Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

AllG man.

Check out the new guys highlights

Looks impressive.

2024, onward and upward.
2025, look out though.
He definitely looks the goods ay mate hopefully he can carve up for us, we definitely need a good solid outside back.
@KingRobbie thanks for that mate I thought we had a thread for it I'm just not very smart and couldn't find it. Appreciate it heaps mate

That's another option I'm really liking the sound of...

Toa or Naden on the wing...

Lobb and Casey always an option too?

Nofo needs to go tho.

Willet as the season goes on could be a smokey if Benji plans to give kids a crack next year with the focus on 25/26. From everything have heard & seen the kid is one heck of a talent mixed with speed.

Willet as the season goes on could be a smokey if Benji plans to give kids a crack next year with the focus on 25/26. From everything have heard & seen the kid is one heck of a talent mixed with speed.
Hope so

He looks the real deal.
With some muscle and development, we could have a star waiting in the wings with that kid too.

I think it's all going to fall into place for us over the next few years, if all goes to plan.

Anyway in terms of a contractā€¦.there needs to be an offer, with consideration, and acceptance. If this eventuates then there is a contract in place. Though there may not be any signatures or documentation. Fwiw. This maybe an issue in future? Though different Denis Bendal may ring a bell. Excuse my spelling am having a few!

This is Brent reads quote from twitter from 1 hour ago (not sure if itā€™s been posted)

ā€˜Re: Tigers and Luai. Yes, they are now strong favourites to get him but nothing has been signed and Bulldogs have been told they are still in with a hope.ā€™
Hope is goodā€¦. Still a chanceā€¦saw that in a movie onceā€¦the guy truly believed! Think it was called Dumb & Dumber.

AllG man.

Check out the new guys highlights

Looks impressive.

2024, onward and upward.
2025, look out though.
I'm impressed with his tries scored in games played. If he can tackle too, it's happy days.

For sure bro. Haven't discounted Nado def
in the mix and training well. Lobb'ster has
a real chance too bro. Especially given his
combo with bud. Really good 2 have these
types of convos. Who knows what Benj &
the coaching staff have up their sleeves
We wonā€™t see lobb until after round 12 . Dev/ train and trial . I can easily see the new guy round 1 . Especially with nofa torpedoing his career .

Back where they donā€™t need to tackle so well. So was he in the top 30?
The few times in first grade he showed he could tackle and with some venom. Actually showed up better in defence than attack. Best defensive back when starting against manly.

The few times in first grade he showed he could tackle and with some venom. Actually showed up better in defence than attack. Best defensive back when starting against manly.
I seen him play a few times in ressies I think he missed 8,6, and 6 tackles in three games, but I must admit he did get better in D, unlike others. He must have been really trying to get better behind the scenes and itā€™s probably a shame we couldnā€™t have gotten rid of others that donā€™t improve like Flippers, Nof and Simplekin. Reilly was probably just easier to move on and free up cap space. I reckon he go well in union, ā€œthe running gameā€ not the defending game.

Anyone hearing anything on Noffa? Last I heard he was being shopped around to Super League clubs. Cheers

These stories thatā€™s are in the public domain.

Do get pushed by player managers, trying ti control narratives or manipulate public perception.

History does show this, especially when players are agitating for a release, but for a release with no loss of income.

The difference here is that we donā€™t or wonā€™t take any of his contract on the books if he goes. Where we have with others in the past.

Heā€™s long odds to be here round 1. Itā€™s been made clear to him that he is lower in the pecking order, and his manager is looking to look after his client, so planting a story here or there, to ensure tigers do everything they can to get him off the books is good managing. (Scummy game, but good if youā€™re the client, looking for a place that wants you without the decrease in income).

Really not too different to the tigers and olam. Melb did want us to heavily subsidise not only his contract, but also play blore to go there.

Let the tug of war play out.

Still plenty of water to go under the bridge before round 1.

Reactions: 851

Do get pushed by player managers, trying ti control narratives or manipulate public perception.

History does show this, especially when players are agitating for a release, but for a release with no loss of income.

The difference here is that we donā€™t or wonā€™t take any of his contract on the books if he goes. Where we have with others in the past.

Heā€™s long odds to be here round 1. Itā€™s been made clear to him that he is lower in the pecking order, and his manager is looking to look after his client, so planting a story here or there, to ensure tigers do everything they can to get him off the books is good managing. (Scummy game, but good if youā€™re the client, looking for a place that wants you without the decrease in income).

Really not too different to the tigers and olam. Melb did want us to heavily subsidise not only his contract, but also play blore to go there.

The only issues are which club wants a 3rd string wingera(thats how the 17th ream rates him)nd how much are they willing to pay
We paid 400 of Mbyes Dragons 800kcontract,and this is not disimiliar,ecept it's 2 years
Frankly that's a cost we need to incur of doing business and getting his attitude out of the joint

The only issues are which club wants a 3rd string wingera(thats how the 17th ream rates him)nd how much are they willing to pay
We paid 400 of Mbyes Dragons 800kcontract,and this is not disimiliar,ecept it's 2 years
Frankly that's a cost we need to incur of doing business and getting his attitude out of the joint

I get itā€™s a tricky one.

If we crumble and lose $2-300k out of the cap by subsiding his next deal. It will affect us over the Next few years.

He isnā€™t the sharpest tool in the shed, so let him take care of himself.

If you are a current tigers player, and one of your team mates, turns up out of shape, puts in Minimal effort, gets pushed hard and called out because of this and then complains to an outside party rather then rectifying the issue, then Goes missing from training. How does that group feel?

And finally after agreeing to move forward and having the opportunity to start fresh. Somehow within a week breaks team standards by turning up late to training again.

There would be no respect given by current team mates.

It would be uncomfortable and untenable, letā€™s not easily discard that this does look very intentional.

Noffa has been a loyal and committed clubman, so I donā€™t disagree or disregard that fact. Unfortunately he is not willing to meet the new standards the club is driving. Irregardless of who the player is, we only want and need players who are committed 100%, I am extremely happy to see this.

An Olam for Nofa trade is the best outcome for us. Their contracts are similar and they both need a change.

Don't wanna be too hard on the guy, I know some thought he was promising.

I never saw it...
Wasn't the player we needed.

I'm hopeful Solomon Alaimalo impresses though.
Yep. Reilly had some good instincts in attack, how to hit a hole and straighten up,, nice tackling technique but doesnā€™t ā€œloveā€ the contact from what I observed

Back