Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tallis makes a valid point, if Fainu is the best young prospect atm why sign Brooks. Caryannis was saying because it to try and ensure instant success. Coaches thinking of today not worrying about tomorrow to keep themselves in a job kind of thing.
Is Carryannis suggesting Tigers are not concerned about “instant success?”

The clue to the non retention of Fainu & the signing of Brooks , on much more & longer than the WTs were offering , has a lot to do with who they are managed by & who manages the coaches of the respective clubs .

if you ever listen to Gus’s podcast he often talks about the influence some managers have on clubs .
Exactly. Siebold is managed by Isaac Moses and Isaac Moses manages Brooks. That's pretty much 💯 why Brooks is Manly

🙏Thank you to all that reached out with their condolences for the recent loss of my father, as it again shows the depth and camaraderie of the vast majority of this community, which did similarly so when we lost our daughter last year.

I was lucky to be very close with him for my 57 of his 89 years. Despite showing me love all those years, being from a different era, I was so happy that he finally verbalised it in the hours before his passing, even though it was hard to understand as he struggled.

Please tell those close that you love them at every opportunity.
Deepest Condolences to you mate and all your family

Is Carryannis suggesting Tigers are not concerned about “instant success?”
We wouldn’t have instant success no matter what we do from here. We have no halves and no current NRL halves are available or interested in coming here.

Only hope is to sign players that will gradually help us to stop looking like a mess and get people like Lee and Pascoe as far away from the club as possible.

Come on stop giving them outs , this is a priority for us , this will define our club for years to come
I'm disappointed with many decision made by the club over many years.
However, you have to treat each move on an individual basis. I'm just trying to be fair, realistic and balanced in this case - you can't expect people to be available just because you think they should be. There's also process that everyone needs to follow in making decisions - this takes time.

trindall was approached earlier this season for a swap with laurie which fell through after kennedy resigned

sharks will play hardball if we move forward again

mail on fainu , marshall meeting with him to gauge character as the deal was done originally without his sign off
Any other mail @kade7 on who we may be looking at? I did see a cryptic message to a post on Insta that Kayal Iro is being looked at.

I'm disappointed with many decision made by the club over many years.
However, you have to treat each move on an individual basis. I'm just trying to be fair, realistic and balanced in this case - you can't expect people to be available just because you think they should be. There's also process that everyone needs to follow in making decisions - this takes time.
C'mon Mikey, we know its been a constant issue getting the decision makers in one room to approve, disapprove, or start a fight.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
If WT can secure the services of Iro, Trindall and Fainu as well as letting go of Brooks and Talau then it has been a great week.

Trindall and Iro are both too good to be playing State Cup enve though Iro has not been tested at the highest level.

Is Manly becoming the new Tiger Sharks? I think they will have 5 or 6 ex Tigers in 2024.

Dragons also have a number of our rejects as well. Great to see Musgrove and Mbye continuing to perform NOT.

I really hope we keep Blore as if he can remain injury free he could be a special player.

Also if we signed Iro it would put Naden on notice to perform. I fully fit and engage Naden could be a great Centre for us. He needs to get more involved and stop doing stupid things.

I also believe Marshall should take over the coaching in 2024 and hope he knows how to use a bench going forward.

Back