Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just posted on other forum.
CloudyGlock
(@CloudyGlock)
Trusted Member

January 11, 2023 8:28 pm
I heard you all missed me, so Im back!!!
I have not been idle however in my long absence and I can now announce exclusively here for the good people of the Wests Tigers Podcast that as the world waits on a decision from Mitchell Moses the Tigers are not dragging their feet and have made a very aggressive and ambitious move on Ethan Sanders, the Parramatta halfback in Jersey Flegg & SG Ball 2022. Stay tuned and watch this space!!!
If we miss him is the Colonel available?

I agree, this discussion should be on another thread twenty forty and, actually, of course, I don't have any hard evidence. I'm a mere fan with no connections with players or clubs whatsoever. However, like many others, I strongly suspect that the cap is being rorted. It is simply not possible for a particular club to maintain such a stacked roster without doing so. I would write to Andrew Abdo if I thought it would a difference. Also, I don't know what you mean by the different boots comment, sorry.
Stevied, looks like you may have started something hahaha.
Kenty now thinks there’s a story in it?

It all seem;s a bit strange that our 7 , 6 ,1 all off contract,there is no panic from us to re sign them and not one bit of interest for any of them from other clubs, sure there has been a few tid bits earlier on.Something Buzz could run with,with out leaving the cellar

It all seem;s a bit strange that our 7 , 6 ,1 all off contract,there is no panic from us to re sign them and not one bit of interest for any of them from other clubs, sure there has been a few tid bits earlier on.Something Buzz could run with,with out leaving the cellar
I think it's because shifty Sheens knows how not to be pushed around.
I imagine when he's talking to managers and players he says the right things. Imagine if Tragic is reading this now merlot, he's probably throwing darts at my picture 🤣

where are they going to go? Just about every club have their spine locked up for the next couple years. Maybe Moylan, Johnson and/or Keary finally succumb to injury but currently they each have a contract for '24. Dogs halfback is the only other vacant spine position.

where are they going to go? Just about every club have their spine locked up for the next couple years. Maybe Moylan, Johnson and/or Keary finally succumb to injury but currently they each have a contract for '24. Dogs halfback is the only other vacant spine position.
We also just came stone motherless and won 4/24 games. The jury is out on all of them.

Totally get your point,but there is no agitation from the media etc,stirring the pot

Some people, yes.

Clearly there was a plan to cull the forward pack as they were not performing.
Yet I wonder if James Tamou could have been offered a cheaper contract to play on. I could see him working very well with Klemmer, Bateman and I Paps.

Meh. What do I know, we would have paid overs for him and he needed a change. We did massively well in recruitment, not exactly a wishlist but close too.
No, I reckon an actual Easter island head would have been more useful.

We also just came stone motherless and won 4/24 games. The jury is out on all of them.
yep. Our options are. Recruit someone else now and risk looking a fool if the current options then fire behind a better pack. Re-sign a couple of them now whilst their value is at their lowest and risk being stuck with under-performing players if the team improves yet they do not. Wait a few months and see if they perform. If so offer a new contract, if not go to market. We will have to pay more this way as either their improved performance will get other parties interested, or the would be recruit now knows that we need them more than they need us. But this would be the safest course given there is currently few options elsewhere.

Looks like Lee is trying to make the situation worse over there… maybe to make a play for cobbo?
I don’t mind Lee sticking it to the donkeys, especially to get Cobbo, but did I just read Lee said this “You don't air your dirty laundry in public.”?
“Lawnmower Man” ring a bell Lee?

We will know in 2023.

James Tamou either will be a cowbow Benchwarmer or a key part of their side.
I guess it doesn't matter, but I would like to know if it was him or our environment.
Yes, I’m also interested to see the outcome of him and others like Garner etc. Even so, it may not be an accurate DNA test for eagle or turkey. Addo-Carr had a drop in form when he joined a spoon team.

We will know in 2023.

James Tamou either will be a cowbow Benchwarmer or a key part of their side.
I guess it doesn't matter, but I would like to know if it was him or our environment.
Agree I would like to know if it was our environment too, but wasn’t he employed and given the big C to change that. I reckon he’ll distance himself from our environment as soon as given the chance. He was always very diplomatic when he spoke though.

Back