Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Looking at the roster the forwards are fine Api, Papalli, Bateman, Klemmer, Utoikamanu, Twal, Pole, Blore (extend him). If we add Keppie the pack is fine. There is young depth there also.

We need 3 halves halfback, 5/8 and a backup. At a minimum we need three starting backline players winger and centre. The club has to move on from Nofa, Laurie, Douihei, Naden, Wakeham, Smith.

Can the club repeat last offseason in the halves and backs? We were in a worse position last year so anything is possible.

Players available 2023 Alamoti, Taafe, Weekes is who i’d target now.

2024 available November 1st Bradman Best, Junior Amone, Nick Cotric, Niwhai puru, Luke Metcalf.

Whishful thinking but you throw in Metcalf, Taafe, Best, Alamoti, Cotric and you have a team. Unfortunately we can’t attract players so best to look for players being offloaded looking for a pay rise or extension.

This is pretty old back in the Canberra days having a bit of fun with the goal kicking. (hope the link is working)

A kicking competition between Jarrod Croker (Winner with 11 points) Aidan Sezer (8 points) and Daryl Halligan (5 points)

Don't know where Sezer is up to with his goal kicking these days but he wasn't too bad in the past.

Reactions: 851
Why would we go for Alamoti? Talking to bulldogs insiders can’t wait to move him on. Oops it’s the WT at least here you can play NRL whilst being only being at KOE level. I guess I know realise why we are a bottom feeder. We tend to accept all those that other clubs who are competitive would not consider or reject. Clubs who demand success. Then we justify all these decisions and at the same time are left scratching our heads.

Why would we go for Alamoti? Talking to bulldogs insiders can’t wait to move him on. Oops it’s the WT at least here you can play NRL whilst being only being at KOE level. I guess I know realise why we are a bottom feeder. We tend to accept all those that other clubs who are competitive would not consider or reject. Clubs who demand success. Then we justify all these decisions and at the same time are left scratching our heads.
Far too slow.

Reactions: 851
Call me crazy & i’d probably get hammered for saying this haha but a centre i’d be chasing is Brad Parker from Manly. Yes I know his attack won’t set the world on fire but he is one of the best defensive centres in the comp in a position where we have struggled defensively for years !!! Sign him on a two year deal so it gives Feledy more time to develop & work on his defensive issues.

Call me crazy & i’d probably get hammered for saying this haha but a centre i’d be chasing is Brad Parker from Manly. Yes I know his attack won’t set the world on fire but he is one of the best defensive centres in the comp in a position where we have struggled defensively for years !!! Sign him on a two year deal so it gives Feledy more time to develop & work on his defensive issues.

Personally I welcome any effort players. Parker is an effort player

Realistically we won’t be able to bring in all the players we would need for a successful 2024, especially considering we are currently a very undesirable destination. Our best chance is to pick up a couple of experienced backs and stay the course on developing some of our younger guys.
Success will come in steps if we have a plan and stick to it. We need to show consistently that we are a club on the up.
Someone like Sezer (1-2 yr deal) coupled with Fainu in the halves. Bring in a guy like Lomax as one centre and bring on Feledy and Reilly. Persevere with coaching Toa. Resign Staines as a wing and backup FB. Work with Tupou to build his confidence and Nofa needs another talk with Benji.
The rest of the backs currently in our squad (obviously apart from Bula) should be let go, not renewed, or moved on.
As for forwards we need to extend Blore and Seyfarth 1-2 yrs only. We need to find a real lock and bring in one more aggressive hard running prop.
The above is not impossible for us to achieve but we need to look united and get everyone on the same page, at the same time our current players need to show some pride and heart for the club.

Tighten up that weak defensive edge.

Hail Sezer!View attachment 5930
View attachment 5931
A major discussion to sign a 32 year old who hasn’t played NRL for five years. It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad and pathetic.

Even if we sign Sezer a 32 year old at the back end of his career weve still got a lot of recruiting to do !
Our current roster has 21 signed for next year and that includes Douehi who is an unlikely starter in 2024 .It also includes 3 or 4 more who are really not NRL material judging by the fact that they have never had one game in the top grade despite our struggles to put a competitive team on the field .
So we've effectively got a roster of about 17 or 18 !

Latest posts

Members online

Back