Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I'm all in on Bula at 1, but if medical reports on Paps ankle are positive, he would be huge for us. Imagine Bula and Staines on the right, Toa and Tupou on the left, with Paps' speed and ball playing chiming into the backline? We could tear teams apart if our halves get it right.
Agreed, wally lewis at 5/8 langer half, lazzo prop, paul sirro can be the wide running back rower...
Paps is cooked. Sorry but after having to go to the states last year for last chance saloon and then this no one will touch him. Rebuild his career at the storm or thats it.

Agreed, wally lewis at 5/8 langer half, lazzo prop, paul sirro can be the wide running back rower...
Paps is cooked. Sorry but after having to go to the states last year for last chance saloon and then this no one will touch him. Rebuild his career at the storm or thats it.
Sorry king sirro just to add toa and tupou don't excite me either tbh. I know toa has had 4 good weeks out of 2 years and tupou had a good month to start the year but santa better deliver a 3 quarter line

Just saw the Warriors announced Villiami Vailea is leaving. He is young and very athletic. He’s a bit raw but I reckon he would be a great pick up (if only we had a couple of roster spots to pick up players like that)

Have been watching all the Blore Olam commenmts, I like Blore but he has only played 30 games in 3 years & I feel Olam will help us more. Yes I know Blore goes to Melbourne & kills it but I think it is a risk we have to take,e. P.s just my opinion.

Sorry king sirro just to add toa and tupou don't excite me either tbh. I know toa has had 4 good weeks out of 2 years and tupou had a good month to start the year but santa better deliver a 3 quarter line

I get that point of view.
My opinion on Toa is a mix of admiration for what he can do, and despair for what he doesn't do. So I understand your concern.

Tupou is somewhat similar, but being a super quiet young kid, I believe he has the athletic ability and size worth sticking with. There are not many big block busting wingers like him out there, so we have to work with him

Whats all this nonsense of moving Bula from fullback to accommodate Paps, i think there's been a few too many beers being had last night.
I don’t see a problem with moving bula to centre if u got a fit papa , lots of good fullbacks had there early days as a winger or centre, if it strengthen the team why not ???

Have been watching all the Blore Olam commenmts, I like Blore but he has only played 30 games in 3 years & I feel Olam will help us more. Yes I know Blore goes to Melbourne & kills it but I think it is a risk we have to take,e. P.s just my opinion.
Yeah,,, Nah!!!

We are NOT the Melbourne Storm!
We don't appear in finals games. We don't have an ability to train players up hard.

We do not have Harry Grant, Ryan Pap's, Cam Munster and Jehrome Hugues needing contracts (probably can get 1 mil if they looked around). We don't have 4 players ready to go at Center.

Our reserve grade, does not have a ready stream of players ready for first grade. I mean they do okay, Tristan Reilly, Feledy, etc are there. Neither of them are a hard hitter when they showed up at the last game last season and it's clear both would struggle with NRL level of physical contact. Not saying they are not good players, they are. I am saying that they are not ready.

We need a center who can boost our grit.
Feledy is no where near NRL level yet, from what we seen in Reilly’s three games, he did not look outta place, and done good things.

Will be good to see how he goes after a full pre season and not chopped and change from the centre position.

Olam has peaked and is on the end part of his career, if the Melbourne storm are willing to let him go to another club, it’s saying something.

Ive said similar before.
Id be amazed if Feledy plays regular FG at any club
He’s part of that group that gets big wraps from lower grade watchers but due to lack of game time in NRL, or due to lack of ability, not sure if he’s any good or not.
The most glaring one is Matamua who had people saying he was the next big star but haven’t seen anything to show that is the case.

For the coming season can I request our lower grade “ good judges” be certain that a player has got “ IT” before he gets those huge wraps.

Blore, Matamua and Stefano were seen as “can’t miss” prospects. Their stories haven’t been completely written yet but as a club we have been horrible at developing players for a long, long time now. Combining our focus on being a development club with an extremely inexperienced coaching staff concerns me greatly.

He’s part of that group that gets big wraps from lower grade watchers but due to lack of game time in NRL, or due to lack of ability, not sure if he’s any good or not.
The most glaring one is Matamua who had people saying he was the next big star but haven’t seen anything to show that is the case.

For the coming season can I request our lower grade “ good judges” be certain that a player has got “ IT” before he gets those huge wraps.
I think Matamua will come good.
He has gone through most of his juniors playing 6 and was elevated quickly last year finishing SG ball before first grade towards the end of the year. If anything he got promoted ahead of his time. Been playing Cup in the forwards and needs to spend more time playing there for his body to adapt.

Back