Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Doesn't matter how aggressive they are, If they're smaller it still limits the impact
- Just from square meterage...
I don't see a Fisher Harris or a Warea Hargraeves getting dominated by small aggressive blokes...
That said - They have a place in the game...

What they need is to be used in conjunction with Dominant Impact Props....
We just don't have them, Haven't in years.... Since Gavet / Taupau maybe...

We trot out these same styled Domestic Props, Who are the same build and do the same job, the same way....
They get the meters (Sometimes) But watching the game only ever feels like they're just hanging on....
Until they're not anymore.

Fisher Harris and JWH are both small front rowers IMO. Seen JWH personally a few times, massive head, thick upper body, little legs and only just 6ft. Not sure what his stats say, but no way he is taller then 6ft. Overall he is on the smaller side, same for Harris. Both are just tough bastards.

Fisher Harris and JWH are both small front rowers IMO. Seen JWH personally a few times, massive head, thick upper body, little legs and only just 6ft. Not sure what his stats say, but no way he is taller then 6ft. Overall he is on the smaller side, same for Harris. Both are just tough bastards.
Brown is 6’1 and 104kgs.

How big do you want him to be? That’s a solid human.

IP is like 5’7 or something.

Reactions: 851
I hear in the media all the time that they expect him to want to be a Head Coach

Bennett at the Tigers in any capacity would be incredible.
Did Bennett work for the Rabbits while Richo was there? Or did he play some part in getting Bennett there?

Riccho was there when Bennett joined. Whether he played a part of getting him there I don’t know.
Could be something to the rumour then. Richo is a bit old school like Bennett, so maybe they both see it as a way to run things without the hassle of new age management getting in the way.

JWH is well over 6ft...
JFH isn't as Tall, But a monster....

Could be something to the rumour then. Richo is a bit old school like Bennett, so maybe they both see it as a way to run things without the hassle of new age management getting in the way.
Bennett has said he wouldn’t move back to Sydney, although if he is gonna change his mind, Benji would be that reason why. Maybe Riccho might try and make it happen if Benji wants him but it’s wait and see.

I must be well over 6ft too then.
I meant that for other dude talking about his size soz.

Actually hang on, you’ve said you reckon JWH and JFH are small. They’re both great sizes for props.

How big do you want them to be?

Most league players aren’t historically tall like Union guys. Union props are around 6’4 these days and the second rowers are 6’7 plus.

League you only really need height on the wings. Take note Benji.

I meant that for other dude talking about his size soz.

Actually hang on, you’ve said you reckon JWH and JFH are small. They’re both great sizes for props.

How big do you want them to be?

Most league players aren’t historically tall like Union guys. Union props are around 6’4 these days and the second rowers are 6’7 plus.

League you only really need height on the wings. Take note Benji.

I'm not saying they are small. Batboy was referring to them as big front rowers, IMO they are not on the bigger side for front rowers. I didn't say they are small, just closer to the smaller side of top line front rowers. Still big men.

That - Or vision impaired...

He's listed as 6'4...
They might be a bit out, They're not half a foot out.

I've stood with him, spoken to him. Maybe I wore my heels that day. That must be it.

BTW, those stats are often fudged

I'm not saying they are small. Batboy was referring to them as big front rowers, IMO they are not on the bigger side for front rowers. I didn't say they are small, just closer to the smaller side of top line front rowers. Still big men.
So would you call them small Big Men?

My old dog I use to refer to as a large small dog.

Just want to establish those extremities.

I've stood with him, spoken to him. Maybe I wore my heels that day. That must be it.

BTW, those stats are often fudged
I played a lot of schoolboy rugby with Jared in Queensland. I am 6ft 2 (188cm) and he was always noticeably taller than me plus he was 105kg and looked like he had been cut out of clay by grade 12. He was the definition of an enormous human.

Haven't seen him in person in over 10 years but unless his spine has compressed your perceptions of height might need some significant calibration.

Another player signs with the Bulldogs immediately .. Daniel Suluka-Fifita from the Rabbitohs .. crikey they have signed a whole new club to their team for this season .. !!

I played a lot of schoolboy rugby with Jared in Queensland. I am 6ft 2 (188cm) and he was always noticeably taller than me plus he was 105kg and looked like he had been cut out of clay by grade 12. He was the definition of an enormous human.

Haven't seen him in person in over 10 years but unless his spine has compressed your perceptions of height might need some significant calibration.
JWH is a big man, well over 6 foot and weighing more than 110kgs in the latter part of his career.
JFH is a big smaller at just over 6 foot and weighing in at around 105kgs which has increased each year with natural growth.
I know Nathan Brown was weighing under 109kgs when at the Eels, looks liked he’s bulked uk a bit over the last couple of years.
I think the point is speed and aggression equals power. No point having a giant of a man that just dawdles when running ball.
There is very much a place in the game for the shorter stockier built players, but in order to be of a good standard it’s even more important for these shorter stockier ones to run the ball with speed and purpose and also have an engine big enough to fulfill their defensive requirements.

Another player signs with the Bulldogs immediately .. Daniel Suluka-Fifita from the Rabbitohs .. crikey they have signed a whole new club to their team for this season .. !!
I cannot understand why we never realise what areas need strengthening and sign players from other clubs early in the season to help strengthen us.

I'm not calling you a liar mate, all I'm saying is he wasn't much taller then me a few times I have come across him. If JWH is 6'4 or 5, then Payne Haas must be 7'2

We could have done with a big body forward that's for sure, I believe we would have the smallest forward pack going around.

Latest posts

Back