Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

- laurie deal happend as expected, most likely his last game for the club last night
- no rush for the club to put latu into 6, sullivan is seen as a low risk high upside signing , still with sezer at 7, dragons would put up a little less then half to get him off the books, but watch the dogs make a play
- whispers that nick cotric may ask for a release from the raiders too, no interest from the tigers at this stage, but i would take him
We nearly landed Cotric last time. It was during Madge era but Sheens was involved so interest may develop.

If Laurie goes, we have 2 spots to fill by August 7 I think it is. I doubt we’d get Sullivan (injured) or Sezer this season, so maybe we just promote 2 internals immediately on low wage (Mansfield & Feledy) and plan Brooks/Wakeham as halves for rest of season with Will Smith & Api as backups. Or Talau & Fainu swap is on the cards.

A bit to play out.

We nearly landed Cotric last time. It was during Madge era but Sheens was involved so interest may develop.

If Laurie goes, we have 2 spots to fill by August 7 I think it is. I doubt we’d get Sullivan (injured) or Sezer this season, so maybe we just promote 2 internals immediately on low wage (Mansfield & Feledy) and plan Brooks/Wakeham as halves for rest of season with Will Smith & Api as backups. Or Talau & Fainu swap is on the cards.

A bit to play out.
We've filled our 30 spots for the year, even if a player leaves they still count so Ofa is still in our 30 contracted players. A bit of an odd one I know but that's how it's set up.

We've filled our 30 spots for the year, even if a player leaves they still count so Ofa is still in our 30 contracted players. A bit of an odd one I know but that's how it's set up.
That is not how it works. We still have one spot to fill before the august deadline because Joffa left.

Bloke has mad attitude problems. But he's very dangerous close to the line, which is the exact opposite of any current Tigers player.
You say this, but in reality over the past 4 seasons his total stats are something like 4 tries and 4 try assists from like 30 games.
And two of these tries were against us this season, so not sure they count.
So is he really that dangerous?

You say this, but in reality over the past 4 seasons his total stats are something like 4 tries and 4 try assists from like 30 games.
He is against us.

Well if you dig a little deeper you see about half of his 27 matches were off the bench or starting hooker.

So it's more like 7 tries, 3 try assists, 6 offloads and 6 forced restarts from 15 games starting in the halves, plus bits and pieces. It's a decent strike rate for a 21 year old.

And my observation of him is he is most dangerous close to the try line, which is a distinct deficit of the Tigers.

It took a full 3 years for our coaching staff to work out his optimal position and motivate him...not a simple task,but..
That's a big coaching fail for me
He signed and came here to play fullback, he wanted $600k per year (fullback $$) deal earlier this year

laurie last first grade game for the club
brooks likely back next week, no room in the cap this year for penrith

sullivan absolutely not an option this year
If Brooks is back we still only have one fit half. Laurie is still the best fit 5/8 at the club.
It would make no sense to dump him to NSW cup, and if Penrith don't have room where is he going? Or a swap with another club? We getting Latu early?

If Brooks is back we still only have one fit half. Laurie is still the best fit 5/8 at the club.
It would make no sense to dump him to NSW cup, and if Penrith don't have room where is he going? Or a swap with another club? We getting Latu early?
Staines if ready?

That is not how it works. We still have one spot to fill before the august deadline because Joffa left.
That's not totally right. We can sign someone else, but we don't HAVE to sign/promote someone and can choose to include Joffas salary in our top 30 instead if we want

Latest posts

Back