Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How good is it that most chat on our end is staying behind closed doors keeping us guessing
Very minimal word coming out ofTiger camp once again
Are you sure about that? The latest rumour is Benji and Fulton are not on the same page and Benji doesn’t want Schuster.

It is the first time in a while the club has rejected someone rather than being the other way around so that’s good.

Are you sure about that? The latest rumour is Benji and Fulton are not on the same page and Benji doesn’t want Schuster.

It is the first time in a while the club has rejected someone rather than being the other way around so that’s good.
As I said ‘most’.
If it was last year or the year before we’d know every single one of our top 30 players contract situation to begin with

Reactions: 851
Very funny this place.
No club would want him
500k is about right
2 year deal is right
He is the reason we suck

Signs with Manly within 2 weeks of saying no to us for a 4yr deal between 600-700k a season.

Meanwhile we have zero halves on our books for next season in the squad signed & wonder why we struggle. Living in hope Fainu an 18yr kid is released, picks us and can deliver in a few years.

The comments about Brooksy are hilarious. Consistently one of our best players. We offered him in my opinion a fair contract but it was dependent on Brooks wanting to stay and take under at the Tigers. He choose not to do that and of course he was going to get a significantly better contract.

Personally though I'm ecstatic that at some point at some time in the future there will be less comments about Brooks on here.

The real issue is are we getting Fainu and if so will he deliver in the next 2-3 years. We desperately need this to occur. We also need two more halves assuming we sign Wakeham. The recruitment team have a lot of work to do.

Of course but we are aiming for GF glory arent we?
So you pay peanuts get monkeys for halves.
Or we pay Manu 1.1 a season to play centre because he won’t leave a quality club.
Good centres with our current halves = Definitely more wins.
Good halves with our current centres = Probably more wins?
Need to upgrade both without going stupid.

If Fainu is the prospect everyone says he is, there should be no regrets about Brooks leaving.

We need official news to confirm this though. It appears to be happening but it can all change up until there is a signed contract.

Given what's bring mentioned coming over to us and also what is available may as well play shuster at 6. Shuster has played 6 with a lot of these players from SG ball.

Based on todays news/announcement, maybe the swap is taking a little longer as Manly and WT may want to include Samuela Fainu and Brooks in an immediate swap also? I can imagine Brooks contract this year would be a stumbling block though.

Just pay whatever we have to pay this year only. This season is over.

People on here are way to doom and gloom, a single article about benji and fulton mildly disagreeing on a single player and all of a sudden the clubs falling to pieces due to office politics.

Good on Brooksy if the rumour is true, those who said he wouldn't get an NRL deal are dead set on the wacky tobacco. I'll be hoping he has success at Manly. Good for us too but only if we can pair Fainu with a Mitchell Pearce type of mentor.
He was never going to get a deal as a halfback. We're the only silly ones who ever thought he could make it as one

People on here are way to doom and gloom, a single article about benji and fulton mildly disagreeing on a single player and all of a sudden the clubs falling to pieces due to office politics.

Who gives a toss. All I care about is that they didn't go for Schuster. Good job.

Back