Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Heard something today from someone close to the club that they believe Justin Olam will be here come round 1 next year. Take of that what you will.

They also said something about a kid by the name of Israel Leota from Brisbane - apparently he’s one of the brightest winger prospects in the QLD cup. He’s contracted til end of 2025 but may be pushing for a release for a more likely FG opportunity here in 2024-2025. Could be one to look out for as he has all of Cobbo, Arthars, Oates, Staggs and Mariner in front of him.

Regarding the Luai situation, the situation has always been the same. The club would like to see how both Sullivan and Fainu are throughout preseason before officially putting forward an offer. All the talk that a deal is done I can confidently say are false. However, that’s not to say the club aren’t intrigued. Far from it actually.

Yup...I can get on board that.

ISRAEL LEOTA

Position: Centre/wing

One of Brisbane’s top prospects is Leota, an Ipswich Grammar graduate and state level volleyball player who the Broncos lured back to rugby league from rugby union and Aussie rules.

It has been 13 years since Israel Folau soared in a Broncos and Maroons jersey, and now Brisbane’s next ‘Izzy’ is ready to launch his NRL career.

Cross-code superstar Karmichael Hunt has been coaching Leota at Souths-Logan and said he was a tremendous athlete.

“He is a really athletic, tall outside back who is growing into his frame,” Hunt said.

Broncos young gun Israel Leota mimics Israel Folau’s Origin acrobatics.

Broncos young gun Israel Leota mimics Israel Folau’s Origin acrobatics.

“He played league, rugby and volleyball. He has been an elite athlete through the juniors.

“I had him in the Mal Meninga Cup last year and he is a really good ball-carrier with tremendous speed.

“He’s actually got the quickest 40m time at the Broncos across all age groups from juniors to first grade. He has got some really wonderful athletic attributes.

“He made his Hostplus Cup debut for us this year and we’re looking to get more games into him in the near future to develop him.”

Hunt has been overseeing some of the Broncos’ top youngsters over the past two years.

He coached Leota and hooker Blake Mozer in Souths-Logan’s victorious under-18 Mal Meninga Cup team last year and has been watching Te Kura step up in the Hostplus Cup this season.

Sure he is dying to play for wests tigers.

Been told that Lee & Fulton will be let go after yesterday’s meeting & the club will be backing Benji all the way (hence Fulton being let go) Whether it happens or not is a different story but thought i’d share here.
If that‘s true, could Pascoe be next?

Been told that Lee & Fulton will be let go after yesterday’s meeting & the club will be backing Benji all the way (hence Fulton being let go) Whether it happens or not is a different story but thought i’d share here.
I hope "Been Told" is accurate with his information.

You are not serious surely. Fulton has just arrived. This is a new record, even for us.

I completely agree,i have no idea if Fulton will be a boost or a hindrance but he has barely got his feet under the table and got decent young players to the club.
It would be a new low for me if the cretins on the board removed him without even giving him a chance.Lee on the other hand can go asap

I wonder how the Fainu brothers will feel about this if true… Wasn’t it only because of their relationship with him that they came to the tigers?

I completely agree,i have no idea if Fulton will be a boost or a hindrance but he has barely got his feet under the table and got decent young players to the club.
It would be a new low for me if the cretins on the board removed him without even giving him a chance.Lee on the other hand can go asap
Not to mention the payout . But if it’s true that’s 2 clubs in the space of a year he’s had a massive falling out with .
I know it’s us and manly , but yea , for all the good he does he sure does kill the culture . They’ve obviously decided that the drama isn’t worth it .
I don’t think this will be the outcome though . I’d be shocked actually

Not to mention the payout . But if it’s true that’s 2 clubs in the space of a year he’s had a massive falling out with .
I know it’s us and manly , but yea , for all the good he does he sure does kill the culture . They’ve obviously decided that the drama isn’t worth it .
I don’t think this will be the outcome though . I’d be shocked actually
Won’t happen, can you imagine the backlash from Hadley.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back