Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@bradexl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506067) said:
Mitchell Pearce on NBN news just now endorsing the club to lure Luke Brooks to the knights asap.

Pearce just confirmed how dumb he is…Newcastle can’t lure Brooks till Nov 2022…only way they can get him earlier is if WT allow Brooks to talk to other clubs….

We had heaps of games with Singleton like that, I also hated playing Cessnock High in school footy. Only sides I out and out hated in 25 years of Rugby League.

I've heard that about Cessnock many times. My boys don't like playing Denman, they play pretty rough across the board. Scone plays dirty though. And i went to school with half of their coaches.

@tigerap said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506172) said:
Mitchell Pearce on NBN news just now endorsing the club to lure Luke Brooks to the knights asap.

Pearce just confirmed how dumb he is…Newcastle can’t lure Brooks till Nov 2022…only way they can get him earlier is if WT allow Brooks to talk to other clubs….

Unless Brooks already has a release

I am interested in endlessly debating who is better; Liddle or Simpkin. Does anyone know where I could go to have such a debate?

@hbom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506179) said:
I am interested in endlessly debating who is better; Liddle or Simpkin. Does anyone know where I could go to have such a debate?

Well I wouldn’t think in this thread…🙄

Be in the salary cap thread at a guess

I'd love to help you, but I think everyone agrees they're both equally great.

@jd-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505870) said:
To @cochise, @jirskyr, @tigerballs, @Strongee and plenty of others - I ask you to please move it to another thread.
>Or do we want to just do away with topics and have it all as a free-for-all?

Whilst I support your position in general, to ask that people "stay on topic" in this thread, of all the threads on the website, is in interesting one. This must be the most meandering, ill-defined, arbitrary and baseless collection of jumbled musings on the whole forum.

On a technicality, discussions about salary caps and TPAs do have a direct, single-degree of relationship to signings news. They are the mechanism by which signings occur. However this is not the "signing news" thread, this is the suggestions and speculation thread, and some folks are discussing new suggestions about how signings can be better policed in the competition. I would put it to you that ongoing discussions about Liddle and Simpkin similarly have nothing specifically to do with whether Josh Hodgson has signed with the Tigers, but rather are a line of discussion about the potential impacts of the rumour or suggestion.

And respectfully, anyone who reads 10 pages of this thread and gets their hopes up must not have been around long enough to know better.

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506150) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506146) said:
@geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506130) said:

Perhaps Mitchell should talk to their CEO..

'Knights CEO Phil Gardner dispelled those rumours, claiming they were unable to speak to Brooks due to him being contracted until the end of 2023.'

It was a Danny Weidler special, asked him specifically about Brooks.

Such a weasel

That's offensive to weasles and other mustelids.

@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506165) said:
@patwalker said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506159) said:
Ew a Greyhound. Good luck to him!

Downvote!!!!! LOL

Singleton were my most hated opposition.

My two boys are greyhounds. I would have been a thoroughbred but now they are the scumbags of the area!

The guys that played for Singleton in my age group were dirty players and their parents were trash, so my dislike comes from there. I remember one game when we were about 12 or 13, they were going the squirrel all game, we ended up punching on and they walked from the game with their parents abusing us. Worst game I have ever been involved in.

So I take it you don't enjoy being squirreled.

@tigerap said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506172) said:

To be fair Weidler asked him about Brooks out of the Blue and Pearce just answered his question. Weidler pushing the agenda not Pearce

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506195) said:
To @cochise, @jirskyr, @tigerballs, @Strongee and plenty of others - I ask you to please move it to another thread.

Whilst I support your position in general, to ask that people "stay on topic" in this thread, of all the threads on the website, is in interesting one. This must be the most meandering, ill-defined, arbitrary and baseless collection of jumbled musings on the whole forum.

On a technicality, discussions about salary caps and TPAs do have a direct, single-degree of relationship to signings news. They are the mechanism by which signings occur. This is not the "signing news" thread, this is the suggestions and speculation thread, and some folks are discussing new suggestions about how signings can be better policed in the competition. I would put it to you that ongoing discussions about Liddle and Simpkin similarly have nothing specifically to do with whether Josh Hodgson has signed with the Tigers, but rather are a line of discussion about the potential impacts of the rumour or suggestion.

And respectfully, anyone who reads 10 pages of this thread and gets their hopes up must not have been around long enough to know better.

I do agree that the Liddle/Simpkins talk should also have been located elsewhere, but I choose to try and focus on the one I thought might be more easily relocated.

And yes, one could argue that the TPAs is related to signings, suggestions and rumours. Just about everything is related when you boil down to it.
But that's not meant to be the focus of that/this thread, and I think you've been around long enough to know that.

And it is the off season as well, so more leniency should be given. All fair enough.

Your final comment is a cheap shot. You say 'respectfully' and then put a barb in about not knowing better for good measure. I don't see the respect in doing that. That sort of thing is why I don't comment much, I'm not interested in a slinging match. Throwing put-downs around. No thank you.

I come here hoping for good news about the WT, as unoptimistic as I might be, always hoping against hope.

@jd-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506201) said:
@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506195) said:

On a technicality, discussions about salary caps and TPAs do have a direct, single-degree of relationship to signings news. They are the mechanism by which signings occur. This is not the "signing news" thread, this is the suggestions and speculation thread, and some folks are discussing new suggestions about how signings can be better policed in the competition. I would put it to you that ongoing discussions about Liddle and Simpkin similarly have nothing specifically to do with whether Josh Hodgson has signed with the Tigers, but rather are a line of discussion about the potential impacts of the rumour or suggestion.

I do agree that the Liddle/Simpkins talk should also have been located elsewhere, but I choose to try and focus on the one I thought might be more easily relocated.

And yes, one could argue that the TPAs is related to signings, suggestions and rumours. Just about everything is related when you boil down to it.
But that's not meant to be the focus of that/this thread, and I think you've been around long enough to know that.

And it is the off season as well, so more leniency should be given. All fair enough.

Your final comment is a cheap shot. You say 'respectfully' and then put a barb in about not knowing better for good measure. I don't see the respect in doing that. That sort of thing is why I don't comment much, I'm not interested in a slinging match. Throwing put-downs around. No thank you.

I come here hoping for good news about the WT, as unoptimistic as I might be, always hoping against hope.

I apologise if I offend, not intentional.

But also I stand by what I said - this thread is notorious for throwing up pages and pages of gobbledygook and page counts invariably have no relation to actual news. So to see "10 pages" of content and hope for news is one thing, and it's a thing I share myself, but to see 10 pages of content and *expect* news... something else entirely.

It's not a barb specifically aimed at you, it's the reality that this thread is about 110K posts in 4 years (almost 28K posts per year) and an overwhelmingly large amount of it is fluff. There have been, what, maybe 40 signings by Tigers in the past 4 seasons? That's approx one signing announced every 2750 posts.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506199) said:

Downvote!!!!! LOL

My two boys are greyhounds. I would have been a thoroughbred but now they are the scumbags of the area!

The guys that played for Singleton in my age group were dirty players and their parents were trash, so my dislike comes from there. I remember one game when we were about 12 or 13, they were going the squirrel all game, we ended up punching on and they walked from the game with their parents abusing us. Worst game I have ever been involved in.

"I remember one game, when we were about 12 or 13, they were going the squirrel all game, so we met up in the sheds after FT and all got on really well with one another."

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506210) said:

Downvote!!!!! LOL

"I remember one game, when we were about 12 or 13, they were going the squirrel all game, so we met up in the sheds after FT and all got on really well with one another."

I think that says more about you then anyone else mate. lol

@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506213) said:

Downvote!!!!! LOL

It says a lot about squirrels.

Speaking of which, did you know Germans commonly struggle to say "squirrel"?

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506218) said:
@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506213) said:

Downvote!!!!! LOL

It says a lot about squirrels.

Speaking of which, did you know Germans commonly struggle to say "squirrel"?

H o g a n!!!!

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506154) said:
Man Michael Roberts James Roberts brother looks like a mini inglis. Would be interested to know which nrl club he is with.

He's with Titans u18s for 2022 but then uncontracted after that

Back