Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just watching the replay of the Jets x Warriors NSW Cup game - Ronald Volkman just did a goal line dropout that went 60m on the fly, huge kicking game for a small guy but cannons for legs.
Everyone Is harping about him yet there seems to be zero interest from our club.
Media knows more than us fans but we hearing zero about Ronald MacDonald

As far as I’m aware, the player needs approval from their current club before they can receive or sign a contract for more than a season ahead.
It’s supposedly against NRL rules if this is done without the permission of their current club,
Thanks again. I am sure that if Parra wanted to keep him seriously, then no way would they give him approval. Anyway something stinks. We all know the system is being rorted…problem is, that we are the worst at it! If I were CEO I would poach the Roosters, Storm accountant. Before Nov 1 I would offer him $1.5m for 5 years, then 10% increase per year there after!

I’d look at getting Anthony Griffen as an assistant coach - as a head coach he hasn’t been excellent but I think he’s a really good assistant

His player development is up there with the best in the game imo….. he’d be a good fit and is quite experienced

I’d look at getting Anthony Griffen as an assistant coach - as a head coach he hasn’t been excellent but I think he’s a really good assistant

His player development is up there with the best in the game imo….. he’d be a good fit and is quite experienced
Please don’t wish for Hook. He is as awful as SIDE-board.
I rather Hassler, Flanno, Morris, Holbrook, Brown before those two clowns. Two of worst coaches I have ever known along with Sticky.

just to echo what someone else has said
- morris has been identified as a potential assistant
- holbrook more likely to replace dean young in NQ
- dogs arent in the race for fainu’s, commited to burton at 6 and sexton at 7 for next year, saving all of their money for haas

- simpkin to parra could happen, early word was waqa blake potentially swapped

- laurie begged to go back to penrith, tigers offered a 1 year deal, panthers 1 year plus team option

- noffa is being heavily shopped, club has said no guarantee of first grade next year

- blore shopping is now off table
Waqa Blake, gawd help us! He is the same as Brent Naden, possibly worse defence. I don’t believe that would be from our end, maybe from Mark O’Neill.

surely you jest. bloke is a parasite.

just to echo what someone else has said
- morris has been identified as a potential assistant
- holbrook more likely to replace dean young in NQ
- dogs arent in the race for fainu’s, commited to burton at 6 and sexton at 7 for next year, saving all of their money for haas

- simpkin to parra could happen, early word was waqa blake potentially swapped

- laurie begged to go back to penrith, tigers offered a 1 year deal, panthers 1 year plus team option

- noffa is being heavily shopped, club has said no guarantee of first grade next year

- blore shopping is now off table
Does that put as favourites for the fainu’s?

I think we need as much coaching help as we can get. Sheen’s hadn’t coached in the NRL for ten years and had done poorly overseas. Benji had never coached. Furner ✅.

Sheens will be gone soon enough, I suspect he won’t be coaching us next year. Benji, Furner and Holbrook/Morris would be good imo. I would have been happy with Morris instead of Sheens/Benji.

Josh Hannay also highly rated.
I hope they have a swing at Adrian Lam as well

I get the feeling all this extra assistant business means Sheens is the one heading for the departure lounge. I certainly wouldn’t be doing it at the behest of two rookies, but I also get the impression that the board aren’t entirely sure on Benji and his so called vision.
I think it’s plausible we do add a Holbrook or similar I think Benji needs it and I think the club like the idea of someone there ready to take over if he fails.
Sheens imo is gone Pascoe should almost certainly get the bullet, but I’ll bet my bottom dollar he’ll be doing any necessary dirty work until then.
As much as we as fans hate the fact player managers run this game not the NRL if you’re blacklisted by three prominent agents you can forget ever having that winning feeling again. They also control all the kids coming through so you’re stuffed there too.

Back