Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Bateman has been great for our club and I shake my head at the criticism directed at him. He leads on the field and we are starting to see our younger players go with him. He is also from Yorkshire and families are very close in the north. It is only human to want to catch up with family at Christmas.
A 700k back rower is supposed to run hard and tackle hard, he is doing neither and should have been dropped weeks ago,

Hooper is a dog, Buzz a grub, Crawley a piece of shit. But anyone who gets upset at Anasta is soft and way too sensitive. Not surprised to see those who get upset with him tbh.
Buzz hasn't offended me much lately, Hooper and Crawly give me the shits can't stand either of them, Tallis just ain't up to it. Anasta is the best of the lot.

A 700k back rower is supposed to run hard and tackle hard, he is doing neither and should have been dropped weeks ago,

I don't think he should be dropped. I think he has been okay and at one point I thought he was really good. I just think we need more from him plus we have a bunch of young guys coming through that'll want a spot.

I said the same thing about Stef a couple of weeks ago.

We need our top players to be consistently very good. Api is a classic example.

Last edited:
This isn't a signing suggestion but moreso supports what a few have been stating about our forward pack being overpowered by others - ironically, I'm showing this via stats 😆.
After watching the Tongan powerhouse punish the Wests Tigers in a 30-22 win for the Warriors on Saturday night, with an effort that included 27 carries for 270 metres and a try, Johnson joined teammates and coach Andrew Webster in claiming there is no better prop in the game right now.
That's crazy that one prop is providing that much of an impact for his team. Btw I am not really criticising our forwards yet only saying AFB's dominance is visibly seen without the stats to further back it up - which is what I presume a few forumers have been trying to emphasise.

This isn't a signing suggestion but moreso supports what a few have been stating about our forward pack being overpowered by others - ironically, I'm showing this via stats 😆.
After watching the Tongan powerhouse punish the Wests Tigers in a 30-22 win for the Warriors on Saturday night, with an effort that included 27 carries for 270 metres and a try, Johnson joined teammates and coach Andrew Webster in claiming there is no better prop in the game right now.
That's crazy that one prop is providing that much of an impact for his team. Btw I am not really criticising our forwards yet only saying AFB's dominance is visibly seen without the stats to further back it up - which is what I presume a few forumers have been trying to emphasise.
AFB is the best prop in the game.

Good pick up Lauren. I read the article and was going to mention something similar but didn’t want to stoke the fire.
AFB is exactly what our forwards are not. I’m not sure any of the current crop can be similar. Even our juniors coming through aren’t of the same stature. He is a physical behemoth and has the endurance of a lock.
It’s fair to say it’s a high bar to reach as you’d be hard pressed arguing against him being the best prop in the game. Numbers like Hass and impact like JFH.

Middle prop like this bloke are very important in the modern game. Sadly our team do not have one. They persist with stephano and he an impact prop.

Reactions: BZN
Middle prop like this bloke are very important in the modern game. Sadly our team do not have one. They persist with stephano and he an impact prop.

Im on the fence with Stef to be honest he has flashes of being decent, but then there's a fair bit of plodder about him. He also has a few mistakes and 6 agains at crucial times in him.
I know he's young and props mature later on but in all honesty i see him having a fair NRL career nothing outstanding. Certainly not Origin worthy imo.

Mate he is a good player. I just don’t think he’s a fullback. He’s better suited at 5/8.

I reckon he’d be a great 14 off the bench late in each half.
Agree. He's shown he's far better at 5/8.

I don't really see his value as a 14, but depending on the team it could work.

Hopefully he finds his place back at Penrith.

Anybody who watched the dogs game would conclude you would crazy to consider recruiting Luke Thompson he's a dud !
I know recruiting is hard but we can't just take anyone who's available

I have to assume that this is a stupid media beat up via his manager or something like that. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
Back