Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hell no. But we have had great juniors coming through eg Feledy, Faagatu, Miller. I would rather them develop then signing mid players to long term high price contracts (Reynolds, Mbye)
Ok so 17 internationals and 13 juniors? What’s your mix?

Watson is a quality player when available, but he's just another player at the back end of his career that can play well in way too many positions but not great in any.
He would be very good 13/14, but playing him through the middle basically guarantees he wont play the full season.
In the halves, does he offer anything different to Sezer or Sullivan? I'm not sure, should really only be considered if we haven't signed one or both of them.
On that basis I say probably no.

Watson is a quality player when available, but he's just another player at the back end of his career that can play well in way too many positions but not great in any.
He would be very good 13/14, but playing him through the middle basically guarantees he wont play the full season.
In the halves, does he offer anything different to Sezer or Sullivan? I'm not sure, should really only be considered if we haven't signed one or both of them.
Maybe just forcing up the asking price for the Roosters to retain him. As you have written he is at the backend of his career.

Id like some wing/centre depth before add another half/hooker to Rua, Simpkin, Api, Da Silva, Sullivan, Fainu, Sezer, Doueihi.

I don’t want to see Kepaoa play on the wing and I don’t want to see Nofa at all next year.
Currently, we only have 1 uninjured half next year. Sullivan and Sezer will only make that 3 and fainu is still incredibly young.

Last edited:
He's 27 mate not 37 I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

You make it sound like that's someone elses' fault?
The reason he's been shifted around is because he's being given every chance to show
something - somewhere, He just doesn't!!
He's not an NRL player.
He might have been a little bit less crap at Back Row for a tiny minute, But that just means he wasn't there long enough, Or have enough input in to be exposed (Again)

Comparatively, Young guys like Bula, Stefano, Pole get a crack and although they don't always get it right
They prove they're worthy, And more often than not - It's the little things, Efforts off the ball, Class touches etc....
I've never seen any such moments from AJ.

He's the only bloke I've seen in the game drop a ball cold and trot another 20 odd metres / steps up field,
before he cares to notice that he
1: Doesn't have the ball
2: The other team picked it up and ran off with it.

And it's been more than once, Zero effort...
He's Dumb, Lazy - Guessing I don't need to mention his hands...
How do I make it sound like it's someone elses fault? Despite the fact it is. Newsflash, he isn't choosing which position he is playing each week.

I agree with you that he hasn't done himself any favours in any of these positions, but Sheens makes the call.

How often do you see players improve consistently when they're thrown around all over the shop? Let's not pretend it doesn't have an impact.

Watson would be nothing more than a desperation signing. Hasn't he already rejected us once too?

We love going back to take a sip from the old river, this club. That's why it wouldn't surprise if the man in question from Rothfields article is, in fact, James Tedesco.

Back