hunt for young (21) Khaled Rhajab .. did he play with AD and MM in the World Cup .. ??

Latest posts

Members online

Back