Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Have to say that I think that Kent was on the money re: salary caps and struggling clubs being penalised by having to spend a minimum of 95% of the cap, resulting in them paying more than they should on lower to middle of the road players.
This killed Madge at WT! Had four dip shits come off contract on huge dollars and only had dip shits available.

Frustrating all these years where we signed or upgraded nuffies from within the clubs lower grades to make up the numbers because no one would come here.

Destination, club be F#cked, more like devastated club.

Kent said on 360 that we look way off according to our fitness and size of our team, we look way too small after watching the trials and dominated way too easy, of course Riccio chimed in as usual saying there will be some big stories this year out of the club, I actually think Kent has a soft s ot for the Tigers but Riccio doesnt like us one bit, no more free lunches for him i guess now Lee has gone.

Kent said on 360 that we look way off according to our fitness and size of our team, we look way too small after watching the trials and dominated way too easy, of course Riccio chimed in as usual saying there will be some big stories this year out of the club, I actually think Kent has a soft s ot for the Tigers but Riccio doesnt like us one bit, no more free lunches for him i guess now Lee has gone.
I do agree with the fact we are to small across the team , this will be our downfall again this year , a couple of injuries to what big bodies that we have and our 3 spoon 🥄 will be knocking at our door

In those immortal words of champion @Geo "Expect changes.
We just have to start winning to shut these muppets up

I do agree with the fact we are to small across the team , this will be our downfall again this year , a couple of injuries to what big bodies that we have and our 3 spoon 🥄 will be knocking at our door
There is reason to believe there are weaknesses within our squad, but where does lack of size come into it ?
What positions do we lack size ?
We have a bigger than average fullback.
The combined size of our wingers is on par with most other NRL sides.
Our centres are both around 95kgs definitely not small.
I acknowledge our starting halves are lighter than most of our rivals, but halves are not generally selected based on their size.
Seyfarth is not small and around average in size for a 13.
Papali’i tips the scales at over 105kgs not a small man.
Bateman is light for a modern day back rower, but being a long term international player his lack of size shouldn’t come into question.
Api is on the small side, but again with a reputation like his lack of size shouldn’t be a factor.
Our props lack nothing in size and neither do our 3 forwards on the bench.
Kent obviously basing this opinion purely on the Dragons game where the Dragons left side of Sua, Suli and Ravalawa all damaged us with their powerful running.
Papali’i who opposed Sua is actually bigger, he simply didn’t turn up to play with the right defensive attitude. I’m confident Papali’i is too good of a player to let that happen again.
Suli is the type of player who runs hard using his big body and likes to intimidate, if the opposing defence doesn’t fight fire with fire and sit him on his backside early he will get the upper hand throughout the game. As soon as someone hits him hard he goes back into his shell.
Similar story with Ravalawa.
It had nothing to do with lack of size it was purely our players not turning up with an aggressive intent when defending.

Last edited:
There is reason to believe there are weaknesses within our squad, but where does lack of size come into it ?
I acknowledge our starting halves are lighter than most of our rivals, but halves are not generally selected based on their size.
Bateman is light for a modern day back rower, but being a long term international player his lack of size shouldn’t come into question.
Api is on the small side, but again with a reputation like his lack of size shouldn’t be a factor.
Kent obviously basing this opinion purely on the Dragons game where the Dragons left side of Sua, Suli and Ravalawa all damaged us with their powerful running.
Papali’i who opposed Sua is actually bigger, he simply didn’t turn up to play with the right defensive attitude. I’m confident Papali’i is too good of a player to let that happen again.
Suli is the type of player who runs hard using his big body and likes to intimidate, if the opposing defence doesn’t fight fire with fire and sit him on his backside early he will get the upper hand throughout the game. As soon as someone hits him hard he goes back into his shell.
It had nothing to do with lack of size it was purely our players not turning up with an aggressive intent when defending.
Size plus speed equals power. Some of our bigger guys need to learn how to come off the back fence. Pole did it for one game last year against the Raiders. Need to see some desire this year.

A half decent start before injuries hit will be so important this year. No point bringing in Luai if our best forwards are looking for the exits.
Is stef one of our best forwards? He still has a long way to go to being a top level prop imo. He hasn't even cemented himself as a permanent starter.

That's not to say he won't get there, but one of the issues we've had is paying guys like they are stars before they are.

Back on topic in regards to potential recruitment options.
When you consider we have made it pretty clear young Simpkin is not really in our long term plans, we can’t just let him go without a suitable replacement who could be a tough tackling NRL dummy half if Api misses any games.
Da Silva is a special talent, but is not ready to play 80 minutes at NRL level yet.
I believe Jazz Tavaga is on the outter at the Warriors and at age 28 still potentially has a couple of good NRL seasons left in him.
A player like him who doesn’t take a backward step and would also be a 13 option would be ideal for our bench when we are full strength. I think he’d be interested in coming now if we showed interest.
Mat Croker and Trey Mooney are young, mobile props with their best years ahead of them, both off contract at the end of 2024 and would add much needed competition to our front row stocks.
We need a solid edge back row back up option. Matt Doorey currently at the Eels played a few solid games for them at NRL last season, but he’s now well down their pecking order. It is likely he’d jump at the chance to move now with a much better chance of getting on the bench on a more regular basis.

Iam talking about bulk , if u can’t see that well then I can’t help u , just look at all the big teams they have bulk and they use it

Back