Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Reading between the lines, there is mail that Moses will re-sign with Parra but also meet with WT on Thursday.

Can't see an in-person meeting happening for a simple rejection and goodbye.

I suspect Moses and co will come to the meeting to say they will sign with Parra unless their latest demand is met. Maybe the potential for a 5th year the Pom alluded to.

By who ? No offense but @pawsandclaws1 and @Jedi_Tiger stating this doesn't make it true. I cannot see a professional sporting organization thinking like this.

I'm pretty confident that Hastings for whatever reason wasn't rated by the incoming coaching staff or better put Brooks has been rated a bit higher. That doesn't mean they've made the right decision but we get to find out over next season and maybe beyond that.
Think it might be more complicated Earl.
If the knights were willing to pay Brooks full contract would he still be a Tiger. We will never know the truth. Personally I believe we couldn't reach an agreement on how much of Brooks contract the Knights would cover so we released Hastings instead because he was just easier to move on.

It's not over until it's over.

Seems strange to me if Moses has already told his team mates last weekend he was staying at Parra that he would need to have a meeting with WT 4 or 5 days later only to tell them the same thing. Someone who would know much more than me may be able to answer this - How often do players and clubs have a meeting to formally decline an offer?
I assumed a personal phone call would do.

The vast majority of RL people did not think Moses was coming to the Tigers, yet despite this, our supporters have consistently been fed the line that the club are very confident he is coming.
Should it turn out he does not sign on, it will be another egg on face situation.
How on earth is it egg on the club’s face that you chose to believe something you read on a forum? The club, to the best of my knowledge, has never said anything consequential about Moses and certainly not that they are confident of signing him.

Even if they put pen to paper on Thursday I don’t think it’ll be official until mid to late next week as the NRL will still need to approve the contract

How on earth is it egg on the club’s face that you chose to believe something you read on a forum? The club, to the best of my knowledge, has never said anything consequential about Moses and certainly not that they are confident of signing him.
I said they’d fed the line. They haven’t done press releases.

We now have a strong forward pack who can compete with the best teams in the competition so we need an organiser to guide them around the park & Brooks or Doueihi are not the answer. Moses is & we desperately need him to be a threat for the premiership in 2024 so good on the Tigers for chasing him hard. If we miss out at least Sheensy & Marshall tried their best to bring him back home & it shows that they are targeting the right players that we need, fingers crossed for Thursday’s meeting. I would also give him the captaincy as part of the deal.
Very well said and totally agree with you

He’s coming all the way to tell Sheens that he will reject the offer? If that common in rugby league contract negotiations?
Face to face meetings not resulting in contracts are pretty standard aren't they? If he wants to milk a bit more money out of the Eels he would need the Tigers option to look credible.

Think it might be more complicated Earl.
If the knights were willing to pay Brooks full contract would he still be a Tiger. We will never know the truth. Personally I believe we couldn't reach an agreement on how much of Brooks contract the Knights would cover so we released Hastings instead because he was just easier to move on.

I agree with this. The initial comment was related to pairing Brooks with Moses as if there was some underhand deal to get Moses.

I think Brooks was close to leaving simply because the Knights were after him. I think the money he is on this season was too high to do a deal with Newcastle and by that I mean the Tigers weren't prepared to pay Brooks a chunk of salary to play in Newcastle.

my oil is that moses will be signing with wests tigers for 2024 on thursday.
You've got the Thursday bit correct, but not the Tigers bit, that is when his re-signing with Eels will be announced. Take it to the bank. And deposit it in a special security box.

That is fake news, he is not expected to sign anything with the Tigers on Thursday.

Well clearly people are going to get it wrong but I'm not sure it's fake news. It's news from someone who tends to provide good info.

Maybe MM will cancel the meeting before Thursday. I guess there’s still time for that.

You mean like Jonah Pezet?
He has recently extended his stay in Melbourne. I think Sanders is probably our best bet from an 'almost ready to go' stand point, and we know Sheens isn't shy of handing a young guy a debut.

Aside from Moses though, there are no week in week out 1st grade standard halfbacks on the market.

I think Sheen's getting Moses sped up his initial timeline of 3 or so years to be competitive, which I commend him for, he really has gone on the attack and been on the front foot. But failing his signature, we should temper our excitment and expect to be waiting a couple more years for finals football.

I don't think a halves combo of AD and Brooks can take us there, worse if one of them gets injured, and Wakeham steps in.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back