Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506135) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506131) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506120) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506116) said:
@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506108) said:
@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506106) said:
@batboy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506097) said:
I'm very worried we days away from finding out we're starting the season without a Halfback.

We played without a halfback all season

We've got Hastings who is a 7. Unproven sure but he's a halfback

You think this year was bad...
If that's you're remedy - I got news for you...

It's going to get worse.

He hasn't even played a game for us yet, pretty ridiculous to write him off

I would much rather take a chance with Hastings than have another year of the same old Brooks. At least there's a chance he can exceed expectations

But if he’s the player some have made him out to be, it makes you wonder why better teams weren’t sniffing around him.

Personally haven't seen many saying he's going to be brilliant on the field for us. Can understand why clubs not wanting to grab him as he did have a reputation and hasn't played NRL in a while, guess we will see how he goes in his return. Fingers crossed he does good

Lead a poll of who should be captain, someone claimed he’d be halfback of the year. There’s been shortage in ott expectations.

Why do you love having this conversation so much? I've explained it to you about 500 times now

People thinking he's captain material doesn't mean they think he's gonna be our best player, it means they think he's got good leadership qualities. I'm sure SOME people have said he's gonna smash it on the field for us, some people also said Brooks is better then Cleary, always gonna be a few hot takes p

I'm very worried we days away from finding out we're starting the season without a Halfback.

It's going to get worse.

I would much rather take a chance with Hastings than have another year of the same old Brooks. At least there's a chance he can exceed expectations

But if he’s the player some have made him out to be, it makes you wonder why better teams weren’t sniffing around him.

2 reasons why the first would have been because of what happened last time he was in the NRL and this is probably the main factor because all the top teams already have their halves sorted Storm have Munster and Hughes, Panthers have Luai and Cleary, Souths had Walker and Reynolds because they thought he would stay, Roosters had Keary and Lam originally but now Sam has taken Lam’s spot so its now Keary and Walker that’s why the top teams didn’t go for him because they didn’t need him the clubs that were interested were Tigers, Broncos, Bulldogs from what I heard were originally interested and Sharks were split because we didn’t have solid halves as well as the others that were interested if the top teams were struggling in the halves at least 1 or 2 of them would have been interested

@geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506130) said:
@bradexl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506067) said:
Mitchell Pearce on NBN news just now endorsing the club to lure Luke Brooks to the knights asap.

Perhaps Mitchell should talk to their CEO..

'Knights CEO Phil Gardner dispelled those rumours, claiming they were unable to speak to Brooks due to him being contracted until the end of 2023.'

It was a Danny Weidler special, asked him specifically about Brooks.

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506146) said:
Mitchell Pearce on NBN news just now endorsing the club to lure Luke Brooks to the knights asap.

'Knights CEO Phil Gardner dispelled those rumours, claiming they were unable to speak to Brooks due to him being contracted until the end of 2023.'

Such a weasel

It's going to get worse.

Because guys like a 36yr old Karmichael Hunt (Who hadn't played NRL in 15 years or something) was still available...

It's going to get worse.

I'm not writing off the new halfback at all....
Not even commenting on him.

I just find the opinion of Brooks on here beyond comical....

Man Michael Roberts James Roberts brother looks like a mini inglis. Would be interested to know which nrl club he is with.

Ew a Greyhound. Good luck to him!

Downvote!!!!! LOL

Singleton were my most hated opposition.

My two boys are greyhounds. I would have been a thoroughbred but now they are the scumbags of the area!

@patwalker said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506159) said:

Downvote!!!!! LOL

My two boys are greyhounds. I would have been a thoroughbred but now they are the scumbags of the area!

The guys that played for Singleton in my age group were dirty players and their parents were trash, so my dislike comes from there. I remember one game when we were about 12 or 13, they were going the squirrel all game, we ended up punching on and they walked from the game with their parents abusing us. Worst game I have ever been involved in.

@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506165) said:

Downvote!!!!! LOL

The guys that played for Singleton in my age group were dirty players and their parents were trash, so my dislike comes from there. I remember one game when we were about 12 or 13, they were going the squirrel all game, we ended up punching on and they walked from the game with their parents abusing us. Worst game I have ever been involved in.

Yeah, i can totally understand that. A few years ago we kept coming up against a little girl from Muswellbrook who was doing that. I asked the other coach to address it and she denied it. The father of the girl laughed at me so I loudly announced to my boys that if she did it again they were to punch her in the face. No more of it. I've never seen a need for that crap in the game. That's why i will never respect Bellamy no matter what he achieves in the game. Kids watch and they see more than we think.

@patwalker said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506170) said:
@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506165) said:

Downvote!!!!! LOL

Yeah, i can totally understand that. A few years ago we kept coming up against a little girl from Muswellbrook who was doing that. I asked the other coach to address it and she denied it. The father of the girl laughed at me so I loudly announced to my boys that if she did it again they were to punch her in the face. No more of it. I've never seen a need for that crap in the game. That's why i will never respect Bellamy no matter what he achieves in the game. Kids watch and they see more than we think.

We had heaps of games with Singleton like that, I also hated playing Cessnock High in school footy. Only sides I out and out hated in 25 years of Rugby League.

Pearce just confirmed how dumb he is…Newcastle can’t lure Brooks till Nov 2022…only way they can get him earlier is if WT allow Brooks to talk to other clubs….

We had heaps of games with Singleton like that, I also hated playing Cessnock High in school footy. Only sides I out and out hated in 25 years of Rugby League.

I've heard that about Cessnock many times. My boys don't like playing Denman, they play pretty rough across the board. Scone plays dirty though. And i went to school with half of their coaches.

@tigerap said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506172) said:

Pearce just confirmed how dumb he is…Newcastle can’t lure Brooks till Nov 2022…only way they can get him earlier is if WT allow Brooks to talk to other clubs….

Unless Brooks already has a release

I am interested in endlessly debating who is better; Liddle or Simpkin. Does anyone know where I could go to have such a debate?

@hbom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506179) said:
I am interested in endlessly debating who is better; Liddle or Simpkin. Does anyone know where I could go to have such a debate?

Well I wouldn’t think in this thread…🙄

Be in the salary cap thread at a guess

I'd love to help you, but I think everyone agrees they're both equally great.

@jd-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1505870) said:
To @cochise, @jirskyr, @tigerballs, @Strongee and plenty of others - I ask you to please move it to another thread.
>Or do we want to just do away with topics and have it all as a free-for-all?

Whilst I support your position in general, to ask that people "stay on topic" in this thread, of all the threads on the website, is in interesting one. This must be the most meandering, ill-defined, arbitrary and baseless collection of jumbled musings on the whole forum.

On a technicality, discussions about salary caps and TPAs do have a direct, single-degree of relationship to signings news. They are the mechanism by which signings occur. However this is not the "signing news" thread, this is the suggestions and speculation thread, and some folks are discussing new suggestions about how signings can be better policed in the competition. I would put it to you that ongoing discussions about Liddle and Simpkin similarly have nothing specifically to do with whether Josh Hodgson has signed with the Tigers, but rather are a line of discussion about the potential impacts of the rumour or suggestion.

And respectfully, anyone who reads 10 pages of this thread and gets their hopes up must not have been around long enough to know better.

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506150) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506146) said:

Such a weasel

That's offensive to weasles and other mustelids.

Latest posts

Members online

Back