Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's not just identifying talent it's developing it and players/managers know that a players talent is not reached in dud teams. Kelma T has grown an arm and a leg since going to Manly.
Every likelihood the players we consistently write off go better at other clubs and that does nothing to help us attract or retain players.

Any chance club goes after Saab I know he can’t really defend but a back three of Bula tupou and Saab would turn highballs from a weakness to a strength
There was a rumour we almost had him - under Madge.

He lives in Newtown and was commuting to Dragons training, wanted a more central club.

Attacking wise he is an elite winger with speed... backline looks organised at Manly and they have some decent back ups.

Saab would be a great signing if we could nab him.

O.k unless we are in contact with a pommy 1/2 , I think what u just raised is the best option for the tigers , why the hell would we not try to sign HYNES he may not come but throw the money at him but give him a deadline , at lease it would make the sharks pay more
Is Hynes off contract?

There was a rumour we almost had him - under Madge.

He lives in Newtown and was commuting to Dragons training, wanted a more central club.

Attacking wise he is an elite winger with speed... backline looks organised at Manly and they have some decent back ups.

Saab would be a great signing if we could nab him.
not convinced on Saab, Turbo made him look like a superstar otherwise he’s been pretty poor

He's better than what we've got...

Tupou aside.

Imagine;

1 Will Kennedy / Kaeo Weekes
2 Saab
3 Naden
4 AJ / Some one
5 Tupou

Bit of toe to that backline

Lets see how he comes back from his ACL, not due back till mid year. Normally speedy players take a good 6-12mths to come back ok once on the park. Would Trade Nofo for him though.

Lets see how he comes back from his ACL, not due back till mid year. Normally speedy players take a good 6-12mths to come back ok once on the park. Would Trade Nofo for him though.
Interested to see how the club manages Laurie and Charlie too....

Gotta feeling Laurie won't be offered a new deal / let go.

Not sure what the plan is for Charlie though.
He seems to be decent - havent seen him at his best yet.

Interested to see how the club manages Laurie and Charlie too....

Gotta feeling Laurie won't be offered a new deal / let go.

Not sure what the plan is for Charlie though.
He seems to be decent - havent seen him at his best yet.

My view is we should be keeping Staines, he is a step up on what we are use to having. We need strong squads & he can also cover more than 1 spot including fullback.

Laurie isn’t a fullback same as Brooks isn’t a halfback but doubt Laurie will get a crack at 5/8th. Laurie will get a gig easy enough at another club though.

AD had one very good game against gold Coast this year, his defence is not great. I still think AD should be in the side but at centre
As for Brooks played terrible last week worst game ever, if he doesn't improve on that by the bye he will be punted I'm sure
Should be punted now, why have him in our team at all if he will help the other teams to beat us.

For god sake get over Hastings , it was he who wanted to go once the knights offered him more money and more years , if he had wanted to stay all he had to do was play lock for a couple of weeks and he would have been back as 1/2 back , get the facts right before going off the deep end people
Anyone who has watched the knights games this year will realise Hastings is absolute rubbish. Same block play every single time. Same mid field bomb with no pressure on the full back every single time. We will be fighting with the knights for the wooden spoon and I doubt we would have won any more games if he was here. We need a decent halfback and that isn’t brooks or Hastings.

Our pack last year were totally useless, they had no go forward whatsoever, they were dominated bar the games we won every other week.
No, that's not accurate. You forget we also lost two games after the final siren, and 3-4 other games in the final ten mins.

I'm not saying we didn't get destroyed in lots of games, but even last year at our worst we were still in the hunt for at least 10 games. But threw them away by poor game management

I'm not saying we didn't get destroyed in lots of games, but even last year at our worst we were still in the hunt for at least 10 games. But threw them away by poor game management
That’s happened 4 times this year already.
I don’t see us getting flogged this year and that’s the improvement the new players bring.
Winning games will be the struggle though.

AD had one very good game against gold Coast this year, his defence is not great. I still think AD should be in the side but at centre
As for Brooks played terrible last week worst game ever, if he doesn't improve on that by the bye he will be punted I'm sure
We can only hope , Can anyone tell me why we let Jock Madden go ? I was keen on seeing his progress and thought he was playing better every chance he got,which unfortunately was few ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back