Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I am not Sheens or Marshall so my opinion is just that opinion.
I'd we get Moses it is clear he is coming to play with Brooks in the halves
Where does that leave AD centre lock or fullback. Who knows under Sheens coaching he may go well at fullback

Reactions: 851
For a little perspective -

(and I understand these figures are are for '23 (speculated by NRL), but there's no confirmation on the '24 cap as of yet...)

- $1.4 million/season represents 11.6% of a 12.1 million dollar salary cap (2023)

- With the 2022 cap last year at 9.6 million, an equivalent salary of 11.6% of the cap would've been 1.11 million/season

As much as this number sounds inflated, it's in many ways relative to the cap which is rising all the time. If that figure is locked over the contract, the value will only be better the longer the contract.

I am not Sheens or Marshall so my opinion is just that opinion.
I'd we get Moses it is clear he is coming to play with Brooks in the halves
Where does that leave AD centre lock or fullback. Who knows under Sheens coaching he may go well at fullback

Let's wait and see. If AD kills it at 6 it'll be hard to move him on. Moses doesn't pick the team.

I can confirm Moses will stay with the Eels.

He has been stringing the Tigers along to eek a few more dollars out of the Eels.

I've always thought he definitely isn't coming and I'm cool with that but he now looks a certainty to be here.

I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Doueihi wants just shy of a million apparently, I'd rather fork out the extra half a mil and bring Moses back if they're the choices.
Let be realistic. Cleary isn’t going anywhere and Moses is probably the next best option.

I’m not a huge Moses fan but if we miss out on him we are looking at at least 3-4 years before we have anyone better. There simply aren’t any better options on the horizon.

I suppose beggars can't be choosers. Doueihi wants just shy of a million apparently, I'd rather fork out the extra half a mil and bring Moses back if they're the choices.
Me too. Not sure what Moses is really worth but I’m more confident that AD is worth about $400k shy of $900k if he’s really asking for that much.

Bula’s not even a Development Player at the moment, just on a Jersey Flegg/NRL train-and-trial contract.

But he could be upgraded to the 30 if Seyfarth’s spot is freed up.
It's amazing Sheens sees something in a youngster whose emergence will assist with our lack of pace in the backline. Do you see him first as a winger when he debuts?

I agree with you Tom and with intelligent fans like you, why wouldn’t he stay at Parra.
Are you going to be wearing the latest, “special” beanie at Eels games this year?
Is that the one with 86 embroidery on the side?

• Haha
Reactions: 851
true both AD and Brooks unsigned so if they both play well to start 2023 who knows where they play in 2024.
Surely at some point Dolphins get desperate to make a Signing for 2024

Members online

Back