Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Ken Maumalo is looking for a new club after not getting a chance at the Titans

Although personally I'd prefer Aaron Schoupp who seems to have dropped down the pecking order at Titans but has been in brilliant form for Ipswich Jets - avergaing 195m running in the centres and 3 tries and 23 tackle breaks in 6 games

Although personally I'd prefer Aaron Schoupp who seems to have dropped down the pecking order at Titans but has been in brilliant form for Ipswich Jets - avergaing 195m running in the centres and 3 tries and 23 tackle breaks in 6 games
Schoupp is very under rated and would be a good improvement for us at right centre.

Maybe because he's always looked good.
Fast, good hands, serious attacking threat.

Probably end up on the storm backline, killing it. Like Addo Carr.

Or not.
I was in Qld and watched him absolutely destroy the Dolphins early last season.
He was that dominant I had people sitting all around me wondering who he was, he had just signed with the Titans at that stage.

Reactions: 851
I was in Qld and watched him absolutely destroy the Dolphins early last season.
He was that dominant I had people sitting all around me wondering who he was, he had just signed with the Titans at that stage.
Fitz?

He has always been a great attacking player.
Defence is suspect, but things can always be worked on.

Lets sign Ken again...

Why is he looking for a new club? Good chance he never plays NRL again.

Of the backline players that aren’t currently in their teams top 17, personally think Alamoti and Valemei are the best bet. Both I think would improve our team.

Would still need to sign a rep quality outside back IMO if we ever want to get back in the 8 though…

More likely because he has scored 40 tries and made 42 line breaks in 44 games of NSW Cup
40 tries, 42 line breaks, and 1 domestic abuse case in 44 games of NSW cup. Would've played NRL here already if he wasn't a see you next Tuesday. But you see, the Roosters don't really care about whether or not a guy is a d-head or not. They just want to win. Hence why we've seen them signing every women abuser they can get their grubby claws on. He'll probably debut there eventually.

Of the backline players that aren’t currently in their teams top 17, personally think Alamoti and Valemei are the best bet. Both I think would improve our team.

Would still need to sign a rep quality outside back IMO if we ever want to get back in the 8 though…
We’re going to have to fork out close to Luai money if we want a genuine, Origin quality centre. There’s only a handful.

Cobbo
Holmes
Crichton
Best
Whigton
May
Graham

None of those are available.

You could go the next rung down which would be Penisni, Ramien, Garrick, Kelly. Bird, Kris. But none of those are available

Cotric, Schoupp, Ta Whare, Chester, Averillo the next rung down. These are the sorts of players we’d most likely be attracting. I think the last two could be decent shouts. But then the question about availability comes into it.

Maybe because he's always looked good.
Fast, good hands, serious attacking threat.

Probably end up on the storm backline, killing it. Like Addo Carr.

Or not.
He got sacked for a domestic violence charge that was dropped so he could join the Roosters - he simply does not live a lifestyle that is conducive to professional football.

That was the same modus operandi this Daine Laurie used to to join Penrith - remember how that turned out?

1713781051167.png
1713781089130.png

We’re going to have to fork out close to Luai money if we want a genuine, Origin quality centre. There’s only a handful.

Cobbo
Holmes
Crichton
Best
Whigton
May
Graham

None of those are available.

You could go the next rung down which would be Penisni, Ramien, Garrick, Kelly. Bird, Kris. But none of those are available

Cotric, Schoupp, Ta Whare, Chester, Averillo the next rung down. These are the sorts of players we’d most likely be attracting. I think the last two could be decent shouts. But then the question about availability comes into it.
I’m assuming by Chester you’re referring to Tom Chester from the Cowboys. He re-signed until next year not to long ago and I imagine he’ll be apart of the squad long term at some stage. He’s also a Cowboys junior so I imagine they’ll want to keep him. Averillo I think could become a possibility, I don’t see how he fits into the Dolphins lineup next year with Tupou going there. But Dolphins did pay decent coin for him from reports but whether that’s true I don’t know. We apparently tried for Bostock when they announced him for a swap this year but they said no so I’m assuming he’s also apart of their long term plans. Te Wahre and Schoupp we should at least keep tabs but if it was out those two I think I would go Schoupp. Think Te Wahre needs more of a diet to get into shape.

Reactions: 851
Back