Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Have they mishandled, or just handled?

They have Dylan Brown and Jakob Arthur. Brad Arthur wants his son at Halfback, Eels are looking at Nathan Cleary going "wow we have one half up an coming in Arthur"...

In fact I reckon were reading the whole situation wrong. Moses knows the writing is on the wall, he has been a money whinger and Brad Arthur ain't keeping him over his son. Parra probably regret offloading Mahoney, although this makes sense now as they want an experienced hooker to give a good start to their halves.

Could the Tigers be getting pumped? Was Moses always on the Chopping block at the eels? if not 2023 then 2024 or 25?
Good theory but I don't think so. If Parra weren't keen on Moses they simply wouldn't offer him another deal, especially not in the vicinity of $mil +

Reactions: 851
Moses isn’t just about cash (of course it will be a factor in someways) otherwise he would’ve signed last year. He has had million $$ offer on the table for over 2mths now. That indicates something else is at play be it the 3rd party deals, other player agreements, club cap arrangements etc.

As to the argument about players taking cuts etc that comes if you get success but even then those clubs still have high profile earning players that are in the $1m club. Let’s be real the cap over the next 5yrs is projected to increase, it just jumped 25% this year alone. There are going to be at least 20 million $$ players within 3yrs signed on club deals. Moses on current form is deserving to be in that class.
part of the delay is Isaac telling the club they need to offer Brooks an extended contract, Isaac wants both his players sorted.

which successful club is paying massive overs for their halfback?
All successful clubs are paying overs for someone in their squad. It will be a spine player who has the ability to change a game.
Parra are offering him a sizeable sum, as are the bulldogs. We got the spoon last year and haven’t cracked the 8 in a long time so it isn’t unreasonable to think that we have to go a little bit harder to get him. The thought would be that if we land him we may not have to pay overs to get others.
got to start somewhere and I can’t see a better half available atm.

Its pretty funny seeing people not wanting Moses over what happened in the past. Reminds me a lot of some members who used to keep the whole "that player doesn't belong here because he has been naughty and doesn't uphold the magnificent standards of our club" vibe. Worked pretty well resulting in more than a decade of absolute mediocrity.
I didn't ever want Isaac Moses to be dealing with our club again either(In fact I think at the time i said none of the 3 players should ever put a foot on leichhardt again) but he has some pretty handy players on his books. So what choice does it leave? We play in a competition, the whole objective is to win.
Mitchell Moses has gone on to become a very good player. He ticks a lot of boxes we need covered and we instantly become a much better side if he is in it. Those are all facts.
I hope we get his signature, It will speed up our path back to the 8 and get us winning far more football games. After all, the only reason the club is in a competition, is to compete and hopefully win.

Its pretty funny seeing people not wanting Moses over what happened in the past. Reminds me a lot of some members who used to keep the whole "that player doesn't belong here because he has been naughty and doesn't uphold the magnificent standards of our club" vibe. Worked pretty well resulting in more than a decade of absolute mediocrity.
I didn't ever want Isaac Moses to be dealing with our club again either(In fact I think at the time i said none of the 3 players should ever put a foot on leichhardt again) but he has some pretty handy players on his books. So what choice does it leave? We play in a competition, the whole objective is to win.
Mitchell Moses has gone on to become a very good player. He ticks a lot of boxes we need covered and we instantly become a much better side if he is in it. Those are all facts.
I hope we get his signature, It will speed up our path back to the 8 and get us winning far more football games. After all, the only reason the club is in a competition, is to compete and hopefully win.
Good post. It is objective.

Those aren’t facts, they are presumptions.

Have they mishandled, or just handled?

They have Dylan Brown and Jakob Arthur. Brad Arthur wants his son at Halfback, Eels are looking at Nathan Cleary going "wow we have one half up an coming in Arthur"...

In fact I reckon were reading the whole situation wrong. Moses knows the writing is on the wall, he has been a money whinger and Brad Arthur ain't keeping him over his son. Parra probably regret offloading Mahoney, although this makes sense now as they want an experienced hooker to give a good start to their halves.

Could the Tigers be getting pumped? Was Moses always on the Chopping block at the eels? if not 2023 then 2024 or 25?
Or we just offered Moses more money. 🤔

Small snippet in the article which I found interesting:

“I’ve handled the talk about it [better]. I’ve blocked everything out, my management worries about those things. It allows me to focus on Parramatta and train good here, not come to training and be affected by what’s going to happen.

“I haven’t felt any pressure. I’ve handled it a lot better than in the past, you learn from those past negotiations and contract talks. Whatever happens, happens, I guess.”

The other selling point is the chance to reunite with former halves partner Luke Brooks, who has been encouraging Moses to make the shift.

“Me and Brooksy speak a lot, we’re best mates,” Moses said. “We speak all the time about everything. We’ve had a few conversations, me and Brooksy. My full focus this year is on Parramatta.

“Hopefully we get something sorted before the start of the year … You see all the talk but it hasn’t really come to me, I haven’t had to think about that side of it yet.”

sounds to me the offering of an olive branch from Mitch! All cool now mate welcome home 👍

Latest posts

Back