Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Well said. Happy to have someone that'll make these big calls like letting Ken n Joe go. Whether we do or don't agree on the decisions we gotta have some faith in à very experienced operator. After rewatching all this years games again I expect AD won't be long behind them. I'm hoping that we are on the right track with a few wins and experienced players playing great and younger players starting to follow their leadership and showing belief in themselves and their abilities. Hoping we're becoming a more enticing place to play for.
Big Ken looks like a great let go was thinking about him yesterday and thinking has he played a game at the Titans yet ?

Youre right Chad. It was on point to the script of "The Replacements" in which Gene Hackman played the part of coach who scraped together an unwanted band of misfits who desperately wanted one more chance to prove they had not reached their full potential and still had a super bowl game in them.
The replacements was one awesome movie. I laughed so hard.

Loved the Girlfriend driving scene... a great way to cover a stack of boring detail while making it entertaining.

We're only 4 points out atm. A few more wins and we're right in amongst it. I'm hoping there's a signing out of left field that improves the squad, I'm pretty gutted Joffas gone he always put everything into the jersey, that's all anyone can ask.
We've had one good win. Let's just win some games and not worry about the ladder.

I just want these young fellas to grow.

It's an insult to Madge and Potter to lump them in with Taylor. Taylor is close to the worst man managers in the history of sport. There's a reason his South's team punched his face in
I agree but only did it to point something out, not that I think he is near Potters or Madges level of coach. He's nowhere near as good.

How is it that guys like Sheens, Bennett and Gould, can just move players on whenever they see fit to begin rebuilding their squads instantly. Yet Other coaches like Maguire, Potter and Taylor had to ride contracts out, I always wondered what the diffrence was, is it the coaches themselves or is it the board room giving or not giving coaches free reign over the roster. If anyone has any insight in to how it might work it would be appreciated. I just can't work out why some coaches can and others can't.
In the case of mbye, packer, Reynolds, matulino the contracts were huge and long for very poor players, no club would go near those contracts and those players were so poor that they knew riding it out in reserve grade collecting their salaries was about their only option.

You can offload average overpriced average players but we were stuck with those players. Gould is great at getting rid of players, but not even he can get rid of Luke Thompson.

That period of recruitment under Cleary and Pascoe was THE WORST recruitment by any team I've ever seen. They got duped, overpaid and accepted toxic contracts from other clubs while losing our best talent. They couldn't have done worse if they were trying to destroy the club and the biggest factor in our recent terrible seasons is that period.

Madge obviously struggled to connect and build the team, but he left the club a lot better off than he found it. I'm not lamenting or sooking about his sacking but I always felt this year was going to be the one where you could properly judge his coaching given how horrendous cleary-pascoe's recruitment was.

Tigers recruitment has been limited by our lack of appeal, but they've mostly bought well or taken a risk on players who didn't work out with only short term contracts recently.

In the case of mbye, packer, Reynolds, matulino the contracts were huge and long for very poor players, no club would go near those contracts and those players were so poor that they knew riding it out in reserve grade collecting their salaries was about their only option.

You can offload average overpriced average players but we were stuck with those players. Gould is great at getting rid of players, but not even he can get rid of Luke Thompson.

That period of recruitment under Cleary and Pascoe was THE WORST recruitment by any team I've ever seen. They got duped, overpaid and accepted toxic contracts from other clubs while losing our best talent. They couldn't have done worse if they were trying to destroy the club and the biggest factor in our recent terrible seasons is that period.

Madge obviously struggled to connect and build the team, but he left the club a lot better off than he found it. I'm not lamenting or sooking about his sacking but I always felt this year was going to be the one where you could properly judge his coaching given how horrendous cleary-pascoe's recruitment was.

Tigers recruitment has been limited by our lack of appeal, but they've mostly bought well or taken a risk on players who didn't work out with only short term contracts recently.
Luke Thomson,certainly didnt let them push him out of a good contract/coin.Hope Doueihi goes the same way as Matulino

People used to rave about his tackle counts but that's because he was spotted always by the opposition and there was always plenty of post contact metres when he was involved... That said he never shirked his job and played tough always

Latest posts

Back