Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Roosters aren't letting him go unfortunately. Still only 20. Keary will be gone end of this year, if not next. An awkward fit at the moment because Keary's running game has left him but next concussion/injury, Walker's back in the 7.

Only 3 years to go folks 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The Tigers are yet to win a game under Sheens this season and the team has once again been hammered for dire on-field performances.

But the veteran coach has pleaded for patience.

"We're still going to be building for the next two years," he said.

"We'll be in that position (to be competitive) in, I reckon, three years' time."

Momo back in favour at the roosters

Starting in the centres this week with Manu going to 5/8

Only 3 years to go folks 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The Tigers are yet to win a game under Sheens this season and the team has once again been hammered for dire on-field performances.

But the veteran coach has pleaded for patience.

"We're still going to be building for the next two years," he said.

"We'll be in that position (to be competitive) in, I reckon, three years' time."
Last year he had a 3 year plan. Nice to know he’s extended the plan.

I wonder how many years it will be next year.

Tim Sheens: "It'll take 3 years for us to be competitive again."
Wayne Bennett "Hold my beer"

🤦It took dolphins how many years to be competitive?😢
If you were ranking coaches it would be (imo)
Level 1: Bennett, Bellamy
Level 2; Robinson, Cleary
Level 3: Fitzgibbon, Walters ( improvers)
Then all others.

Roosters aren't letting him go unfortunately. Still only 20. Keary will be gone end of this year, if not next. An awkward fit at the moment because Keary's running game has left him but next concussion/injury, Walker's back in the 7.
Last time they dropped a half was kyle flannagan..he didn't last there long.

Walkers on!

Get walker

Yep he would’ve been our version of Nathan Hindmarsh and would’ve been respected for being a one clubber just the same. Now, he’s got no gf ring and is not respected by a single fan of any of the clubs he’s played at.
Way to ruin a career Dora.
He's already sticking boot into the merger clubs saying how much he loves one town clubs. I.e sharks, manly fans.

It's not like wests and balmain fans or St George and Illawarra hate each other. It's because the owners can't get their shit together.

Tim Sheens: "It'll take 3 years for us to be competitive again."
Wayne Bennett "Hold my beer"

🤦It took dolphins how many years to be competitive?😢
To be fair Bennett started with a clean slate and purchased club combinations as a base; while we have a million dollar anchor tied to us at the same time we're trying to repair a plane that's in flight.

AD wasn't the saviour he was expected to be by the club (and his supporters) and Brooks has not magically improved behind a good pack (as many predicted). They either backed the wrong horse in the AD/Brooks combo behind the pack we purchased or they were being mindful of the cap. Either way we are in a shit state.

I expect that the driver for this year was to protect the cap and give us plenty of flexibility to recruit for 24. Had AD not been injured I think that his extension would have been a good move - he provides depth and utility. He may also have shown that he was capable of being developed into a quality 6. Unfortunately that failed so as we don't have contracts for many of our backline going forward the writing is on the wall for the 24 plans.

Not reading too much into Sheens' comments - I expect the three years means:

23 - build the pack, assess Brooks/AD as halves and experiment with the backline to unearth talent.
24 - adjust the pack (shed off contract deadwood) and build the backline. 24 is to develop experience and grow combinations. May jag a top 8 finish.
25 - first real chance at cracking the 8.

Last edited:
He's already sticking boot into the merger clubs saying how much he loves one town clubs. I.e sharks, manly fans.

It's not like wests and balmain fans or St George and Illawarra hate each other. It's because the owners can't get their shit together.

And Dora forgot to mention his time at another club altogether. Those fans were never his fans.

1681851936904.png

Yea I'm not sure mate. I've watched him pretty closely and the only thing he's good at organising is the defensive line. He is often getting in the way of attacking plays these days. He has lost his finesse. Plenty of heart and effort and has been a great player. But I truly believe if he came to us he would offer nothing.

Gah Forum. King_sirro I have wrapped you in Buttface and I can't undo this...

Now trying to think who is "KS". Katoni Staggs? Brisbane have lost so many in their cap like Fledger and Herbie (Dolphins). I would be surprised if they would tradeout Katoni Staggs, but you never know.

Personally we have hired good defending 5/8's Josh Reynolds comes to mind and look at the trainwreck that was. We need to sort defence though. I don't know how you do it, but we need to sort defence and getting a good organiser is a start.

I would love to do a 1m offer to Jarome Luai.

Wests and Balmain fans of old don't hate each other; well none that I know anyway. My old Wests and Balmain mates all follow WT now. As there aren't two entities in ownership we all have a mutual disrespect for the way our club has been mismanaged.

I don't think that is quite the same in the Dragons tent - definitely two entities pulling in different directions there.

Back