Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This isn't a signing suggestion but moreso supports what a few have been stating about our forward pack being overpowered by others - ironically, I'm showing this via stats 😆.
After watching the Tongan powerhouse punish the Wests Tigers in a 30-22 win for the Warriors on Saturday night, with an effort that included 27 carries for 270 metres and a try, Johnson joined teammates and coach Andrew Webster in claiming there is no better prop in the game right now.
That's crazy that one prop is providing that much of an impact for his team. Btw I am not really criticising our forwards yet only saying AFB's dominance is visibly seen without the stats to further back it up - which is what I presume a few forumers have been trying to emphasise.

Middle prop like this bloke are very important in the modern game. Sadly our team do not have one. They persist with stephano and he an impact prop.

Reactions: BZN
Middle prop like this bloke are very important in the modern game. Sadly our team do not have one. They persist with stephano and he an impact prop.

Im on the fence with Stef to be honest he has flashes of being decent, but then there's a fair bit of plodder about him. He also has a few mistakes and 6 agains at crucial times in him.
I know he's young and props mature later on but in all honesty i see him having a fair NRL career nothing outstanding. Certainly not Origin worthy imo.

Mate he is a good player. I just don’t think he’s a fullback. He’s better suited at 5/8.

I reckon he’d be a great 14 off the bench late in each half.
Agree. He's shown he's far better at 5/8.

I don't really see his value as a 14, but depending on the team it could work.

Hopefully he finds his place back at Penrith.

Anybody who watched the dogs game would conclude you would crazy to consider recruiting Luke Thompson he's a dud !
I know recruiting is hard but we can't just take anyone who's available

I have to assume that this is a stupid media beat up via his manager or something like that. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
In the past we may have lost him to the Eels, Roosters or other clubs looking in the South West for junior talent. That we have retained him is a vote of confidence for our pathways system and all the staff involved in the programme.
Comes down to money

MARKET WATCH – WESTS TIGERS

The Wests Tigers have been busy on the open market but the club has now turned its attention to retention as they continue to rebuild their roster.

Breakout out star Junior Tupou has been identified as a retention priority and the club is moving to lock him in before the powerful outside back can hit the market on November 1.

The club has started extension talks with Tupou’s management and are confident they can keep him at Concord.

Tupou, along with boom fullback Jahream Bula, have emerged as one of the positives in an otherwise disappointing season at Concord.

Earlier this year, the Tigers had also identified a number of players free to leave at the end of the season, including forward Shawn Blore, hooker Jake Simpkin and winger David Nofoaluma.

But it’s understood the club has now had a change of heart on at least one player on that list.

Coaching staff now want Blore to see out the rest of his deal until the end of season 2024.

A number of Super League clubs, like Hull KR, had shown interest in the backrower but the Tigers are likely to reject any release offers.

Well pointed out..
This is for the argument rolled out here of how "Dominant" our pack has been....

Those claiming we're "dominant" through the middle,
obviously don't watch the likes of Fonua Blake and Fisher Harris...
They're the baseline for dominant Props.

I said it after the Cronulla game
- I saw a no name like Tom Hazelton have a far bigger impact on our defensive line than any of our "rep players" did on theirs....
Fonua Blake was cut/let go from Manly without a fight or compensation because of what he did to a major sponsor he is lower then low as a human being

Back