Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yep … and you can tell pretty much in first few minutes of the match when the forwards are on sleeping pills. And yesterday was that again in evidence.
I can count on one hand the number of times this year that our forwards dominate the ruck, effective tackle, speedy play the ball and gain meters.
So that needs to improve if we want go anywhere next year. Plus some enthusiasm and energy please.
We are short of a quality second rower and fullback.
you are an optimist! We desperately need (in the order of importance) :
1) three clones of J Papalii, J.W-H, Jr Paulo, Solomona or Fanua-Blake;
2) 2 clones of Murray, or Crichton
3) HB, 5/8

Onitoni Large is who they are talking about. The kid is a gun. He is the one of the best I have seen watching schoolboy football for nearly 50 years. His brother Ashton, who is a hooker, is also a gun. The Rorters were sniffing around Onitoni, but he signed with the Tigers.
That's a great story that we beat the Roosters to these brothers. Otherwise we would have read how "local juniors" make it at the Roosters which would have been excruciating to have to put up with.

Thinking out loud... Be kind.
With Api coming and Hastings presumingly staying at 13, whats people thoughts on a bigger body 'Jack Wighton'- type to complement Doueihi instead of the traditional smaller halfback.

Obviously Wighton is a no go, however, what about "being realistic" a Drew Hutchinson / Bryce Cartright type player, maybe even our own Talau could fit the bill.

Thoughts...

With Api coming and Hastings presumingly staying at 13, whats people thoughts on a bigger body 'Jack Wighton'- type to complement Doueihi instead of the traditional smaller halfback.

Obviously Wighton is a no go, however, what about "being realistic" a Drew Hutchinson / Bryce Cartright type player, maybe even our own Talau could fit the bill.

Thoughts...
From memory we once played Curtis Sironen at half back against Penirth - and won. So maybe

Thoughts...
I really like this idea let the middle organise everthing then let the stars score/set up the try

By the way whighton has an option for next year so he is potentially off contract

Pretty much as expected result yesterday. Tigers were switched off after a strong showing last week and the Knights were revved up after copping it in the news all week.
While the first half made for remote throwing veiwing, you have to be heartened by the fact that the competed until the end with such a huge injury list. The writing is on the wall that this season is over, but we are in 10x better position coming into 23 than we were to start this year.
I hope they blood a few more juniors and we guys like Doueihi, AJ, Laurie and Pole get some valuable miles under their belts, because wins are clearly not the focus for the remainder of the year...

Pretty much as expected result yesterday. Tigers were switched off after a strong showing last week and the Knights were revved up after copping it in the news all week.
While the first half made for remote throwing veiwing, you have to be heartened by the fact that the competed until the end with such a huge injury list. The writing is on the wall that this season is over, but we are in 10x better position coming into 23 than we were to start this year.
I hope they blood a few more juniors and we guys like Doueihi, AJ, Laurie and Pole get some valuable miles under their belts, because wins are clearly not the focus for the remainder of the year...
10 times better you say?
Can you quantify that somehow?
I think as it currently stands, we will remain cannon fodder next year.

10 times better you say?
Can you quantify that somehow?
I think as it currently stands, we will remain cannon fodder next year.
Was an exaggeration, but I feel there a fewer question marks around team selection generally, hooker and centre appear to be resolved. The prop rotation looks far better with the addition of Pole. We have some depth in the backs and the halves. 2nd row is still an issue but we have a bone fide star in IP.
There's still stuff to iron out but you can tell this season is ending with some positives on field. The results aren't coming but there's some direction and a sense of belief. We will be competitive next year I have no doubt

Why would you announce anything until people are signed? That's asking for trouble.

I'm happy to test Madden for the remainder of the season.

I'm happy with that too.

Sheens knows how to satisfy the media when he has to.

Look how many interviews he did post madge sacking.

With how poor the club will end the season he needs to a media run to paint a picture for next season

Back