Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It doesn’t all come down to the halves in regard to those two.
They both have enormous deficiencies in their games. The very occasional X-factor attacking play keeps them in first grade…wrongfully.
Both are reserve graders at this stage of their careers.
Both are young players with plenty of upside and I can't see anyone available that is an upgrade on dollars paid. With incremental improvement and experience, they'll be our starting centres for the next few years unless a miracle happens. With better structures and coaching, they have the ability and athleticism to be very servicable. I'm not saying they'll be SOO level but good enough to get us into top eight.

Hey guys! Long time lurker 👀
I heard from a very reliable source that we are going after Dane Gagai from Newcastle. He still has one year to go next year but we are looking to sign him from Nov 1 hoping Newcastle will release him for next season plus 2025.
Did Benji play with him at Souths a few years ago?
When he is on he is a very good player but most 2 years and not 3

Feels like a manufactured quote, a Buzz special. He doesn't say anything like that in the article posted above
I reckon the guy is top shelf and had a real crack every week and seemed to give a shit, a lot more than some others
Feelings aren’t facts.

Unlike others I dont just spray bullshit and half truths all over the forum. When something is locked in I will make a statement. Most likely at the Podcast forum.
Then why bother, tell us what you know, or don't tell us anything... you just like to big note yourself.... I guess you get off on keeping everyone on edge...

Hey guys! Long time lurker 👀
I heard from a very reliable source that we are going after Dane Gagai from Newcastle. He still has one year to go next year but we are looking to sign him from Nov 1 hoping Newcastle will release him for next season plus 2025.
Other then him being 33 at the start of next season I think it would be a great signing. Age worries me but he has hardly missed a game through injury in his career and is known as an absolute professional so probably not an issue and would add real experience to a very young backline. I don't mind it at all. I mean he has been brilliant this year for the Knights

Dane Gagai would be a huge get. Is playing as well as he ever has. Was killing it even before Newcastle's current run of form. Interestingly he is a player we tried to sign last time his contract was up for renewal.

However, he will be 33 next year. There are a lot of miles in those legs.

Reactions: 851
Dane Gagai would be a huge get. Is playing as well as he ever has. Was killing it even before Newcastle's current run of form. Interestingly he is a player we tried to sign last time his contract was up for renewal.

However, he will be 33 next year. There are a lot of miles in those legs.
He is an ultra fit bloke for his age and a real competitor. I would happily give him a centre spot.

I think reason Justin Olam is many weeks in ressies is because he originally got injured and that gave Marion Seve his chance and he's been killing it ,in great form and with Smith and Warbrick and Coates all regular 1st graders there is no spot .Now with Papenhausen back and they will never drop their fullback Meaney .Its hard for Olam to get back
Albeit this week is exception with their top 4 locked up and half the team rested he's back this week but only for one game
IMO he's a powerful center and going thru Storm system knows defensive structures
If he's surplus to Storms needs then why can't we do a deal . I assume Jimmy Ngatlik will be right for 2024 and this guy has speed .I would love us to have a PNG edge Olam and Ngatlik ! IMO Toa is the only half decent center we have .Naden is a crock and Reilly is so so ! Although would love it if Feledy makes it in the big time .Douehi recuperation is so long don't expect him before 2025 .
So much hype on Feledy, he’s been rubbish in defence in cup. Big task coming up Friday night on his debut

I posted here a while ago that Suli was offered to us and is being shopped around by Flanagan - we said no and they're struggling to find suitors for him. (Tartak client I've come to realise)

I've heard first hand from a player within the top 30 when Suli was at the club that he was a locker room cancer and didn't take training seriously. He also wasn't a great team mate and without putting too much on the kid was not very liked by anyone in the squad. The club and players celebrated when Dogs took him from us..... which he was then moved on from within 6 months later to join Manly.... which he was then moved on later to the Dragons where he then publicly stated he never wanted to move to the club...... now Dragons are trying to get out of the deal with no real takers.... I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't wan't him back and think he'll end up in SL within the next 12 months.

Olam however, now you have my attention.
Suli sounds like the perfect fit for theDogs..

Back