Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Been a long time since we've seen what he can do...

A game or two in cup and expect to see him lining up at centre.

No cap.
Dude I like your opinions

But he’s another “hope” project

Brooks was a ten year hope project

Sullivan has been a 3 game hope project that’s dog sh*t

Adam has been a 4 yr hope project

We don’t need hope anymore

We know what he’s like - at best give him a trial , no contract, but then only sign him max one year bc he’s knees are sh’t, and he brings the team down

Dude I like your opinions

But he’s another “hope” project

Brooks was a ten year hope project

Sullivan has been a 3 game hope project that’s dog sh*t

Adam has been a 4 yr hope project

We don’t need hope anymore

We know what he’s like - at best give him a trial , no contract, but then only sign him max one year bc he’s knees are sh’t, and he brings the team down
It's not my idea....

Boy Zac Lomax really showed his poor attitude today, I'm so glad Benji didn't make a play for him. Really doesn't look like he would fit in with our team at all
Yea…. LOL. Some people just can’t see talent and need a pronto visit to spec savers. Would love Lomax … covers wing, centre, fullback, is aggressive, prolific try machine for Saints and longer term utility forward option.
But guess we won’t get him. Arthur is great at attracting and recruiting talent.

Don't shoot the messenger...

They're aware.
The chosen one will be back soon.
New and improve, as a centre.

View attachment 11458

You heard it here first.
As long as he hits with his shoulder and sticks , I’m actually ok with this .
I feel like the way we attack needs big bodies out wide who get thier arms free . All game I felt like there was little half chances here and there .
It wasn’t that long ago he was rated the best centre in the club , and a Smokey for origin . What a difference a couple of years makes

Yea…. LOL. Some people just can’t see talent and need a pronto visit to spec savers. Would love Lomax … covers wing, centre, fullback, is aggressive, prolific try machine for Saints and longer term utility forward option.
But guess we won’t get him. Arthur is great at attracting and recruiting talent.
The issue is the 800k . Or 660k . But yes Lomax is a difference maker right now for that team . He straight doesn’t play and we would have gone close to a win today . As bad as we were .

As long as he hits with his shoulder and sticks , I’m actually ok with this .
I feel like the way we attack needs big bodies out wide who get thier arms free . All game I felt like there was little half chances here and there .
It wasn’t that long ago he was rated the best centre in the club , and a Smokey for origin . What a difference a couple of years makes
Has no contract after this year.
I'm sure he'd like to extend his career in the game.
Our club has him earmarked exclusively as an outside back.

People ragging on him pretty regularly, he'll be back in the 17 as soon as he can, at centre.

Guaranteed. 🔒

Reactions: 851
I don't think we're too many pieces away from having a roster that gives us the win in a game like yesterday.

As each week goes by, I think iPap may be of more effective use in the middle as a bench prop and having a tall, powerful, fast & skilful backrower in place - Samuela Fainu. We know Sam's an aggressive defender with good linespeed, I guess it's just his lateral defence and being able to manage an edge where the jury is out atm. But worth developing!!!

I think we also need to give Matamua more consistent reps in the 17 as he does straighten our attack and possesses the link play & offload abilility that we lack. He just seems a bit passive & doesn't demand the ball (maybe an age thing & not overcalling the Klemmers & Sezers of the world).

In terms of recruitment, a right centre who is fast, powerful, agile, strong defensively & has x-factor in the air would be great. We've hoped Naden & T'oa would be this but they both lack in 1-2 of these key areas.

Further to my post above, after watching AJ Brimson against the Raiders last night, I wonder whether Heath Mason can offer us a similar profile - explosive acceleration off the mark to find gaps in a tired middle 3rd, great step & ball skills.

Benji rates him highly and I wonder once Mason gets more reps in Cup once rehabbed from his wrist injury another 6-8 weeks, we may see him on the bench as a utility later in the season.

Further to my post above, after watching AJ Brimson against the Raiders last night, I wonder whether Heath Mason can offer us a similar profile - explosive acceleration off the mark to find gaps in a tired middle 3rd, great step & ball skills.

Benji rates him highly and I wonder once Mason gets more reps in Cup once rehabbed from his wrist injury another 6-8 weeks, we may see him on the bench as a utility later in the season.
Benj has already spoken to his utility value and how he goes 100 miles an hour at everything. I think he's the ideal 14 moving forward, but Benj has to utilise him. we can't waste his key development phase by having him sit on the pine for 80 like he has with Sullivan and now Simpkin.

Latest posts

Members online

Back