Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I honestly hope we can keep Stefano but jeez I hope we aren’t paying anything over $600,000. He was ordinary last night and the only time he decided to step up is when the game is finished. I don’t understand why he can’t put the effort in the first 20? Maybe just start him off the bench if thats how he is gonna play.
He was outstanding last week for the whole game. There’s still just a chasm between his best and worst games. That should have been ironed out by now.

Seems we have been doing same
thing for years now, trying and hoping our wishes come true.

I'm at the stage of giving it away now, almost 80 years old, only thing I feel watching them now,
Is the possibility of a ❤️ attack.
I know how u feel , at 68 myself I don’t think I will ever see another grandfinal , but the chance of maybe 10 more wooden spoons 😜 but u hang in there buddy

Just looking at our top 30 thank Christ the old management is gone
#Nottherightproblem.

Take half the fringe graders we have and put them in a better system and they would be first graders.

Our recruitment has been great. Our player building, SHOCKING.

Twal to the bench. Is Simone Fainu a first grader?

Don’t know how up to date this is:

I’d go after the following guys noting we are waiting on guys to come through:
-Angus Chrichton
-Daniel Tupou
-Martin Tapau
-Jarrod Wallace
-Zane Tetevano

1. Bula
2. Alaimalo
3. Olam
4. Turuva
5. Tupou

6. Galvin
7. Luai

8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Wallace
11. S. Fainu
12. Crichton
13. Pole

14. Tetevano
15. Miller
16. Twal
17. Tapau
Dont mind it except for zane im totally against that women basher

Twal to the bench. Is Simone Fainu a first grader?

Don’t know how up to date this is:

I’d go after the following guys noting we are waiting on guys to come through:
-Angus Chrichton
-Daniel Tupou
-Martin Tapau
-Jarrod Wallace
-Zane Tetevano

1. Bula
2. Alaimalo
3. Olam
4. Turuva
5. Tupou

6. Galvin
7. Luai

8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Wallace
11. S. Fainu
12. Crichton
13. Pole

14. Tetevano
15. Miller
16. Twal
17. Tapau
You do realise it’s the NRL, not an over 35’s comp ?
Wallace, Tapau and Tetevano have all seen better days and although Daniel Tupou is still playing well, he’s now in his mid 30’s it’s only a matter of time before his form falls off a cliff.

Wallace, Tapau and Tetevano have all seen better days and although Daniel Tupou is still playing well, he’s now in his mid 30’s it’s only a matter of time before his form falls off a cliff.
Yea, right on Vicious. I don't get this line of thinking.

Tupou may still have stuff to offer for a season.

Zane is really pushing the limit. Heck we have had the "bateman is too old, Klemmer is too old" posts already.

What on earth are people thinking.

Anyone who hasn’t seen it, do yourself a favour and watch the NSW Cup highlights from last weekend, Billy Burns with the Jets and Matt Doorey with the Eels.
I know plenty will say it’s only NSW Cup, but rest assured these two have been dominating NSW Cup like this for a long long time, now in the prime of their careers and crying out for a regular NRL opportunity.
Couple them with the emerging Sam Fainu and a few other prospects currently in our own lower grades and we can possibly have strike on our NRL edges moving forward, something we have not had for a long, long time.
With Papali’i likely departing, I would hope we are also looking at an experienced no nonsense player with much better leg speed than any of our current forwards in Jack Williams to either start at 13 or bring impact like he does at the Sharks.
With our side, reputation, current build position and history of performance of recruited players; it’s evident that signing a young player as a marquee ie Blair / IPap ain’t for us.
We are having much more success with signings like Samuela Fainu who we picked up for semi decent money but have been signed before they have broken into the nrl as a player of interest.
Similar to Matterson and even Leulia these mid range gambles are the go.
Doorey and Burns both show promise but are also inconsistent.
We need to pick up Dylan Lucas from the Knights or as someone mentioned in the thread Klease Hass. This is our play.

I honestly hope we can keep Stefano but jeez I hope we aren’t paying anything over $600,000. He was ordinary last night and the only time he decided to step up is when the game is finished. I don’t understand why he can’t put the effort in the first 20? Maybe just start him off the bench if thats how he is gonna play.
He was fine, one of the only forwards who tried. You think he's taking a pay cut next year? Lol, no chance.
We're the worst team in the comp. We cant offer the same as other clubs, we have to offer 20% more to get someone...

Stef looks unhappy but then again I just think that's the way he looks.
I've convinced myself he will succumb to the temptation of a stronger club - expect Ivan to go for the two for two with his smooth talking, and his determination to sh"_ t on this club at any given opportunity. As soon as Turuva was gone straight into poach mode - the package deal hit us where it hurts. Can see his smug pathetic grin at the very thought of it.
And I do have a massive problem with Ivan Cleary so my judgement likely to be way off and has no credibility.
Every player in our team should be miserable, unhappy. Any player walking off the field with a smile on their face after losing 8 in a row deserves a punch in the nose!
And the Panthers now have no money for a big name forward. They spent JFHs money on Ice. They have a heap of good young forwards, they don't need to spend big money on too many

I made another note to Demps those players are based off what’s available within the article. Furthermore, people keep calling for established first graders. Wallace will probably play origin. Tupou is great. Tell me who you would put forward you know is off contract this year and you would pick.

Last edited:
Yea, right on Vicious. I don't get this line of thinking.

Tupou may still have stuff to offer for a season.

Zane is really pushing the limit. Heck we have had the "bateman is too old, Klemmer is too old" posts already.

What on earth are people thinking.
What are you thinking with that comments? Propose something.

in hindsight if we knew we were getting luai we probably wouldn't have signed latu fainu
Rubbish.
People seem to forget that Latu was still eligible for SGBall this season. He's a year younger than players like Ethan Strange who are breaking onto the scene this year.
Most clubs don't avoid signing quality players because they already have quality players. You want quality in all grades.
He's still just an 18 year old, will ahead of schedule. Even if he doesn't pay first grade again this year that's fine. He needs 4x80 full matches in cup once he's fit. Then we can can see where he's at and how the NRL team is going and where he fits in.
Harry Grant honed his skills in lower grades until he read 22-23. Luai honed his skills until he was 21-22. Good clubs don't rush juniors
Given Latus flexibility I can see him offering significant utility value, or Galvin may end up moving.

Last edited:
I made another note to Demps those players are based off what’s available within the article. Furthermore, people keep calling for established first graders. Wallace will probably play origin. Tupou is great. Tell me who you would put forward you know is off contract this year and you would pick.
Yeah that’s fair enough, I know there isn’t much talent left that is officially off contract.
We need to he strategic and a few others have mentioned the Sharks in particular are way over stocked in way of props for 2025.
Considering Fonua-Blake is coming in for them along with Rudolf returning from injury, you would say Royce Hunt will miss their too 17 when at full strength, he is be one who would bring much needed size and aggression to our side.

Yeah that’s fair enough, I know there isn’t much talent left that is officially off contract.
We need to he strategic and a few others have mentioned the Sharks in particular are way over stocked in way of props for 2025.
Considering Fonua-Blake is coming in for them along with Rudolf returning from injury, you would say Royce Hunt will miss their too 17 when at full strength, he is be one who would bring much needed size and aggression to our side.
Papalii wasn't off contract, that didn't stop Penrith when they needed a backrower. The good clubs make it happen I think Richo could aswell only stumbling block is selling the Tigers to any prospective players we might try to entice out of a contract early

So we’re having a clean out or cap rebalance or maybe it’s a gutting.
Which came first? The clean out or the players saying they’ve had enough?
Is our coach being proactive or reactive?

Back