Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s no coincidence Ready wrote a massive story about Leichhardt facilities being ordinary just before we drew a packed house there. Then Richo’s on the news doubling down on threats to leave LO. It’s the government who will force us out of there unless they give it some much needed $$.
I agree 100% about it being no coincidence that Read writes the Leichhardt Oval article, but is it wise giving the game away and openly saying in a pod cast that Brent Read is a good mate.

Reactions: BZN
It’s no coincidence Ready wrote a massive story about Leichhardt facilities being ordinary just before we drew a packed house there. Then Richo’s on the news doubling down on threats to leave LO. It’s the government who will force us out of there unless they give it some much needed $$.
The government will never force us out of Leichhardt. They have no avenue to do so. We choose where we play our matches and lease the ground from council. The stadium is in good condition. The only real issue for spectators is that there could be more toilets and bars. For the club there could also be more corporate space. Neither qualifies for abandoning the ground, it's the only ground that our fans show up to. And opponents love to hate going there too.

We only have 29 players in our top 30 , ?? I think I am right .
But what I would love to see us grab a backrower , because if Bateman or papa go down our stocks our low , and I don’t think our kids our up to it either ,
Definitely only 29 players currently in our top 30.
Urgently needing a review of some of our players currently in our top 30 too.

I agree 100% about it being no coincidence that Read writes the Leichhardt Oval article, but is it wise giving the game away and openly saying in a pod cast that Brent Read is a good mate.
G'day mate, off topic, but can you please change the colours of your logo? I'm sick of seeing cardinal and myrtle on the tigers forum. I hate souths as well that's why I'm over it. Thanks legend. Go the tigers!

The government will never force us out of Leichhardt. They have no avenue to do so. We choose where we play our matches and lease the ground from council. The stadium is in good condition. The only real issue for spectators is that there could be more toilets and bars. For the club there could also be more corporate space. Neither qualifies for abandoning the ground, it's the only ground that our fans show up to. And opponents love to hate going there too.
Corporate space is very limited at LO. I have no doubt if the government was to fund corporate facilities to supply an extra 500 corporate seats (Corporate suites) then I think Richo would have a long term lease signed. Unfortunately we miss out on big dollars because we don’t have the capacity to host big corporate numbers. I have no doubt Richo will keep this in the media to keep the pressure on the government. Definitely something magical about the old girl. Walking in on Saturday night I was instantly pumped up. Fingers crossed we get something done there

People getting outraged about us leaving LO need to chill out . It’s 💯 a political ploy , starting it around a packed Leichhardt , where it’s in the news for good things , so it’s a position of strength we can leverage from .
That’s what’s really up !
If we can get the 8th wonder funding , then we can focus on a new c town stadium

Just went through all NSW Cup sides & NRL extended benches think we really need another middle.

Jazz Tevaga is one I think we could land this year. Warriors have big depth for middles has no contract for 2025. Upgrade what he is on this year & signed for 2025 plus a mutual option for 2026.

Richo surely releases at least 1 or 2 more soon or at worst next off season.

I think Richo is just being himself, honest and straight talking. Either spend on it or we are going elsewhere. It’s up to the public now to let the politicians know what they think.

Reactions: 851
Just went through all NSW Cup sides & NRL extended benches think we really need another middle.

Jazz Tevaga is one I think we could land this year. Warriors have big depth for middles has no contract for 2025. Upgrade what he is on this year & signed for 2025 plus a mutual option for 2026.

I also suggested Jazz Tevaga last week from next season. But I doubt Warriors let him go early since their premiership window is this year.

G'day mate, off topic, but can you please change the colours of your logo? I'm sick of seeing cardinal and myrtle on the tigers forum. I hate souths as well that's why I'm over it. Thanks legend. Go the tigers!
Well that was a really big ask brother, but no one can say that I'm not a reasonable person.

Hope this is to your satisfaction. 👍

Would rather use that $$$ to lock up Fonua Pole and big Steph for the next 4 years. Base our pack around them. Hopefully negotiations have started with both and Papallai
Agree. I’d prefer build around what we have ….than go all in on one forward.
With Twal out this week its clear we don’t have enough quality middles that are ready for NRL level.

I would love Tevaga, he fits the mould of what we want, but I know how loyal he is to that club and I'll be surprised if he ever leaves. if he does get itchy feet tho we need to be front and centre.

We probably do need another middle right now, but we do have Laulilli, Faagatu, Miller, Matamua, S Fainu all on top 30 contracts and that's why we don't have more experienced middles. We've gone all in on the juniors.

I think at some point the club is going to have to let some of these 18-20 year olds go. We have too many and hopefully we keep the right ones.

Richo has already said his next priority is outside backs. Although if a top class forward fell into his lap I doubt he would say no. As for Fafita, doesn’t play enough games to justify the price tag
I doubt that's where Richo's focus is to be honest. Fifita would be nice to have but in Bateman and Papali'i we have two very good backrowers that I think will only improve this year.

we definitely need at least one backrower to either sit on the bench or remain as depth, but obviously Fifita is in the top echelon. I'd love for us to bring Sam McIntyre back, or even have a look at guys like Jack Williams or Euan Aitken.

Interesting on the outside back front. Really unsure where we go. Wing we have Staines & Naden next year... Lobb on a development deal. I would suggest Toa maybe moves to the wing as well.

I'd like Faataape signed to a top 30 deal & Feledy moved on. Centres are then Olam & Faataape. Toa for depth.

Kepaoa unsigned for next year.

Not a lot on the market. Maybe Adam Doueihi if fit & firmly knows he will play 2-5, 13 or Bench???

Latest posts

Back