Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This is a general statement moving forward to new season which we all hope will be the start of a successful rebuild...we are all eager to see and read things that are positive for a change.
There has been a few complaints that this thread is full of rumours. 🤣🤣🤣
HOWEVER we always go off the track and talk about anything but Signing Suggestions & Rumours.
In fairness to those who want to catch up with all the gos, they shouldn't have to wade through pages of unrelated posts.
Traditionally, this thread is a dumping ground for the first thoughts that pop into member's minds.
We have individual players threads in the Contracts section so please use these.
If you have a comment to make on say, Junior Tupou #254, please put it in his dedicated thread and not in here.
If your post is not about a player "Signing suggestion & Rumours please post it in an applicable thread like "Now for Something Completely Different" or maybe the awesome thread that Browny started "Memories" or the humour, politics other sports topics.
It's understandable why members like chatting in here. It's because that's where most members hang out.
Or they want to hear of that new signing, but if you post something interesting in another thread then members will read it and follow....go you can do it! 😉
In general we all go off track and its unavoidable, I've done it.
Generally 3-4 posts wandering off is ok but at some stage we have to get back on topic.
We make no apologies for moving your posts to their applicable threads if required.
Go the Wests Tigers grrrr😻

Yep. Over the salary cap in 2015 and 2017. But not 2016 apparently…… how convenient. A very embarrassing situation avoided for the NRL.
Not only that but parts of 2016 they were over as well. They said ' they were under at the end of the year'. Who cares, they never would of got Barba in the first place and he was instrumental in getting them to the premiership.

That title should be taken off them.

• Love
Reactions: 851
I can't say I'm disappointed he has gone and he didn't want to play 13. We have options in that position.
I watched channel 9 news that night, next day - Ciraldo comes out and says he signed with dogs.

I remember bc I thought wow… we can’t read a room.

All good tho guess he got played.

I like Mitch… think he’s in the top 6 halves. Not sure how he and brooks would go again tho. If they don’t fire they and the club would get hammered for bringing them back together.
If they don’t try we’ll never know. Looks like the coaching team think it will work so let’s see.
There will probably be quite a few choices we’ll be arguing about during next season but all you can is respect Sheens and judge later.

This is a general statement moving forward to new season which we all hope will be the start of a successful rebuild...we are all eager to see and read things that are positive for a change.
There has been a few complaints that this thread is full of rumours. 🤣🤣🤣
HOWEVER we always go off the track and talk about anything but Signing Suggestions & Rumours.
In fairness to those who want to catch up with all the gos, they shouldn't have to wade through pages of unrelated posts.
Traditionally, this thread is a dumping ground for the first thoughts that pop into member's minds.
We have individual players threads in the Contracts section so please use these.
If you have a comment to make on say, Junior Tupou #254, please put it in his dedicated thread and not in here.
If your post is not about a player "Signing suggestion & Rumours please post it in an applicable thread like "Now for Something Completely Different" or maybe the awesome thread that Browny started "Memories" or the humour, politics other sports topics.
It's understandable why members like chatting in here. It's because that's where most members hang out.
Or they want to hear of that new signing, but if you post something interesting in another thread then members will read it and follow....go you can do it! 😉
In general we all go off track and its unavoidable, I've done it.
Generally 3-4 posts wandering off is ok but at some stage we have to get back on topic.
We make no apologies for moving your posts to their applicable threads if required.
Go the Wests Tigers grrrr😻
As a suggestion, is a "general" thread something we can create or get going.

You lose forum retention with stuff like this especially when probably half the members or visitors don't generally float to other threads (probs a stat someone like Kul could bring up?).

You start removing posts and topics from the local "watering hole" you might end up inadvertently killing the forum further. A general chat is always good as it allows people to interact and voice their opinions, and thats what forums are all about.

If they don’t try we’ll never know. Looks like the coaching team think it will work so let’s see.
There will probably be quite a few choices we’ll be arguing about during next season but all you can is respect Sheens and judge later.
Sheens and Marshall no doubt are across recruitment. Hastings would have wanted an increase in his contract. That money imo is far better spent chasing Moses.

As a suggestion, is a "general" thread something we can create or get going.

You lose forum retention with stuff like this especially when probably half the members or visitors don't generally float to other threads (probs a stat someone like Kul could bring up?).

You start removing posts and topics from the local "watering hole" you might end up inadvertently killing the forum further. A general chat is always good as it allows people to interact and voice their opinions, and thats what forums are all about.
It's a very good point Gaz. The fact is a high percentage of members just want to know the goz about signings and it always goes off track hence why its a thread in general discussion. Our point is why do we post in here things that have nothing to do with signing rumours. Hence why we started the now for something completely different thread.
We could rename this thread football banter....would that solve the problem....,maybe, but what about this thread where people only want footy signing gos?

Good to see Ken Mamaulo in the training pictures with no strapping on his knee.
Good to see considering he was busted this last season and still managed to be our top try scorer.

I know he looks very confused and clueless at times but I don't think that you could deny that when he gets the ball close to the line or with a decent kick to his corner that he is a weapon and he would have scored a lot more tries last season while still only on one leg given more decent opportunities.

Very confused and concerned about where all this talk about him getting moved on or medically retired comes from, I was beginning to believe that the surgery he had must have been unsuccessful.

Club had “budgeted” up to $1.4 to snag Munster….if he wanted to leave Melbourne….they are prepared to go hard for MM but it won’t be $1.4 as some of that budget is now being considered elsewhere…I.e Nathan Brown….it’s a constantly changing scenario
Moses I'd offer 1.1 mill.
Offer to take Brown off Parras hands 60% of his contract. Be around 1.4 mill all up. It's Nathan's last year at Eels so it won't effect us signing Moses and alleviating the Eels cap

In Fairness to Brooks , this team this year coming would be the best in years
he will have
klemmer = Tough go forward prop , it’s been years
Appi. , very. Very good hooker organiser , pressure off Brooks
Pappi , Hard line running back rower , class
Bateman ( If ) Hard running back rower , class
Steph , up and coming go forward
Blore , up and coming aggressive
Pole , up and coming Hard as nails
Stains , Speed
AD , big Running 5/8
Brooks will be given a simple plan and job to do , he will go well
Yeah let's hope he fixes some of issues in his game though. I'm not for or. Against but jeez the simple things are what is killing his career.

Moses I'd offer 1.1 mill.
Offer to take Brown off Parras hands 60% of his contract. Be around 1.4 mill all up. It's Nathan's last year at Eels so it won't effect us signing Moses and alleviating the Eels cap
How much is Moses on now?
Fox’s most senior NRL journo and ace scoop reckons he is on $850k and had Eels won the gf he would go to $950k?
I think talk of $1.4m is crazy.

It's a very good point Gaz. The fact is a high percentage of members just want to know the goz about signings and it always goes off track hence why its a thread in general discussion. Our point is why do we post in here things that have nothing to do with signing rumours. Hence why we started the now for something completely different thread.
We could rename this thread football banter....would that solve the problem....,maybe, but what about this thread where people only want footy signing gos?
'Team discussion and Rumours'

Yea thats fair, maybe thats why having an additional general chat would actually work though? You could actually redirect other traffic to one convenient location rather than into multiple, and regulate this one better as there is a clear one size fits all alternative.

Just my thoughts, I work in process optimisation and my brain doesnt shut off sometimes haha

Back