Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Fantastic Point....

I remember when we had to beat the Raiders to get into the semis...
They spanked us from memory.....
I'll never forget the photos from the boys socials and they were on a End of Season Cruise out on the Harbour within a couple hours of the game...

I've never booked one, I can't imagine those harbour cruises are just waiting there like a Taxi?
Either way... Who books that in when a winnable game to get you into finals is right in front of you.....
The same person that booked the flights home for the NZ team in the World Cup.

It's the kicks at the line he can't do. Obviously a leg man
Yes he gets them wrong a lot. Again though Penrith have another class player at 6 who has a short kicking game also so it reduces the pressure on him. I know why people bag him for it but still think his poor kicking is often a result of pressure.

I actually think Brooks compliments the Knights better than Hastings especially with Ponga in the halves. Brooks personality is a follow orders style who would mould into the team which in their team dynamics & personalities forming could be important.

Hastings is a controlling half but not a creative one. 63 NRL games, 3 tries & 22 try assists just wouldn't work in the Sheens/Benji game play. That's why it was lock or nothing for him here.
I would say it's the exact opposite. Hastings is the cool head to the erratic Ponga. Brooks and Ponga would be two headless chooks running around, absolute chaos.
But yes Brooks would be submissive to team culture whereas Hastings would challenge team ethos

As I understand it .
Weve recruited no stars in last 12 months now we are going to let Hastings go and keep Brooks ? .Seems to me more of the same over and over .
We can do the odd player swap . We can sign some at back end of their career who can't get a contract extension where they are ! We can upgrade promising juniors who are still too young for Nrl and sign the odd one from Rugby
2023 expectations ? We do same thing over and over and expect a different result ? There's a word for that
You understand wrong.
We've already recruited 2 super stars and potentially a couple of top quality additions to come

Reactions: 851
During those years people were calling him the next Joey and we were winning half our games. He also won several awards.
Lol- people called him the next Joey in his first game.
Not since.
Nearly 10 years later and he still hasn’t got a football brain and has the dubious honour of being the longest standing player who hasn’t played semis … and he’s the halfback 🤣

Latest posts

Back