Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’m as big of a fan of Richo fan as anyone, but we can’t pretend he came in and waved a magic wand and got us Luai. Negotiations would have been way down the line once he got here. At least 90% of the job would have been done. He was the one who just signed off on it, and it’s probably the reason he pulled the pin on AFB. Because we had Luai in the bag.
I’ve got a bit of a different view on this. Not saying I’m right, but I feel Richo is the reason it is where it is.

We had heard the negotiations were taking place for upwards of 3 weeks. Maybe even at a stand still.

After his press conference on Tuesday, most of us here would have run through a brick wall for Richo based on what he delivered.

Imagine sitting across from the guy as Jarome Luai, listening to what his plans are and how Jarome himself is central to what they’re doing. Not only do we believe in you, we’re going to pay you well on top of that.

Jarome is a guy who Richo has rated for years and now finally has the chance to nab him, it’s genuine concrete interest in the player and the person and what they bring.

I think Richo is the sole reason things moved so quickly. He’s not even slated to start until the second week of January but made it a personal mission of his to get in front of Jarome and his management

The writing is on the wall for what type of CEO we now have, and he said it himself:

“It’s not about what you say, it’s about what you do”.

Don't wanna be too hard on the guy, I know some thought he was promising.

I never saw it...
Wasn't the player we needed.

I'm hopeful Solomon Alaimalo impresses though.
Got a positive gut feeling about Alaimalo( based on his highlights only)...could be a great signing.. straight swap for Nofo.. the kid looks like he can run.. let's hope he can tackle..🫣

Got a positive gut feeling about Alaimalo( based on his highlights only)...could be a great signing.. straight swap for Nofo.. the kid looks like he can run.. let's hope he can tackle..🫣
Physically, he's a weapon.
Tall & looks fast.

Keen to see how he goes.
Hopeful Nofo is shown the door.

As @240z mentioned the other day, I think
the club is grooming him 4 centre. Want
his hands on the ball. Still a long way out
before a ball is kicked off but probably right

I watched him train on Monday and he is a big man - very similar as you said to Manu. If he gets good ball he will crate chaos for opposition defences
Like to see him on the wing, outside Tupou.
That could prove to be quite the pairing.

His highlights was just him running right through teams, albeit the weak defenders of union.. I could see him also running riot against league opposition.

Hopefully another Tuiaki, come from nowhere, hectic signing.

So with Reiley being released how many spots are available in our top 30? And who do use think will take his spot in the top 30

Like to see him on the wing, outside Tupou.
That could prove to be quite the pairing.

His highlights was just him running right through teams, albeit the weak defenders of union.. I could see him also running riot against league opposition.

Hopefully another Tuiaki, come from nowhere, hectic signing.

Formidable combo, but I'd like to see Junior
play right centre, his original pozzie,
and Solomon on the the left where he plays 2.
We're all just guessing, it's still early days..
But I'd like to see elusive runners like him
& June at centre and flyers like staines and
maybe even Starford on the wings.
A lot of his play was working in tandem
with Damien McKenzie (All Black). He will
be wasted on the wing. I know they're only
highlights but he fancies the middle & centre
channel, working with his half & supporting
play. Think he'll impress a lot of members

Formidable combo, but I'd like to see Junior
play right centre, his original pozzie,
and Solomon on the the left where he plays 2.
We're all just guessing, it's still early days..
But I'd like to see elusive runners like him
& June at centre and flyers like staines and
maybe even Starford on the wings.
A lot of his play was working in tandem
with Damien McKenzie (All Black). He will
be wasted on the wing. I know they're only
highlights but he fancies the middle & centre
channel, working with his half & supporting
play. Think he'll impress a lot of members
That's another option I'm really liking the sound of...

Toa or Naden on the wing...

Lobb and Casey always an option too?

Nofo needs to go tho.

Back