Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I like him more than Scolari. Watched Kirk last year and was impressed with his attack and defence. Has put on some muscle this year. Scolari was given a lot of hyp. in the past, but this year (after acl opp) has been so so.
Scolari is a great competitor but obviously his career has been impacted by injury. I hope he has a good run now.

I feel Brooks has never been able to use his 2nd rower properly his whole career..
I seem to recall that at the back end of 2018 Brooks formed a lethal combination with Garner on the left edge. Brooks was throwing great little no-look passes to Garner running an outside-in line. They terrorised the opposition in their red zone and, while it lasted, it was our most effective attacking play.

Madge assumed control in 2019 and moved Garner to the right and the combo was lost. This was a poor decision in my opinion because, as Warren Ryan might have said, it was the only feather we had to fly with.

I’m no expert on the subtleties of attacking play, but it seems to me that if two players are to form a good combination it requires both to play their part to make it work. If for example, a back rower is not a hole runner or a good line runner, then holding the half back responsible for the back rowers lack of line breaks is incorrect.

I’m simply pointing out that your comment above is incorrect. Perhaps the fact that Garner is the only back rower that Brooks has struck up this type of combo with is partly his fault. But I would suggest also that the back rowers he has played inside should shoulder some of the blame as well.

I agree, I don’t see Hunt wanting ti come here. Only if he bought in on the path, show him the stats that prove we are just a quality half away from a to 8 to top 4 spot. All our stats show this e.g. time in oppositions 20, percentage with ball, etc, etc. if sheens can sell him the dream, then hopefully we are a chance!
The Chooks want Hunt and Gus wants Hunt, so all other clubs need not apply. If he leaves the Dragons, Chooks will be odds on

Yep, barely score. We needed a player in the bin and the ref to go bonkers penalising them and even then we couldn’t score enough to win the game.
So you can sugarcoat it all you like but one game of 66 and 19 points in 5 mins doesn’t cut it.
What you say is true, but I don’t think it diminishes our performance as you appear to believe.

The Raiders were entitled to defend their line more effectively that. I’ve seen plenty of teams survive a player in the bin without giving up a try. Last week, not only did Queensland not concede a try with 12 men, they scored two tries to win the game.

Even with their cynical lying in the ruck, we already had 5 or 6 line breaks to nil when Starling was binned. The man in the bin meant that they could no longer slow down the PTB and, as a consequence, we carved them up.

I’m not happy with the performance, but not for the reasons you suggest. It was failing to secure possession from the kick off; the penalty in front; and the complete lack of organisation at the end, that frustrates me. The fact that we clutched defeat from the jaws of victory really gets to me .

Agree with feledy, we should send him and a few others to the stint trainer whisperer that turbo and the likes go too! He’s a strong stocky player but a bit short, unfortunately he’s a bit in the style of toa. It would be better to have a different style of centre, but it is what it is. I watched him yesterday playing with naden in the opposed team at training he’s obviously high on their list and not far off.
Unless a great fast centre comes off contract, I am happy with what we’ve got. All our money now needs to be on a controlling half, like Hunt. These level of players are at a different level, u can see at the drag queens he’s the only one that gives them impetus. Lock up brooks as a running half on a reduced contract. And get some Hunt!
Yes we should develop Feledy.

No we should not go Half Hunting again!
Cmon, we just have had this "yea the club goes all out to get":
Mitchell Moses
Mitchell Pearce
Shawn Johnson??

Hey lets throw 1 million at Hunt, a player St George was almost unwilling to pay $700k for. Might as well strap a big "L" on our forheads.

Yes we should develop Feledy.

No we should not go Half Hunting again!
Cmon, we just have had this "yea the club goes all out to get":
Mitchell Moses
Mitchell Pearce
Shawn Johnson??

Hey lets throw 1 million at Hunt, a player St George was almost unwilling to pay $700k for. Might as well strap a big "L" on our forheads.
Can’t agree, Hunt would be perfect for us. If we had him at 7 this year we would have probably 8 more points by now. We desperately need a organising no7 and he is close to the best in the business. Bulla and Brooks would have a field day playing outside him.

Of course we all see things differently but I rate Hunt probably higher than Moses, although you don’t get the goal kicking with Hunt

To be fair to JT, he doesn't start many rumours.
It was reported by the mole this morning fwiw
Fair enough, should lead with that if it’s new to a thread, particular the rumour thread.

I just have a mental note in my head to take JT rumours with a grain of salt as they always seem to be off. Been disappointed too many times!

Last edited:
Hahaha Chooks can cover Hunt and at least 2 more players , no problem nothing to see hear
I don't believe Lodge will be with the Roosters next year. If they lose Walker and Fletcher-Baker they'd afford Young, Leinu, Hunt and re-sign JWH comfortably. 🤣

Fair enough, should lead with that if it’s new to a thread, particular the rumour thread.

I just have a mental note in my head to take JT rumours with a grain of salt as they always seem to be off. Been disappointed too many times!
wait and see I guess.
Still think we will get Koula from Manly

Also perhaps naden on the outer and part of a trade to Manly for Koula a year early from his contract.

Last edited:
Back