Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not exactly. The only thing that prevented Bennett from signing with Tigers is they wanted him to start 2019 and he wasn't willing to back out of his Broncos deal, even though Broncos were not going to renew him after 2019.

If Tigers had agreed to sign Bennett from 2020 and forced Cleary to stay on for one more year, or hire a caretaker, assuming history at Broncos played out the same way, Bennett would then have been sacked in Dec 2018 and suddenly available.

As it was, Tigers decided they couldn't afford to wait until 2020 and moved to sign Maguire in October 2020.

For Souths, Seibold signed with Broncos starting 2020, and he didn't go early until Bennett was sacked. At that point Souths were left without a coach and Bennett basically fell into their lap.

BTW Bennett has said all of the above in public.
Almost had Bellamy , almost had Bennett. Instead our coaching is made up of Jason Taylor and Madge :(

Not exactly. The only thing that prevented Bennett from signing with Tigers is they wanted him to start 2019 and he wasn't willing to back out of his Broncos deal, even though Broncos were not going to renew him after 2019.

If Tigers had agreed to sign Bennett from 2020 and forced Cleary to stay on for one more year, or hire a caretaker, assuming history at Broncos played out the same way, Bennett would then have been sacked in Dec 2018 and suddenly available.

As it was, Tigers decided they couldn't afford to wait until 2020 and moved to sign Maguire in October 2020.

For Souths, Seibold signed with Broncos starting 2020, and he didn't go early until Bennett was sacked. At that point Souths were left without a coach and Bennett basically fell into their lap.

BTW Bennett has said all of the above in public.
Good Memory

Rugby league is a funny game.
So according to the latest FOX article we’ve got Scott Fulton meeting with AFB in Haberfield Rowers last Thursday, meanwhile Benji is meeting with Luai over the past month.
Divide and conquer?
Also Warriors won’t release AFB a season early however are signing Capewell to a three year deal and are expecting the Broncos to release him early to them?
🤔
Do we not have offices to conduct business at HQ?
Seriously, why are we conducting negotiations at pubs/restaurants and in the public eye and then people complain that it is leaked.
This is not just us but all NRL clubs.
Just shows the lack of professionalism in NRL negotiations.
No different to negotiation signing for Campbelltown City or Picton Magpies :)
Lets discuss the contract offer over a beer/bottle of wine and a chicken parma in the bistro for everyone to see.

Do we not have offices to conduct business at HQ?
Seriously, why are we conducting negotiations at pubs/restaurants and in the public eye and then people complain that it is leaked.
This is not just us but all NRL clubs.
Just shows the lack of professionalism in NRL negotiations.
No different to negotiation signing for Campbelltown City or Picton Magpies :)
Lets discuss the contract offer over a beer/bottle of wine and a chicken parma in the bistro for everyone to see.
Fox have journalists camped at Concord most days. Actually less likely to be seen/papped by media at Haberfield Rowers than Concord

Reactions: 851
Once a week, the WT content team should do a Member’s Update with the CEO & Head of Football at the desk hosted by Chris Warren. 5-10 min clip of what’s news at the club the past week including putting to bed any false stories. Pascoe could talk about where Community dept has gone, what Events have been held etc etc, Betsey could update what squad has been doing, injury report, quash any rumours etc etc.

Plenty of interesting content even if no media stories to allay. No not Ask The Boss over 50 mins, just a concise update over 5-10 mins.
Wonderful idea!!

So many people and media feel Luai is signing with the WT… i personally think he will stay with Penrith…all they need to do is come up with more 3rd party deals…this is playing out the same as Moses and Mitchell when they were heavily linked to the WT…and we all know how they ended
Luai will get third party deals here too. And I doubt he plays origin again even if he does stay at penrith. I feel like he wants a new challenge and new environment. His childhood club and playing under Benji is very appealing I think

this is what is saw on facebook a few days ago .. no sure of it's authentication .. ??

Attachments

• IMG_3572.jpg
    IMG_3572.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 54
And that is a gamble, at this stage.
Playing for big bucks is the big drawing card. The contract after next could be anything, but if Luai were to come on a million and fail, he only has to look at Brooks who was on a million and has somehow thieved Manly 700K for 4 years

Playing for big bucks is the big drawing card. The contract after next could be anything, but if Luai were to come on a million and fail, he only has to look at Brooks who was on a million and has somehow thieved Manly 700K for 4 years
I hope that’s not our sales pitch, we’ll make you the next Luke Brooks, adored by the masses.

Reactions: 851
Luai will get third party deals here too. And I doubt he plays origin again even if he does stay at penrith. I feel like he wants a new challenge and new environment. His childhood club and playing under Benji is very appealing I think
Heard it all before

In regards to Bennett, given how prickly he is with club administration, the way he clashed with Bronco officials, can you imagine him here? The reason why I doubt he would have ever come here, regardless of his availability.

WT considering hiring Michael Cheika is 50/50 there.

As Benji taking the reins, doesn't have an old head to lean back on.

Preferably i'd hire someone within in the League with greater NRL experience.

Back