Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Managers get a percentage (usually 7%) per year of the deal. That percentage increases significantly for any endorsements. Some managers will pay there own talent scouts 3% out of the 7% per year of the contract. Not all managers do this though. In most cases managers will only charge the 7% when the contract value is over 50k per year.
I worked for one of the more well known managers for a while. 6% on footy salary 20% on endorsements/TPAs

Really, realllly don't want to lose Blore for Olam. Terrible idea.

Blore will become a beast with regular footy. Just because he's had a bad run of injuries, doesn't mean it's going to keep happening.

Not sure about the potential Luai signing... just don't think he's the type of player that would succeed here. His attitude stinks when things don't go his way, where at Penrith they usually do.
Let us not forget a former Tiger who was young and injury prone. 28 games in his first 3 seasons, barely playing due to a string of bad injuries. I forgot his name, but I heard he has nice set of teeth and likes yelling "Squid games" at Asian women while he is drunk. Think they called him Squidesco - something like that.

Blore has 33 in his three seasons of first grade. I know he is a good player. I would be terrified of him playing for Melbourne. Bloke might actually fulfil his potential. And he isn't a knobhead like the former Tiger from before. He's actually a good dude.

Let us not forget a former Tiger who was young and injury prone. 28 games in his first 3 seasons, barely playing due to a string of bad injuries. I forgot his name, but I heard he has nice set of teeth and likes yelling "Squid games" at Asian women while he is drunk. Think they called him Squidesco - something like that.

Blore has 33 in his three seasons of first grade. I know he is a good player. I would be terrified of him playing for Melbourne. Bloke might actually fulfil his potential. And he isn't a knobhead like the former Tiger from before. He's actually a good dude.
You can overlook injuries at that age when the kid is a prodigy

People think our club is run bad, but Dragon must be a very close 2nd..
They release Sullivan to us and now have a massive halves problem.
Just shows our club did a great job picking up 3 halves in a market with little available.
Time to get on board this train as we are heading upwards.
Last time I got on the bus I got burnt. I will get on board tentatively.

Blore for Olam.

Is it a good idea? I actually think it is. And I like Blore, and don't want to lose him.

BUT.

We are stacked with good middle players as well as second tier types as well. If there was no Fa'agutu or Lualili'i ready to step up, I'd be against it. If there was no Pole, Utoikamanu & Klemmer, I'd be against it. If Seyfarth & Twal hadn't re-signed, I'd be against it.

But...all those things are in place. That's not including young Miller & a number of even younger prospects coming through.

Olam IS older. But not OLD. I've seen people say he'll be our next BJ Leilua. But he won't. BJ had a history of questionable character issues. Olam is practically a saint. Unlike Suli, Olam's work ethic isn't questioned. He suffered one serious injury & couldn't reclaim his position permenantly over players like Reimus Smith & Meaney. They are not AJ Kepeoua. They are genuine 1st grade quality.

We have a young squad. We have a VERY young backline. Olam could provide leadership qualities for those around him. I see him more as a Pat Richards type signing than a Leilua. He lost his spot through injury, not ability.

I'll continue beating the Hymel Hunt drum too. Hunt outside Olam solidifies one side of our defence. To'a & Tupou on the other side offers more strike ability. We are weak on both edges. Surely it's better to be weak defensively on only 1 edge?

Blore for Olam.

Is it a good idea? I actually think it is. And I like Blore, and don't want to lose him.

BUT.

We are stacked with good middle players as well as second tier types as well. If there was no Fa'agutu or Lualili'i ready to step up, I'd be against it. If there was no Pole, Utoikamanu & Klemmer, I'd be against it. If Seyfarth & Twal hadn't re-signed, I'd be against it.

But...all those things are in place. That's not including young Miller & a number of even younger prospects coming through.

Olam IS older. But not OLD. I've seen people say he'll be our next BJ Leilua. But he won't. BJ had a history of questionable character issues. Olam is practically a saint. Unlike Suli, Olam's work ethic isn't questioned. He suffered one serious injury & couldn't reclaim his position permenantly over players like Reimus Smith & Meaney. They are not AJ Kepeoua. They are genuine 1st grade quality.

We have a young squad. We have a VERY young backline. Olam could provide leadership qualities for those around him. I see him more as a Pat Richards type signing than a Leilua. He lost his spot through injury, not ability.

I'll continue beating the Hymel Hunt drum too. Hunt outside Olam solidifies one side of our defence. To'a & Tupou on the other side offers more strike ability. We are weak on both edges. Surely it's better to be weak defensively on only 1 edge?
We need to offload some deadwood somehow like we did last year with Lids, Muza, etc. then we can keep the good ones like Blore. Also then not have to take a crap deal from Bellend.

Blore for Olam.

BUT.

Yea that’s not exactly right about Olam… He was dropped for bad form (awful defensive reads) in round 21 and couldn’t earn his spot back from Seve and Tonamaipea who are pretty much reserve graders lol only came back after a concussion to Tonamaipea

I hope so, getting rid of Musgrove was as good as a signing. It was a lengthy contract too from memory. Imagine getting rid of flippers right now and being able to just sign Olam without any haggling from the storm.
Not going to get let go anyone of AJ’s lack of ability and expect another club will take him. Stuck with him till his contract is up.

Blore for Olam.

BUT.

Don’t agree, Olam is on the massive slide and frankly played in a great system at the drizzle!
We don’t have a great system so I would rather keep BLORE. He’s on the up and Bellamy knows it. Yes we have a heap of forwards coming through, but they are mostly one dimensional, no-necked tree trunked barrels. BLORE has offloading ability can give a flick pass to the winger on an overlap. Basically X factor. Don’t do it tigers, look if it was for best or another top
Line centre then my answer would be yes but Olam its a big fat No!

Not going to get let go anyone of AJ’s lack of ability and expect another club will take him. Stuck with him till his contract is up.
I thought the same with Muzgrove but miracles can happen and I have faith, hallelujah!!!

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Staff online

Back