Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He will shine in a team all doing there part put good half's inside him he will hit his potential I don't think he's getting a fair crack at tiger's was bought to play edge unfortunately he got injured and rightly they had to fill his spot but should of been a stop gap and let him have his shot witch personal opinion I don't think he did so if he does end up elsewhere I wish you all the best kid
Based on his ability, what he showed 2nd half of season & his attitude, no way Benji would not want to re-sign him unless his manager is asking for above what the club currently value him (like Twal) or Benji wants to play him middle and he wants an edge.

My money is he extends! I'm just using a common sense approach as we don't have any players with his impact in A or D.

I'll take your word that Mam had caught the eye, but he didn't make his first grade debut until round 11 last year, so it would have taken a brave soul to call him out as a (nearly) premiership winning / Clive Churchill medal half. Be like us making that declaration of Latu Fainu. We can only hope!
He has always been the stand-up of his age group. Player of the carnival at schoolboys championship all that type of stuff. But then in 2021 he dominated reggies winning the QRL rookie of the year.
Not quite the same as claiming the same for Fainu, he hasn't done it against men yet. But tbh I see a similar ability except that Fainu won't be playing in as dominant a team as Mam has had around him.

I can understand why Sheens referred to Bateman as the “domino he wanted to fall”. He‘s a pigheaded uncompromising pommy who could have ignited something in our depressed players. He may just do that in 24?
True,

But with visa delays he wasn't here in the off season.

He may a very useful rev up this off season.

And his edge defence is good.

I love Twaly, but this decision, on the back of the clubs decision to release him only 1 month back shows to me the club has no strategic thinking behind its recruiting. They make things up as they go along. I thought Fulton was supposed to be a recruitment guru....dumb, dumb dumb...
I'd suggest the club always knew what they were doing. Likely scenario to me is:
Twal asks for extension. Club offers a contract at reduced value. Manager says that its not enough and if they can't increase he will be looking elsewhere. Club says if that's how you feel you're welcome to look. Looks elsewhere and can't get an improved offer. Takes offer that Tigers had put forth.

I'd suggest the club always knew what they were doing. Likely scenario to me is:
Twal asks for extension. Club offers a contract at reduced value. Manager says that its not enough and if they can't increase he will be looking elsewhere. Club says if that's how you feel you're welcome to look. Looks elsewhere and can't get an improved offer. Takes offer that Tigers had put forth.

Twal asks for extension. Club offers a contract at reduced value. Manager says that its not enough and if they can't increase he will be looking elsewhere. Club says if that's how you feel you're welcome to look. Looks elsewhere and can't get an improved offer. Takes offer that Tigers had put fo
Are we that smart?...hope so, but not convinced

Just on keppie.

It was a benji call to prioritise twal over keppie.

Personally, I question the recruitment decisions as keppie brings aggression to the pack.

Apparently this review will result in benji getting more power. Also questionable, but will die on hos sword.

Just on keppie.

It was a benji call to prioritise twal over keppie.

Personally, I question the recruitment decisions as keppie brings aggression to the pack.

Apparently this review will result in benji getting more power. Also questionable, but will die on hos sword.
I thought Twal had a great year with big improvement in his game. I am happy he has stayed on a more modest contract.

True,

But with visa delays he wasn't here in the off season.

He may a very useful rev up this off season.

And his edge defence is good.
Bateman is a great hole runner and we just weren't able to do it in most of our games this year. I would expect Fainu or Sullivan to get our backrowers into more gaps with their silky hands and Sezar to lessen their defensive workload if he gets them more repeat sets with a superior kicking game to our former half.

Agreed, however we need more aggression and impact which keppie brings. Souths we're happy enough
I haven't seen much aggression from Keppie.
Saw a lot of errors though.

This is a good result.

As for aggression,
Klem & Stef are def capable - hopefully they can deliver what is needed.

Also like to see Fonua become our Leinu, from the bench.

Also Seyfarth, he's a firey player.
Don't forget when he staunched Kikau.
& Bateman Iooks keen to stand up to anyone.

I haven't seen much aggression from Keppie.
Saw a lot of errors though.

This is a good result.

As for aggression,
Klem & Stef are def capable - hopefully they can deliver what is needed.

Also like to see Fonua become our Leinu, from the bench.

Also Seyfarth, he's a firey player.
Don't forget when he staunched Kikau.
& Bateman Iooks keen to stand up to anyone.

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for last years squad to turn it around.

Back