Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Come on stop giving them outs , this is a priority for us , this will define our club for years to come
I'm disappointed with many decision made by the club over many years.
However, you have to treat each move on an individual basis. I'm just trying to be fair, realistic and balanced in this case - you can't expect people to be available just because you think they should be. There's also process that everyone needs to follow in making decisions - this takes time.

trindall was approached earlier this season for a swap with laurie which fell through after kennedy resigned

sharks will play hardball if we move forward again

mail on fainu , marshall meeting with him to gauge character as the deal was done originally without his sign off
Any other mail @kade7 on who we may be looking at? I did see a cryptic message to a post on Insta that Kayal Iro is being looked at.

I'm disappointed with many decision made by the club over many years.
However, you have to treat each move on an individual basis. I'm just trying to be fair, realistic and balanced in this case - you can't expect people to be available just because you think they should be. There's also process that everyone needs to follow in making decisions - this takes time.
C'mon Mikey, we know its been a constant issue getting the decision makers in one room to approve, disapprove, or start a fight.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
If WT can secure the services of Iro, Trindall and Fainu as well as letting go of Brooks and Talau then it has been a great week.

Trindall and Iro are both too good to be playing State Cup enve though Iro has not been tested at the highest level.

Is Manly becoming the new Tiger Sharks? I think they will have 5 or 6 ex Tigers in 2024.

Dragons also have a number of our rejects as well. Great to see Musgrove and Mbye continuing to perform NOT.

I really hope we keep Blore as if he can remain injury free he could be a special player.

Also if we signed Iro it would put Naden on notice to perform. I fully fit and engage Naden could be a great Centre for us. He needs to get more involved and stop doing stupid things.

I also believe Marshall should take over the coaching in 2024 and hope he knows how to use a bench going forward.

100% I would be after both
Trindall and Iro along with the Manly youngster add them and we are better than this year and we have a good pack in place to go forward , pay extra secure long term future , all 3 on 4 year deals

Did anyone really think the hottest 18 year old in the country would be given permission to talk to other clubs and that we'd be the only ones talking to him? seriously..?
It would always be expected that numerous other clubs would throw their hat in the ring, but that our connection via Fulton, Sione, and a number of other boys that he played with in Matts and at high school and the prospect of being the next Benji while being tutored by Benji and being close to his family would be enough to get us over the line, alongside a bumper deal

He’s on contract at Manly so he can only speak to whoever Manly allows him to. We don’t really know exactly Manly has said on that front but it’s been presented as a player swap so yeah it’s feasible. If he goes elsewhere they don’t get TT.

Not all true.

They actually questioned Manly's signing of Brooks, and that once DCE retires a halves pairing of Brooks/Schuster would be a disaster.

Benji was in Fiji. The rumours of them butting heads was from before that.

Them questioning why they would let go of Fainu and sign Brooks makes sense. Why let go one of the so called most promising players in the game and sign Brooks? It's a fair question. If it's not talent, is it off field stuff they've seen? They could have kept him by not signing Brooks and if they were that pressed for cash, not offering Schuster as much.

I do agree that sometimes, especially Hooper, it's over the top.

All goes away when we start to see success. For a club who hasn't been in the finals for over a decade we can be very precious.

It may be Fainu is unhappy at a perceived lack of support for his brother or some other issue. Stefano was in a similar position at Parramatta. If he’s basically telling them he’s got no interest in playing there long term and wants out I can see it makes sense from a financial and development perspective to cut him loose.

He’s on contract at Manly so he can only speak to whoever Manly allows him to. We don’t really know exactly Manly has said on that front but it’s been presented as a player swap so yeah it’s feasible. If he goes elsewhere they don’t get TT.
Really if we don’t get the kid , they don’t get TT , with our track record I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t give them TT and brooks by the weekend

Reactions: 851
There has also been significant change at the club. Manly keep cycling through CEO’s and coaches and now Fulton has left, the vision Manly sold his family is probably different to the club he’s now at.

If this is the reason he’s looking for a change then is Wests Tigers really a great landing spot?

The lure of Wayne Bennett is a concern.

As others have noted Bennett hasn’t had a great success rate of late and he’s in Queensland.

In terms of us being a landing spot, yes absolutely. His brother is here, he’s got zero competition for a halves spot and we’ve got a massive forward pack to play behind.

Having zero competition for a halves spot is a terrible selling point for an 18yo!

He’s still learning the game and hasn’t even debuted. The bloke needs a playing mentor more than anything in my opinion.

Locking up a #7 should be Fultons number one priority and it needs to happen yesterday.

Well I disagree. Plenty of young guns stuck behind established players elsewhere. He’s got a legitimate shot at playing NRL this season. Of course that’s a selling point. Mentor? Like someone who’s played at a high level in that same position? If only we had someone like that on our coaching staff…

Fulton can only work with what’s available. This club has come a cropper too often by rushing into stupid decisions in a panic. We’re still in June, plenty of time. Uncle Wayne probably had 4 players this time last year.

Having zero competition for a halves spot is a terrible selling point for an 18yo!

He’s still learning the game and hasn’t even debuted. The bloke needs a playing mentor more than anything in my opinion.

Locking up a #7 should be Fultons number one priority and it needs to happen yesterday.
Agree! Who can we buy for $550k?

Back