Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I get the feeling all this extra assistant business means Sheens is the one heading for the departure lounge. I certainly wouldn’t be doing it at the behest of two rookies, but I also get the impression that the board aren’t entirely sure on Benji and his so called vision.
I think it’s plausible we do add a Holbrook or similar I think Benji needs it and I think the club like the idea of someone there ready to take over if he fails.
Sheens imo is gone Pascoe should almost certainly get the bullet, but I’ll bet my bottom dollar he’ll be doing any necessary dirty work until then.
As much as we as fans hate the fact player managers run this game not the NRL if you’re blacklisted by three prominent agents you can forget ever having that winning feeling again. They also control all the kids coming through so you’re stuffed there too.
Sheens vs Tigers Round 2

just to echo what someone else has said
- morris has been identified as a potential assistant
- holbrook more likely to replace dean young in NQ
- dogs arent in the race for fainu’s, commited to burton at 6 and sexton at 7 for next year, saving all of their money for haas

- simpkin to parra could happen, early word was waqa blake potentially swapped

- laurie begged to go back to penrith, tigers offered a 1 year deal, panthers 1 year plus team option

- noffa is being heavily shopped, club has said no guarantee of first grade next year

- blore shopping is now off table
Laurie is a free agent, he doesn’t need to beg to sign with another team

I get the feeling all this extra assistant business means Sheens is the one heading for the departure lounge. I certainly wouldn’t be doing it at the behest of two rookies, but I also get the impression that the board aren’t entirely sure on Benji and his so called vision.
I think it’s plausible we do add a Holbrook or similar I think Benji needs it and I think the club like the idea of someone there ready to take over if he fails.
Sheens imo is gone Pascoe should almost certainly get the bullet, but I’ll bet my bottom dollar he’ll be doing any necessary dirty work until then.
As much as we as fans hate the fact player managers run this game not the NRL if you’re blacklisted by three prominent agents you can forget ever having that winning feeling again. They also control all the kids coming through so you’re stuffed there too.
S
Sheens should only oversee things not coaching.the game has gone past him

Sheens was the Director of Football and I see no reason why he shouldn't take up the position again. Our Pathways etc are excellent and our retention of the best juniors has been great. This is the lifeblood of the club and we know Sheens as an eye for talent - Bula and Feledy are examples.

Sheens was the Director of Football and I see no reason why he shouldn't take up the position again. Our Pathways etc are excellent and our retention of the best juniors has been great. This is the lifeblood of the club and we know Sheens as an eye for talent - Bula and Feledy are examples.

To quote sheens. That's not what his contract says.

The things is tho, did sheens identify those players? Shannon gallant did and bula fell in their lap. It's hard to know what sheens actually does.

Every NRL coach chooses their own players, particularly the top 17.
A manager in a workplace chooses their own staff, so no different.
That’s not entirely correct. Every coach just like every workplace manager has a preference of who they would like however, HR and or directors or senior management (depending on company structure) will have a say as well. IMO this is the correct way to recruit, work places that don’t follow decent recruitment policies run the risk of employee ing poorly.
Having said that a coach/manager should clearly outline the type of player/employee they want and the recruitment manager should go out and find them.

I’d look at getting Anthony Griffen as an assistant coach - as a head coach he hasn’t been excellent but I think he’s a really good assistant

His player development is up there with the best in the game imo….. he’d be a good fit and is quite experienced
Teddy ,, love you mate but NO ON GRIFFIN .. guy kept picking Mbye .. MBYE !!! 😳😨😩

I think we need as much coaching help as we can get. Sheen’s hadn’t coached in the NRL for ten years and had done poorly overseas. Benji had never coached. Furner ✅.

Sheens will be gone soon enough, I suspect he won’t be coaching us next year. Benji, Furner and Holbrook/Morris would be good imo. I would have been happy with Morris instead of Sheens/Benji.

Josh Hannay also highly rated.
I'd like to think that there are plans to bolster Benjis coaching circle. I'm not opposed to Sheens here this year as long as he's gone next year. All Sheens is doing this year is shielding Benji from the media after we get thumped every second week. I think Sheens gets a kick out of being a grumpy bastard to the media.

Reactions: 851
That's true Gallagher only reason I'd consider it though is we can't attract star players and have no x factor atm.
Player managers also have other clients including talented juniors. The club has put effort and resources into the Pathways and the identification and retention of our best juniors. Adding another assistant is not an unreasonable concession to make to ensure we do not compromise the great initiative the club has with its Pathways/juniors etc. Adding someone of the quality of John Morris is a big win for WTs.

In our pathways do we have any dedicated training for positions such as halves for example or is it more team focused
As for extra assistant what about a halves coach like matty johns

If we pick up Waqa Blake I might actually cry. Not tears of joy btw. Terrible player. Basically Robert Jennings all over again. Would fast become the most hated player at the club.
Waqa Blake or say Brad Parker, let me think about it for a nano second. We already have a ton of Blake’s, players who will not tackle and turn up to play once every two months

Latest posts

Back