Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

These comments are ridiculous.
Have seen a few around if brooks was decent bloke.
500k with the cap increase would struggle to get you a top 13 player these days let alone a half.

As if you would do that. Walk into your current employer in the current economy and where the cap had a massive increase and say hey can you take 20% off.

Why expect someone else to do so.
Because if you performed like he has in your current job you would have been sacked. I take it you enjoyed watching the game this evening.

Reactions: 851
Because if you performed like he has in your current job you would have been sacked. I take it you enjoyed watching the game this evening.

So you wouldn’t take a 20% pay cut would you?
Thats the point re saying if he was a decent bloke or not because not many would especially when the cap increased by as much as it has.

Ideally we move down a different path.
He won’t take us to the finals everyone knows that.

I know Volkman has been brought up a lot but I wonder if Chanel Harris-Tavita is worth a look for this year. Believe he's back in Auckland and no offence I don't see too many clubs releasing their depth players, as loan to other clubs.

I know Volkman has been brought up a lot but I wonder if Chanel Harris-Tavita is worth a look for this year. Believe he's back in Auckland and no offence I don't see too many clubs releasing their depth players, as loan to other clubs.
Only just signed at the Warriors. Something has to give there with all the halves they have.

We have a new recruitment guy but its still Wests Tigers, don’t kid yourself about signing a decent halves player. Our best option is probably still Benji.
If we haven’t already been in talks with someone I doubt it would be decent just wondering if they will panic buy or try something within

We are going reasonable for about 6 weeks then I read Pascoe and Fulton start telling a few they are not wanted . Good for harmony ?Then coach changes run on side Blore on Pole bench ? Then we go back to one of our worst performances of the year ?
Recruit half ( suggested Volkman months ago but too late I think )
Recruit center whos fast eg Averillo ?
At this stage of season im just " clutching at straws "

We are going reasonable for about 6 weeks then I read Pascoe and Fulton start telling a few they are not wanted . Good for harmony ?Then coach changes run on side Blore on Pole bench ? Then we go back to one of our worst performances of the year ?

it goes back to the decision to release Big Joe..

The Management must have been thinking that things were going too well… and the players were starting to get some confidence and combinations together..

it’s like they deliberately did this to detail the team

Yeah I don’t think it’s coincidence they looked out of sorts after all the contract talk this week.

Options are limited.

Laurie and Wakeham isn't appealing either.

Ohhh we are totally stuffed at least Laurie is playing for a contract and can create.
Might be an advantage for us.
Trying to find some glimmer even if is very faint.

Other option is throw a rookie kid in with zero expectations & see what they are made of.

I want us to stay away from Smith makes zero sense to play him.

We have a new recruitment guy but its still Wests Tigers, don’t kid yourself about signing a decent halves player. Our best option is probably still Benji.
Must other teams would have a player sorted by the start of next week we will waiting to 2026 and that’s just a maybe 🤔

Reactions: BZN
Ohhh we are totally stuffed at least Laurie is playing for a contract and can create.
Might be an advantage for us.
Trying to find some glimmer even if is very faint.

Other option is throw a rookie kid in with zero expectations & see what they are made of.

I want us to stay away from Smith makes zero sense to play him.
Smith could do a job. I guess.
Has shown some capability in the past.

Laurie, that's going to be rough to see.
He lacks in so many areas.

It's going to be a tough few weeks, months....

Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Back