Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think adding him and Suli would really sharpen our backline.

Suli will go well being around his friends and with Benji showing belief in him, he'll be a different player.
I just love how hard Olam runs. It’s insane. Suli - can have a brain explosion

He’s got a bachelor in applied physics….

Reckon he’s got more between the ears than 95% of the NRL…
Certainly anyone in this team.
Did not know that, funny how we pre judge people without having a clue. Got to be well above average to take on physics

But GNR was not talking about Benji being in his prime, he was talking about him in a derogatory manner and saying that he was Chad Townsend like when he came back.

My comment was that I would have taken Chad Townsend the last 2 seasons in comparison to what we have had served up in the halves these last 2 seasons, nothing to do with Benji being in his prime, which of course he has not been in for the last 2 seasons.

I know some will say that in the 2022 season we had Hastings, but in my opinion he played his best for us in the # 13, so in fact he did not play half back for us all season and then add suspension and injury time to that he only managed to play 16 games for the season.

In any case we still only managed to win 4 games while we had him and does in no way compare to what Chad Townsend was able to do with the Cowboys in 2022 where he led them in 26 games for 18 wins coming 3rd and just falling a game short of playing in the Grand Final.

Not a bad achievement after they had not made the finals for the 4 seasons prior to this and some, if not much of the credit was attributed to Townsend's leadership.
I don’t think if we had Cleary, Cherry Evans or Reynolds in the half’s West Tigers would have made the top 8
I find it strange when people wrap or bag individuals for a teams achievements or failures over a season.
It’s a Team game (13+ players)
The Cowboys made the finals in 2022 because of their Team not any one individual.
The Tigers won the comp in 2005 because the Team jelled
not because of Benji or Scott Prince
My statement was about 2 individuals in their prime and who I considered the better player.

I hope so - imo he’s a much better prospect than Xavier Wilson. Personally would love both.

If we’ve got him - maybe that’s why the Blore trade rumours are coming back out because he’d most likely take Blore’s spot and imo deservingly so he’s that good this kid.

If we get both Finefuiaki and Olam for Blore then that’s a win overall for the club …..
I think he was why they wanted Twal gone. Maybe it fell through and that's why Twal is staying. Can't be sure but I thought it was pretty close to a done deal.

Reactions: 851
I hope so - imo he’s a much better prospect than Xavier Wilson. Personally would love both.

If we’ve got him - maybe that’s why the Blore trade rumours are coming back out because he’d most likely take Blore’s spot and imo deservingly so he’s that good this kid.

If we get both Finefuiaki and Olam for Blore then that’s a win overall for the club …..
Everytime ive seen Xavier, nothing he has done has made me think this guy would be good at the Tigers,
Exactly the opposite, think he would be a waste of money.

I don’t think if we had Cleary, Cherry Evans or Reynolds in the half’s West Tigers would have made the top 8
I find it strange when people wrap or bag individuals for a teams achievements or failures over a season.
The Cowboys made the finals in 2022 because of their Team not any one individual.
My statement was about 2 individuals in their prime and who I considered the better player.
Fair enough, whatever you think, but my statement was about my preference being to have had Chad Townsend in 2022 and 2023 playing in our halves over the halves combinations that we rolled out that had no clue about how to produce a result once we were in the oppositions red zone.

Never said anything about making the 8, just that I think we would have got better than 4 wins with Townsend in the halves.

It was a response to a derogatory comment made referencing Chad Townsend inferring that he was at best a pretty ordinary half, and my point being that as ordinary as he may be he still would have been better than what we had.

This had nothing what so ever to do with whether Chad Townsend or Benji Marshall was the better player in their prime, and just for the record, Benji wins that hands down but that was Benji at his best a long time ago.

Last edited:
That's true.

But with the exception of a handful of matches the disorganisation from our halves actually became a handicap.

Was a Brooks fan but he had his worst ever year thus year.

Our teamwork in attack was painful to watch.

You take Benji or Prince out of that 05 side and they likely don’t even make the 8.

Bro the guy is washed… Bellamy hooked him for the backend of the season & the finals series & he’s been dropped for PNG as well
Am I in the twilight Zone??

We need an experienced Center and we need to toughen up our back row.
Justin Olam fits that bill perfectly and I would love to have him in our side.

Now people are talking up Shawn Blore.
Wow Shawn Blore who fronted a Parra player who looked big, has done Nothing for us since really.

Is Blore the next big hope for the tigers? Should we try him at Halfback for 10+ years and see if he magically finds form. Seyfarth has done more for us on the field and yea while I wish they played Blore more, meh. Meh, I don't care which one we keep. Players like Twal and Fonua Pole are far higher priority.

I would take Olam in a heartbeat. Melbourne Culture, works hard, Wild PNG heart and adds defensive grit to our backline.

Where do we sign?

I largely agree.

Cleary gets a lot of space from the Penrith forward pack. 2023, we may have made the 8. 2022 if we had Cleary here instead of Brooks/Hastings we would struggle past 14. Likewise Reynolds who doesn't do as much in defense.

DCE is used to running tries through and pushing a team. He is more like Andrew Johns in this respect. to your point:

It's 13 players on the field with 17 in total.

2005 we won because as you say the team Gelled. Benji/Prince could get the ball out where it needed to be. Benji would go it himself often and with devistating results due to touch footy magic.

Yet;
Pat Richards knew where to be to catch that pass. (and turned into something else even better on his return)
Brett Hodgson could keep the ball alive at the back and fill gaps.
Forward pack held their own against a Giant Cowboys squad.

Individuals can win a game, teams win finals.

Am I in the twilight Zone??

We need an experienced Center and we need to toughen up our back row.
Justin Olam fits that bill perfectly and I would love to have him in our side.

Now people are talking up Shawn Blore.
Wow Shawn Blore who fronted a Parra player who looked big, has done Nothing for us since really.

Is Blore the next big hope for the tigers? Should we try him at Halfback for 10+ years and see if he magically finds form. Seyfarth has done more for us on the field and yea while I wish they played Blore more, meh. Meh, I don't care which one we keep. Players like Twal and Fonua Pole are far higher priority.

I would take Olam in a heartbeat. Melbourne Culture, works hard, Wild PNG heart and adds defensive grit to our backline.

Where do we sign?
He's been one of our best over last ten game's more impact than any other forward besides seyfarth not sure what games you were watching mate

Latest posts

Back