Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

On signings, one guy I would sound out would be Josh Jackson. On a short term deal would be a ideal worker that every pack needs and a good fill till the young kids a ready in a couple of years. I know he is at the back end of his career, but he would get a job done

My initial thoughts on the Angus C potential signing, was it was the old chestnut, talk to the Tigers to generate interest and hopefully get the Chooks to fill a brown paper bag or two. Anyway I am actually thinking this could have real legs.

Maybe now Greenberg has gone the Chooks actually have a cap like everyone else…Hard to believe but maybe the playing field is being made level
Would be ideal. Be a different forward pack next year either though our forward pack the last few rounds have been not only holding there own but even push back. Having API at hooker though will make a huge difference to our attack 😍

On signings, one guy I would sound out would be Josh Jackson. On a short term deal would be a ideal worker that every pack needs and a good fill till the young kids a ready in a couple of years. I know he is at the back end of his career, but he would get a job done
Na we have Twal for that role. He does it very well off the bench.

No more Bulldogs thanks.

I've considered this. I think for a 1 year + 1 mutual option, in the event we can't get a better edge to pair Papali'i, is good business. Particularly if the Bulldogs contribute a bit for '23.

I think it would be a decent enough gap filler until the likes of O'Kane, Kautoga, Matamua, Tumeth and Guyan are knocking on the door. Obviously this idea is null and void if we can pull off the Crichton coup.

My initial thoughts on the Angus C potential signing, was it was the old chestnut, talk to the Tigers to generate interest and hopefully get the Chooks to fill a brown paper bag or two. Anyway I am actually thinking this could have real legs.

Maybe now Greenberg has gone the Chooks actually have a cap like everyone else…Hard to believe but maybe the playing field is being made level
I think ur 1st thoughts are more likely than us getting him , we will end up like we did with Mitchell , with a big fat O

And Play him where?
Joe, Twal, Peachey, Seyfarth - And whoever else is coming through have Lock Sorted...
Jacksons no good for anything else

Does offering Crichton 700k a season fall into the same category as trying to get Dale Finucane for similar last year?

Does offering Crichton 700k a season fall into the same category as trying to get Dale Finucane for similar last year?
No. Finucane is 30 and has played 226 games in the middle of the park. Crichton is 26 and has played 126 games, mostly on the edge. One is a substantial risk of dropping off a cliff and the other has a few years of what should be his prime coming up.

Was thinking this the other day. At the right price, he would be a great addition especially if we add Crichton.

Was thinking this the other day. At the right price, he would be a great addition especially if we add Crichton.
No way. Dogs supporters would love us to take him. Always take the ones they don't want to lose.

Naden was simply just a necessity. No Centres.

Angus doesnt get much ball running off walker they tend to swing it to Momo and Tupou he would be loving getting early ball from Jacko or Brooks one of the best line runners in the game
Agree whole heartedly.

Crichton running those same lines Garner does but more consistently is going to get us into the backfield or over the try line more often.

Then it can also be used as a decoy and we are cooking with fire

I know it’s the hope that kills you but Crichton would be such a great signing for our reputation and our team

Latest posts

Staff online

Back