Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So in other words you just say what you hope happens...again?
The Brooks' article yesterday on his thread had confirmation from Marshall he wants Brooks at WTs. After a discussion(s) with Marshall, Brooks wants to stay. Doueihi in his comments in that article left his options open.

Reactions: 851
Again, your Brooks hatred compromises your thinking. I would put Brooks in the same category'. Brooks was chased by Newcastle, a bottom club, Ad shopped himself around, and is still doing so. no takers. The Tigers want Brooks to stay, and have said so, They have not commited to AD.
At the moment both players would not rate an offer from the top 8 sides. It is that simple.
How the perform this year with a better side, will determine their value. I would be surprised if AD does not sign elswhere for 2024.
And your Brooks love and AD hatred compromises yours. You're a broken record with your Anti AD dribble

Reactions: 851
Again, your Brooks hatred compromises your thinking. I would put Brooks in the same category'. Brooks was chased by Newcastle, a bottom club, Ad shopped himself around, and is still doing so. no takers. The Tigers want Brooks to stay, and have said so, They have not commited to AD.
At the moment both players would not rate an offer from the top 8 sides. It is that simple.
How the perform this year with a better side, will determine their value. I would be surprised if AD does not sign elswhere for 2024.

Our halves have been ordinary. Brooks to me was clearly and it wasn't close better than Doueihi last season. Brooks wasn't good. He was poor.

No club wants them on the salaries they are on or they are after.

That may change based on performances this year.

On a change of topic how funny is it Josh Reynolds getting a contract at the Dogs. Good luck to him because I think he is a good guy but he wasn't cutting in the Super League. The Dogs have though been getting a lot of good signings.

I’m afraid the news on Thursday won’t put a smile on WT supporters dial… my info as of tonight is he will officially tell Sheens he is staying at Parra…
If true we should go hard for Sanders - he will have MM in front of him for 4 years and Brown will be there until he needs a walking frame to get around. If the kid is as good as everyone says he will not want to hang around for 4 years for a few first grade appearances.

I’m afraid the news on Thursday won’t put a smile on WT supporters dial… my info as of tonight is he will officially tell Sheens he is staying at Parra…
That’s ok. I honestly think everyone here is more relieved than anything. We know and speculated he would re-sign. Always been a fan of Moses since Holy across days . I still think Moses and Brooks would’ve been great together.

Wish him the best because his family are lovely people.

Thanks @tigerap for the info.

Honestly I think common sense dictates the complete opposite opinion. If you are right Sheens should be sacked now. I just can't see any decent football manager thinking the way you are stating.

Your opinions on Brooks are fine. I don't want to debate that issue again.

I just cannot believe Sheens, Benji etc are that incompetent.

I can't see myself getting played like that and I'm incompetent. I'd think you'd have to be one of the dumbest people in existence to really purchase Bateman or keep Brooks because that means we get Moses.
Sheens was played by Ciraldo only last year.

He’s coming all the way to tell Sheens that he will reject the offer? If that common in rugby league contract negotiations?
Doubt it.

A rejection can be handled pretty professionally via a zoom meeting or phone call.

I've never personally met with recruitment agents or companies to reject an employment offer.

If he's not coming and the info on that meeting was legitimate, he will probably cancel.

Why is this an issue ? Would it be better not to go for the player ? They've already signed Api, Klemmer, Bateman and IP. Should we not have gone for them ? Did we read those incorrectly ?

When you miss out on a house at an auction have you been played ?

I don't see the issue.

The vast majority of RL people did not think Moses was coming to the Tigers, yet despite this, our supporters have consistently been fed the line that the club are very confident he is coming.
Should it turn out he does not sign on, it will be another egg on face situation.

i’ve expected moses to stay at parra this entire time, but i’m not entirely sure about the whole meeting situation.

i doubt he would travel across town on thursday just to say thanks but no thanks when all he has to do is pick up the phone. again i still think he re-signs with parra but the meeting does make me think he could still put pen to paper with us.
Is there really a meeting?
Has the club confirmed this or was it the “insider”?

Latest posts

Back