Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Don’t know if your ciraldo signing lines up in reality, as it was months after he signed with the inbreds.
But really do we want to sign this piece of crap??? Has he really matured???
It doesn’t appear so, he was the instigator in all that crap years ago, leading the big 4 away with his weird uncle!! Don’t believe for a second it was Sharon he’s just not smart enough.
So we have this piece of crap who says he won’t sign with us because of our CEO, even though his current coach said openly, that the piece of crap had to grow up a lot when he came to them, because basically he was of weak character!
Please
I watched channel 9 news that night, next day - Ciraldo comes out and says he signed with dogs.

I remember bc I thought wow… we can’t read a room.

All good tho guess he got played.

I like Mitch… think he’s in the top 6 halves. Not sure how he and brooks would go again tho. If they don’t fire they and the club would get hammered for bringing them back together.

I don't think you can register contracts in anticipation of clearing the decks - isn't that what got Bulldogs in trouble with Kikau in the first place?

So if you cannot afford Player X in 2024, I don't see how you can register his contract and then hope / promise the NRL you will shed players when the time comes.
The bulldogs aren’t registering the contracts. They are getting the players to sign the contracts and then clearing the decks and then registering them when they have roster spots and salary cap space. So a player might sign a contract 12 months before it’s registered with the NRL in the bulldogs case. Gus did this knowing the salary cap was going up I believe.

The bulldogs aren’t registering the contracts. They are getting the players to sign the contracts and then clearing the decks and then registering them when they have roster spots and salary cap space. So a player might sign a contract 12 months before it’s registered with the NRL in the bulldogs case. Gus did this knowing the salary cap was going up I believe.
Remember Cronulla in 2016? They were above the salary cap for the whole year apart from a couple weeks around the Grand final. It was the biggest con job in sports history. The never would have got Barba with the shady way they went about things

Pretty sure the Board is responsible for hiring coaches?

CEO provides a recommendation but the ultimate decision comes from the Board. The CEO delivers the strategies of the Board.

So if we are talking about going all the way to the top to lay blame, then it falls on the Board as much as anyone else at Tigers. Pascoe just happens to be their spokesperson.

Same as Abdo does what the ARLC tells him to do, and it's PVL pulling most of those strings.
Very true… however rarely does a board go against a CEOs recommendation because they back the CEO or why have him as CEO.

If you listen to Sheens he has said repeatedly I was asked to be coach by the Chairman and CEO.

The board signing off an a recommendation Is usually just a formality unfortunately.

But yes agree with you - the board is as much to blame for not rejecting his recommendations but as I said - rarely happens.

I think our board likes Justin bc he is a nice bloke and knocks a beer back with them and from my very subjective observations - I don’t think any of them including Lee have much rugby league IQ - which is why they rely on the coach so much and Justin’s recommendations….

And don’t forget the board meet what once a month - they don’t have that much of a clue about the footballing stuff behind the scenes - I think a lot of them are just grateful they get to be on the board of the tigers for status and collect a Cheque and go to the Chairman’s box for games.

Remember Cronulla in 2016? They were above the salary cap for the whole year apart from a couple weeks around the Grand final. It was the biggest con job in sports history. The never would have got Barba with the shady way they went about things
Yep. Over the salary cap in 2015 and 2017. But not 2016 apparently…… how convenient. A very embarrassing situation avoided for the NRL.

Thats how it works. Sign the players then worry about how your going to get the contract rubber stamped by round one in what ever season the contract kicks in

Reactions: 851
Hey @tigerap, you have commented recently saying that the $1.4m figure is off the mark, do you still believe that to be true? Here's hoping because it's simply too high.
Club had “budgeted” up to $1.4 to snag Munster….if he wanted to leave Melbourne….they are prepared to go hard for MM but it won’t be $1.4 as some of that budget is now being considered elsewhere…I.e Nathan Brown….it’s a constantly changing scenario

Mitch is not worth 1:4 and I would think he still has career aspirations that unless there is a complete 180 turn around quickly won't be achieved with us - in the near future at least. I think he has pretty much reached his ceiling footy smarts/skills wise but really question whether he has the capacity mentally to play again in a side that still hasnt figured out how to win and would be depending on him to lead the way. At that cost he would need to.

Mitch is not worth 1:4 and I would think he still has career aspirations that unless there is a complete 180 turn around quickly won't be achieved with us - in the near future at least. I think he has pretty much reached his ceiling footy smarts/skills wise but really question whether he has the capacity mentally to play again in a side that still hasnt figured out how to win and would be depending on him to lead the way. At that cost he would need to.

He outplayed Munster this season could argue taking over Munster.

Latest posts

Back