Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

From last year's side, Kade Hill going very well (again in JF). Mavoni went to the Dogs but hurt himself in a bike accident and haven't spotted him since. Stevanovic playing NSW Cup for Manly and sadly, things haven't worked out well for Dillon with the club. Aiden Perry playing several games for the Magpies. We lost the other good young winger, Hill (ACL) to Qld. Ogden and Jankovic learning their trade with Magpies this year - certainly they should develop.

They're the main ones from last year I believe? As much as I could find out.
Mavoni also recently got arrested as part of a gang doing b+e's. Regardless of court outcomes would think his career is over for the next couple of years at least

This always seems to be the general consensus of opinion in the media and among many fans when we win or play well, the other side was terrible, had an off day.

Admittedly in both cases mistakes were made by both sides, was this because we forced the opposition into errors or did they just take us too lightly, were they rushing and trying to score on every play thinking that they were going to put a cricket score on us?

It's all too easy to say that they played badly but it is pretty rare for anyone to admit that Wests Tigers were the better side on the day or that they played really well.

Forget about those 2 games, take a look at the game against the 'Riff in round 18. We get ridiculed for losing to a Penrith side that has 7 State of Origin players out.

Forget about the Paul Kent type of criticism and hate that pieces of shit like him dish up and look at the facts.

The game ends up 3 tries a piece and the difference is a goal kick losing by a mere 2 points (18-16 scoreline) which in traditional Wests Tigers style, we are leading and lose the lead with 5 or so minutes to go.

Their try scorers, Tago, Kikau and Fisher Harris, 3 of their star players that are still in the team that would get a run in just about any top 17, and there are still even more players playing in that game that get a run as first picks in most teams

The 7 players that are out are replaced by so called reserve graders many of which would probable get a run as first picks in our top 17.

Basically, what I am saying is that their reserve graders are way better than our reserve graders and in many cases better than our first graders.

We run out with a team for most of the year that is probably missing somewhere close to 7 of our so called top pick players but barely a mention ever in the media of our horrific injury toll or suspensions, yet if the top of the ladder teams have players out for whatever reason, the hand wringing and hysteria is never ending.

The reality is that the biggest scores we have had put on us this year have been in the 30's, not 50 type blow outs that we have tended to suffer in previous seasons, then there were some really close heart breakers that should have gone our way with either some smart game management or the fact that there were dud and possibly corrupt calls going against us.

I can be as critical as anyone on here of our team when they perform poorly, and there is nothing wrong with that because you need to be realistic, but I think they deserve a bit of credit when they put in a good performance.
That's always the excuse rolled out when a more fancied team gets beat. The losing team usually plays worse than the winning team no matter who they are, that's how the winning team wins!

Mavoni also recently got arrested as part of a gang doing b+e's. Regardless of court outcomes would think his career is over for the next couple of years at least
Wow - that’s a nuisance. I hope he’s ok and things work out whatever the outcome.

What you've said makes too much good sense, we are talking about Tigers admin after all.

And yet with all his bad judgements and poor team selections he is still the only coach in the club’s history to get us into the finals. Strange that must just be luck on his part
Three or 4 premierships? One lucky bloke is our Tim.

But if it's not signed or registered with the NRL then that's a different story.

The only place that I have heard that this has been announced is by Peter Peters, nothing official from Manly or Wests Tigers as far as I am aware.
My point was only that you should honour a contract if you sign it of your own free will. Registration (or not) with the NRL does not change the status of a legally binding contract.

You hope that HE is OK?

What about his victims?

God give me strength.
Firstly, you assume he’s guilty.

Secondly, even if he was, having met him, getting wiped for mistakes he may have or may not have made, by people is the easy way out. What would be wrong with any of his former coaches or teammates checking on him? A club that does that for their players and former players would get my vote.

Of course I hope he’s ok (& anybody else affected whether he is involved or not).

My point was only that you should honour a contract if you sign it of your own free will. Registration (or not) with the NRL does not change the status of a legally binding contract.
I agree, even a verbal agreement and a hand shake should be honored, unfortunately people have different standards these days.

Wouldn't take klemmer sure he is a good player but his attitude is shit and all the on and off-field problems aren't worth it maybe sheens can whip some respect into him if it did happen
He doesn't have a crap attitude, he's just an extremely passionate player. We don't have enough of these types of blokes at our club. He is a must sign in my opinion

Tell that to Manly about Aloi...didnt see them put up much resistance to him breaking his contract with us!
It works both ways
Sorry mate, disagree. Manly did ecourage Aloiai to break his contract and Parramatta did the same with Moses and Matterson but that just shows they're scum. We should play it hard with contracts, but legal. For example, we should not let Pappy backflip under any circumstances but let's not get down in the dirt with the scum.

Back