Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

As Mitch Moses would say 100%!…..clearly any media that is predicting the Tigers to finish last has NFI….our roster is significantly stronger than the Dragons
You could argue that a lot recently, yet they somehow get us.
You have to beat your peers and they are certainly in our bucket at the arse end of the draw.

thank you. Laulili'i is a freak, just a different body shape to the other two. built low to the ground and extremely quick and strong for his size. think a smaller Brian To'o but quicker across the park with more skill with ball in hand. does need to work on his defence though.

just imagine. 2026/27 we have a backline of Bula, Craig, Makasini, Large and Laulili'i, with Fainu/Galvin and Luai in the halves. I'm not sure it'll happen given we might lose a couple to rival clubs or codes, but if we manage to hold onto them, holy hell.
Won't their futures be dependent on how they are coached ?

Won't their futures be dependent on how they are coached ?
depends on who you ask.

for me personally, talented kids need to be man managed more than anything once they hit first grade. if the system is good enough and the culture is strong, they would have been taught the necessary skills and developed properly to fit seamlessly into the first grade structures.

Penrith is the key example. the kids that come into grade don't look out of place because they've been taught the structures from age 15 upwards and the players drive the standards.

some things they will learn from elite first grade coaching and training, playing and from their teammates, but ultimately they possess the talent to have been identified and pushed through. look at Wayne Bennett, his structures are simple and straightforward but his team's performances are built on effort and desire.

some need more coaching/managing than others, but the super talents (in this instance Large, Makasini, L. Laulili'i, L. Fainu, Galvin) typically just need time in a first grade setting, man managing and conditioning as the talent is already there.

Funny you should mention that.

Heard Ben Hunt on the radio yesterday talking up Kyle Flannigan as his halves partner for the 2024 season.
If Sloan can demonstrate commitment to his defence, he could be a solution to the Dragon's 6 vacancy.

If Sloan can demonstrate commitment to his defence, he could be a solution to the Dragon's 6 vacancy.

Possible.... But he's not the coaches son,
An arrogant coach at that, who'd be looking to prove 'all those other' coaches wrong...

Possible.... But he's not the coaches son,
An arrogant coach at that, who'd be looking to prove 'all those other' coaches wrong...
But, but, but, people on here wanted him as our coach.

I mean he was the hard nosed coach that would lift us from the bottom of the budgie cage and have us soaring with *eagles, he was the man that would attract quality players to our roster and turn everything around.

Anyway 2024 and 2025 looks like being a big shootout between our Benji and their Flanno to see who can have the most success, that is assuming they both survive that long.

Note:

*not in any way is this a reference to Manly Sea Eagles.

I mean he was the hard nosed coach that would lift us from the bottom of the budgie cage and have us soaring with *eagles, he was the man that would attract quality players to our roster and turn everything around.

Anyway 2024 and 2025 looks like being a big shootout between our Benji and their Flanno to see who can have the most success, that is assuming they both survive that long.

Note:

I’ve always thought of him as an overrated drug cheat myself. The Storm/Bellamy cheated, but they have won three comps since. It took a whole cocktail of peptides to turn the porch light off.

Note:

I'm not those people....
He's a pig of a Human, Who cares very little for the Welfare of the young men under his direction.
Has been caught cheating, Multiple times....

How many coaches have been 'expelled' from the game - Twice,
and still thought they're right to come back to the game?

We talk up unproven kids in the off season, why not throw a few stones too?
I'm not talking up anyone. The team and club is experiencing change - how that translates toward on field results this season is hopeful at best.

I get the distinct feeling the offloading Klemmer rumours was pure Fulton coz Fulton wanted AFB
It definitely sounds like he was trying to move on current players and attempt to recruit others without Benji’s approval.
It doesn’t sound like he was aware there is a Salary Cap we also need to abide to.

I'm not those people....
He's a pig of a Human, Who cares very little for the Welfare of the young men under his direction.
Has been caught cheating, Multiple times....

How many coaches have been 'expelled' from the game - Twice,
and still thought they're right to come back to the game?
Batboy don't hold back on what you really think.You sound like an incredible judge of human beings! I bet your close friends and family have given you the nickname " SIGMUND"!

Sorry. I.was taking about Nofa
Jury out on Douhi 2025...we have no room in the inn for halves,his preferred position..injury prone recent history coupled with mediocre foRM and inconsistent effort..unless he shows something later this season he'll be part of the clean out,good guy that he may be
When u have consecutive spoons,difficult decisions are not just expected,but demanded
Douhei should be sent to a Defensive/tackling boot camp.. a place where he is informed how to use his shoulders in a tackle and that he is allowed to contact the person carrying the ball in an aggressive manner with an aim of taking them to the ground.. AD has been the perpetrator of some of the lamest, whimpiest, most inept and ineffective attempts at taclkles I have ever seen on a rugby league field.. having him and Kepoa on the field together was an absolute disaster at times.. Kepoa sometimes actually looked like a sea lion trying to clap it’s fins together in an attempt to slap the man with the ball.. I almost died of frustration and despair at being subjected to these 2 at times last year… and then Sheens picked Kepoa at centre again the next week? Was sheens taking the piss by this stage. IT WAS HORRENDOUS, sorry for the rant but omg 😦 was it frustrating to wait all week to watch The Tigers run out with such a sense of excitement and anticipation only to witness some of the aforementioned abominations…. Now I am starting to really be excited with our prospect for this year, Cmon Tigers LFG

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back