Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How low can’t we go with crap 💩 signings like this , does any bubby at the club know how to recruit at all
You guys are really off your head.. did you watch the game the other night? We had the prop , Klemmer and second rower Bateman having to run in and do the work of the halfback just to get some ball movement happening… Wakeham stands back as if he is the messiah capable of pulling off a miracle on the 5th play… if the ball is thrown at him he refuses to take even a couple of steps forward to put the defence in any doubt at all that he may attack the line and he always does the Moses Mbye .. the crab sideways and look to anyone that’s flat footed to throw the ball AT.. we need a half that can direct the play around.. that can have these big mobile forwards running off him and into space and that can get some momentum and a quick play the ball in good ball area so we can play some attacking football against a retreating and stressed defensive line.. Sezer can do that, Hastings had it going a couple of times last year and we looked 1000% better.. Brooks has never been able to work it out , never. No matter who was beside him .. Sezer and hopefully Fainu can do all of this ,,

He played finals footy in 2019 which will be 5 years prior by 2024.
In that 5 years Sezer has suffered injuries and got much older, meaning one of his strengths which was his speed off the mark has now diminished.
Based on what I’ve seen and heard he is now too fragile to take the ball to the line, so won’t help us in that respect either.
At this stage of his career he’s about on par with Will Smith and we have seen how that worked out,
So has Brooks got older since 2019 and with even less success than Sezer.. also you people that try to blast will smith must not actually watch the game.. he looks 100 times sharper than any othe half we have had this year.. he actually puts the ball in front of the recipient so he can run onto it.. he runs the correct shape , and fast .. smith can really play footy and I’d love for him to be the 14 when we have a strong team playing…

You guys are really off your head.. did you watch the game the other night? We had the prop , Klemmer and second rower Bateman having to run in and do the work of the halfback just to get some ball movement happening… Wakeham stands back as if he is the messiah capable of pulling off a miracle on the 5th play… if the ball is thrown at him he refuses to take even a couple of steps forward to put the defence in any doubt at all that he may attack the line and he always does the Moses Mbye .. the crab sideways and look to anyone that’s flat footed to throw the ball AT.. we need a half that can direct the play around.. that can have these big mobile forwards running off him and into space and that can get some momentum and a quick play the ball in good ball area so we can play some attacking football against a retreating and stressed defensive line.. Sezer can do that, Hastings had it going a couple of times last year and we looked 1000% better.. Brooks has never been able to work it out , never. No matter who was beside him .. Sezer and hopefully Fainu can do all of this ,,
You are right in what you say we need our halfback to do.
I have big doubts Sezer will do it.
Five years back he played this role well, but he’s now older, slower and injury prone.

You are right in what you say we need our halfback to do.
I have big doubts Sezer will do it.
Five years back he played this role well, but he’s now older, slower and injury prone.
Fair enough.. I suppose we will soon find out, I hope he shines.. I live on Gold Coast and saw Sezer at the ground a few times. He is a good player and has a reliable short kicking game, he could 🤞 be just what this team needs in a 7..

Reactions: 851
Well said, competent imo is a perfect description of Sezer. Just wish he could kick goals.
I will add that I think Croft falls into the same category and having them both would give us some stability in the halves.
I thought he could kick goals and had a pretty good success rate.

Looking at the roster the forwards are fine Api, Papalli, Bateman, Klemmer, Utoikamanu, Twal, Pole, Blore (extend him). If we add Keppie the pack is fine. There is young depth there also.

We need 3 halves halfback, 5/8 and a backup. At a minimum we need three starting backline players winger and centre. The club has to move on from Nofa, Laurie, Douihei, Naden, Wakeham, Smith.

Can the club repeat last offseason in the halves and backs? We were in a worse position last year so anything is possible.

Players available 2023 Alamoti, Taafe, Weekes is who i’d target now.

2024 available November 1st Bradman Best, Junior Amone, Nick Cotric, Niwhai puru, Luke Metcalf.

Whishful thinking but you throw in Metcalf, Taafe, Best, Alamoti, Cotric and you have a team. Unfortunately we can’t attract players so best to look for players being offloaded looking for a pay rise or extension.

This is pretty old back in the Canberra days having a bit of fun with the goal kicking. (hope the link is working)

A kicking competition between Jarrod Croker (Winner with 11 points) Aidan Sezer (8 points) and Daryl Halligan (5 points)

Don't know where Sezer is up to with his goal kicking these days but he wasn't too bad in the past.

Why would we go for Alamoti? Talking to bulldogs insiders can’t wait to move him on. Oops it’s the WT at least here you can play NRL whilst being only being at KOE level. I guess I know realise why we are a bottom feeder. We tend to accept all those that other clubs who are competitive would not consider or reject. Clubs who demand success. Then we justify all these decisions and at the same time are left scratching our heads.

Why would we go for Alamoti? Talking to bulldogs insiders can’t wait to move him on. Oops it’s the WT at least here you can play NRL whilst being only being at KOE level. I guess I know realise why we are a bottom feeder. We tend to accept all those that other clubs who are competitive would not consider or reject. Clubs who demand success. Then we justify all these decisions and at the same time are left scratching our heads.
Far too slow.

Latest posts

Members online

Back