Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

reckon dragons will go to hasler and look at swapping Hunt for Fafita in 2025,
Doesn't need to, Fifita can look at other options for 2025 right now. He has an option in his deal up to round 10 which says he can leave next year if he activates it.

Reactions: 851
if we hear Stefano has booked a tee time at Moore Park then he might be heading to Bondi.

Moses is already trying to ring the pro shop and get Galvin tee time at Moore Park for end of 2026
;)

if we hear Stefano has booked a tee time at Moore Park then he might be heading to Bondi.

Moses is already trying to ring the pro shop and get Galvin tee time at Moore Park for end of 2026
;)
Don't go off too early on that! Might just be included as part of Benji's game day tee off ;)

Just on the Lomax player swap talk, Simpkin might be a good shout but I doubt it's enticing enough considering Liddle has played well.

I wouldn't be opposed to the club doing Simpkin + Naden / Starford as a trade for Lomax. St George are light on outside backs so as much as they would love another forward they would also need a Lomax replacement. While Starford / Naden aren't on the level of Lomax, they do cover the same positions and I'm sure Flanagan is confident enough to think he can get the best out of one of them.

The deal would be similar coin so clubs could straight swap the contracts and it moves 2 on for us that we probably will be moving on from anyway.

Just on the Lomax player swap talk, Simpkin might be a good shout but I doubt it's enticing enough considering Liddle has played well.

I wouldn't be opposed to the club doing Simpkin + Naden / Starford as a trade for Lomax. St George are light on outside backs so as much as they would love another forward they would also need a Lomax replacement. While Starford / Naden aren't on the level of Lomax, they do cover the same positions and I'm sure Flanagan is confident enough to think he can get the best out of one of them.

The deal would be similar coin so clubs could straight swap the contracts and it moves 2 on for us that we probably will be moving on from anyway.
That would be fantastic for us, I can’t imagine the Dragons would even contemplate it.

It’s quite simple of both Galvin and Latu Fainu live up to their potential, the only way we could retain them both long term is if we play them both in the halves and offload Luai.
I’d say we will have until the end of the 2025 season to make a decision on it, so it’s purely wait and see at the moment.

Last edited:

Just came out that Turuvas manager informed penrith that he will be now talking to other clubs, seems penrith have stalled for too long. We need to get him as he can play anywhere in the back 5. Hopefully Api's connection gets him over the line.

To'a for sure, swap him

Just came out that Turuvas manager informed penrith that he will be now talking to other clubs, seems penrith have stalled for too long. We need to get him as he can play anywhere in the back 5. Hopefully Api's connection gets him over the line.
That would be an amazing get

But highly unlikely

I don't think it's as unlikely as you do tbh, he has links with Api + Luai and is in a position that the club is willing to spend $ on. Article mentions management is after 500k a season, we paid Naden that.
Well that makes it sound positive

Hopefully we can get him with api and Luai leading the charge

I don't think it's as unlikely as you do tbh, he has links with Api + Luai and is in a position that the club is willing to spend $ on. Article mentions management is after 500k a season, we paid Naden that.
Yes yes please. Panthers signing of Taylan May & with those McLean brothers coming through, we should be able to offer way more. As you mentioned we have the cousin Api link & Luai plus I read somewhere Tigers are going to be doing some development work in Fiji in future.

Would love to bag Turuva. Last year made very little errors, good finisher and good out of his own end. Also has the 'Fijian connection' with Api and Bula

At $500k would be a great get … I’m sure a lot of clubs would be interested at that price, so would probably need Luai to get in his ear …

I can pretty much guarantee we'll be in the mix.... time will tell.
do we really want to be?

Lomax is kinda like Sullivan -- bad attitude and a bit lazy and soft.

I get the "upside" factor etc and "better than what we have" - but i like the Olams and Galvin and Api types who are no nonsense and sturdy even when things are not going great.

I just think for the money he would be expecting $700K + .... why would we do that?

Can you enlighten me as you seem to have the good oil.

thanks mate

do we really want to be?

Lomax is kinda like Sullivan -- bad attitude and a bit lazy and soft.

I get the "upside" factor etc and "better than what we have" - but i like the Olams and Galvin and Api types who are no nonsense and sturdy even when things are not going great.

I just think for the money he would be expecting $700K + .... why would we do that?

Can you enlighten me as you seem to have the good oil.

thanks mate

Where does all this Lomax and attitude come from? People state it like its a known fact. I've heard the opposite about him.

Back