Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Been told that Lee & Fulton will be let go after yesterday’s meeting & the club will be backing Benji all the way (hence Fulton being let go) Whether it happens or not is a different story but thought i’d share here.
I hope you are half right. Lee has to go but I see no merit in getting rid of a recruitment manager after he has recruited players from an agent loyal to him.about the dumbest thing you could do.

I'm amazed some support Fulton. He is a germ. Who would accept that job without meeting with the coach/head of football first? Only an arrogant nob would. He then set about a slander campaign through a player manager and Peter Peter's trying to undermine Benji.

He is the definition of the type we have to eliminate at the club.

Through his dads mates, he was hailed as the best in the business when we signed him, only for us to later find out he has never even had this type of role before. Zero history in leading the recruitment at a club.

He targets only Islanders. You can't have a squad full of islanders just like you can't fill the squad with all Caucasians.

He has to go and when he does ill be over the moon (obviously)

I'm amazed some support Fulton. He is a germ. Who would accept that job without meeting with the coach/head of football first? Only an arrogant nob would. He then set about a slander campaign through a player manager and Peter Peter's trying to undermine Benji.

Through his dads mates, he was hailed as the best in the business when we signed him, only for us to later find out he has never even had this type of role before. Zero history in leading the recruitment at a club.

He targets only Islanders. You can't have a squad full of islanders just like you can't fill the squad with all Caucasians.

I don't know if people are supporting him or simply saying it's a strange chain of events that will open the club to bulk ridicule to arrive at this point.

(If it's true of course. It is only a forum rumour)

I hope you are half right. Lee has to go but I see no merit in getting rid of a recruitment manager after he has recruited players from an agent loyal to him.about the dumbest thing you could do.
Which is why it is the most likely thing that Wests Tigers would do. 🤡

But on a serious note, you can count on 3 things in life, death, taxes and that Fulton and Lee will be at Wests Tigers next year. :ROFLMAO:

I'd say we'll be hearing about plenty of signings for '25 and contract extensions from later this week now the NRL has got its big draw announcement out of the way.

Remember the new 10-day rule is in where current club has 10 days to re-negotiate once a player has agreed to a contract with another club. So really if a player agrees to a contract on 1 Nov, we won't hear about it until 2 weeks later.
Approximately how many do you consider plenty? How many players across the whole comp can you recall signing this time last year for 2024? I think us making 2 big name signings in Nov/Dec 2021 for the 23 season distorts the reality of how often this happens. I also believe that was an over active market due to the Dolphins entering the competition.

Approximately how many do you consider plenty? How many players across the whole comp can you recall signing this time last year for 2024? I think us making 2 big name signings in Nov/Dec 2021 for the 23 season distorts the reality of how often this happens. I also believe that was an over active market due to the Dolphins entering the competition.
Let me rephrase, plenty of signings for '25 and contract extensions across the NRL (not just us) from this week until end of pre-season.

Yep lost me when he didn't shut down Peter Peter's airing stuff that was clearly bias and damaging to the coach and club. Stinks of self interest - exactly why it seems Manly were happy to rid themselves of all associated with the name.

Let me rephrase, plenty of signings for '25 and contract extensions across the NRL (not just us) from this week until end of pre-season.
Yeah several extensions probably.

But I highly doubt there will be many clubs announcing new signings. Last summer there were only the 3 players (that i can think of) that were signed and all 3 were from outside the NRL, 2 Poms to Knights and Xerri to Dogs. Then there was the very late in the preseason player swap that saw the Knights pick up Lachie Miller.

There were a handful the previous summer. Just off the top of my head there was Api, Papali'i, Smith, Metcalf and several Dolphins so it is not without precedent, however as I said earlier I believe the Dolphins distorted the market that season.

Been told that Lee & Fulton will be let go after yesterday’s meeting & the club will be backing Benji all the way (hence Fulton being let go) Whether it happens or not is a different story but thought i’d share here.
Looking at these separately. I agree that Lee should step aside as Chairman for the betterment of the club but, if it fits within the Board structure, maybe he can stay on the Board as an independent director. Or maybe the situation would be untenable.

I would hope if Fulton is moved on, it is an 'amicable' separation with legal protection, otherwise we face a significant media backlash AGAIN!

The only possibilities are a significant pay out with a non-disclosure agreement (like Sheens) including to player managers. Or whether the review has uncovered something untoward in his dealings which warrants dismissal (i.e. constant leaks to media, knifing members of staff etc etc) and he has to go quietly.

Regardless to remove two senior members of board/admin usually requires someone with backbone, respect and strength to lead the club through it. Not sure who that would be to front the members, fans, media, managers etc.

But I highly doubt there will be many clubs announcing new signings. Last summer there were only the 3 players (that i can think of) that were signed and all 3 were from outside the NRL, 2 Poms to Knights and Xerri to Dogs. Then there was the very late in the preseason player swap that saw the Knights pick up Lachie Miller.

There were a handful the previous summer. Just off the top of my head there was Api, Papali'i, Smith, Metcalf and several Dolphins so it is not without precedent, however as I said earlier I believe the Dolphins distorted the market that season.
Not surprising considering that had to sign an entire squad.

Good research @gregjm87 yes mainly extensions I would think or new signings for players who either would be getting significantly more $$$ at a new club or likely to get a better opportunity to progress.

I wonder how the Fainu brothers will feel about this if true… Wasn’t it only because of their relationship with him that they came to the tigers?
They’ll be kicking stones, playing the mental health card to get out asap…Also, 100% Gus is lurking waiting to pounce

Looking at these separately. I agree that Lee should step aside as Chairman for the betterment of the club but, if it fits within the Board structure, maybe he can stay on the Board as an independent director. Or maybe the situation would be untenable.

I would hope if Fulton is moved on, it is an 'amicable' separation with legal protection, otherwise we face a significant media backlash AGAIN!

The only possibilities are a significant pay out with a non-disclosure agreement (like Sheens) including to player managers. Or whether the review has uncovered something untoward in his dealings which warrants dismissal (i.e. constant leaks to media, knifing members of staff etc etc) and he has to go quietly.

Regardless to remove two senior members of board/admin usually requires someone with backbone, respect and strength to lead the club through it. Not sure who that would be to front the members, fans, media, managers etc.
To me, the only issue with Lee is his big mouth….if the Board gave him a clear ultimatum, stay and shut your mouth…I’d prefer he stays….if he goes so does our major sponsor

Is Lee an employee? I thought his position would have been a vote situation and are we talking as chair or off the board completely?
I don’t like the idea of letting Fulton go, it makes us look like idiots again, we only just hired him, made a fuss about him being a gun, and that’s why we did it without the coaches knowledge to make sure we we got this gun recruiter before anyone else.
Or did they just do it to get the Fainu boys? If so that’s ruthless biz I like it but will the Fainus, maybe not, so maybe we need to make sure they are locked in bcoz it will be Fulton who once they start winning nrl games.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back