Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Watching Broncos and Newcastle win today both teams had standout performances from their halfbacks Madden and Hastings which are two of our many discards
Question ? Is Sullivan demonstrably better than either of them . Pretty sure Madden wouldn't have cost $2.2 mill to keep !

Steve, I have noticed you get very fixed on "reported" figures. Always take a few hundred thousand off anything the Tele reports IMO.

I'm not sure about the Sullivan deal, but the Fainu boys are on about half what you believe and I imagine the 2.2m quote by Buzz about Jayden is inflated too.

Dragons would be throwing in for the first year for a start.

One year longer than I would have liked for Sullivan I dunno how correct the figures are I’d shave a bit off whatever Buzzard is quoting. But we wanted halves we now have halves I’d like to see us add some experience and depth now. Also attack any decent outside back that falls out of a tree.

like you,Ryan never heard of an inside pass either,Ryan also had a tendency to cut back in off his wing etc.watch some video of the last year n a half they played together
A winger starving a centre of the ball is on the podium for the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.
Not only did you double down on it, you through a cheap shot at me on the way, kudos to you

Steve, I have noticed you get very fixed on "reported" figures. Always take a few hundred thousand off anything the Tele reports IMO.

I'm not sure about the Sullivan deal, but the Fainu boys are on about half what you believe and I imagine the 2.2m quote by Buzz about Jayden is inflated too.

Dragons would be throwing in for the first year for a start.
The Fainu figures I've read in NRL signings tracker and other web places but don't read tele
Who knows where the real figures are maybe many copy from same wrong source .
The Sullivan figures are whats on this forum many many posts
I sincerely hope you are right .
Do you think a 4 year deal is not too long for unproven youngsters not the amount but the length of time ?

Happy with the signing and whilst 4 years is a risk, that will at least allow him and Latu to build a combination and could be a master stroke for our future.

Controlled kicking and repeat sets will do wonders for our pack and Fainu and Sullivan will put Ice and Blore into gaps. May start the year together with Api looking after them in the spine. Bula with an off-season in the fullback role will get better as he has all the attributes to be better than he already is for such a young age. Backing up around the ruck to be his next step

550k a season is pretty good for an NRL half. Brooks was on 600k when he was the same age.

4 years is a bit odd but Sullivan is a quality player and IMO the only thing stopping him from being good for us is his hamstring injuries.

As soon as he is our player I’d be getting him on a plane pre Xmas to the hamstring whisperer that Latrell saw over in the US or Canada wherever it was. Get it sorted out of the gates no mucking around.

The Fainu figures I've read in NRL signings tracker and other web places but don't read tele
Do you think a 4 year deal is not too long for unproven youngsters not the amount but the length of time ?
I think 4 years is great Steve , this bloke has plenty to offer , i think we will have an outstanding young backline apart from Nofo that is

550k a season is pretty good for an NRL half. Brooks was on 600k when he was the same age.

4 years is a bit odd but Sullivan is a quality player and IMO the only thing stopping him from being good for us is his hamstring injuries.

Lol.. everyone is findin the positive in us signing an unproven kid who nobody else wanted, with a bad reputation for 4 years on $550K.

The ONLY good thing about this is that we can throw more mud at lee and justin when we all realise next year that we signed another lemon for 4 years.

has Mmbye, Packer, Reynolds taught us nothing?

Good to see the TeleCrap state he has found a new home for 2023…. 2024 more like it

Attachments

• IMG_4503.jpeg
    IMG_4503.jpeg
    803.9 KB · Views: 31

I'm hoping the 4th year is club option. It's a risk but he has the talent. NRL halves are going to be very hard to come by in a couple of years with 5 or 6 current starters expected to retire, so having someone locked in with talent is a start.

Lol.. everyone is findin the positive in us signing an unproven kid who nobody else wanted, with a bad reputation for 4 years on $550K.

The ONLY good thing about this is that we can throw more mud at lee and justin when we all realise next year that we signed another lemon for 4 years.

Can only assume that either his manager is an A grade negotiator, where we are not, or we were comfortable with locking him down for the same timeframe as Fainu.
But doesn’t that cause some issues in pathways coz I thought we had a good half down there, think it’s Gavin ? What happens there ?

Take a lap tigermate, let the people rejoice!
solid signing. Doesn't cost a lot. 3yrs + C.O.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back